Potential base for a Pacman moveset

#1MeanMotorScootePosted 6/29/2013 4:19:52 PM
A lot of people keep saying if Pacman made it in, he'd be boring since he's never fought before and chances are would just be a character who does nothing but punch and kick. I can think of a moveset/things he can use for attacks...

Aside from punching/kicking, he can obviously use his mouth for chomping

He could use some of his attacks from Pac-in-time: Which included a mallet, shooting fire balls from his mouth, and a special grappling hook that allowed him to swing around like Spiderman (the highlight of the game)

also, yes, I am aware that Pac-in-time is just a reskinned version of the game "Fury of the Furries", but Super Mario 2 is just a re-skinned version of Doki Doki Panic, and yet Princess Peach keeps some of her moves from that game such as the turnip plucking/throwing.

and from pac-n-roll on the DS, we can have him roll into a ball. In Pacman the new adventures, he can use a hang glider to get around (as seen on the cover) the use of a sling shot from the same game, or even a transformation into super pacman. and use a go kart used in Pacman World Rally

I know people are going to argue most of these moves sound like things other characters have (Wario already has a biting/chomping based move, Ice climbers and Dedede use mallets, Mario and Luigi shoot fire balls, Link, Samus, and Ivysaur have grappling hook esq moves, and Sonic, Jigglypuff, and Yoshi all have rolling based attacks. Other characters like Metaknight, Pit, and Charizard can already glide. Also, his go kart might be too similar to the motorcycle move wario does)

But at least this might help show that he can do more than just punch and kick.

And if you want to get a tad more overboard, there's always summoning the ghosts, or using attacks from other namco bandai characters such as dig dug or Klonoa. Not to mention there's always bringing his little weird wooden mecha in from street fighter X tekken for a move or two.

Also, I think he'd have an amusing final smash... imagine everyone turning blue and becoming more susceptible to damage and Pacman himself becoming his old 8-bit self and going "wakka wakka wakka" trying to eat everyone. When he chomps them, only their eyes would be left which would then go flying off the screen.
#2TheAquaman803Posted 6/29/2013 4:27:13 PM
Only a head pac-man or no pac-man.
#3MeanMotorScoote(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 4:28:13 PM
TheAquaman803 posted...

You realize that knowing Namco they will use the most recent Pacman incarnation, right? Just like how Sega had Nintendo use the modern Sonic incarnation and not the classic Genesis version.
#4Master_Warlord7Posted 6/29/2013 4:30:00 PM
MeanMotorScoote posted...
TheAquaman803 posted...

You realize that knowing Namco they will use the most recent Pacman incarnation, right? Just like how Sega had Nintendo use the modern Sonic incarnation and not the classic Genesis version.

Of course we do. That doesn't mean we like it.
---
~~~V Smash Bros Moveset Making Paradise V~~~
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=335316
#5MeanMotorScoote(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 4:35:49 PM
Master_Warlord7 posted...
MeanMotorScoote posted...
TheAquaman803 posted...

Of course we do. That doesn't mean we like it.

Well I guess one good thing about having pacman as just a ball with a mouth... no one would complain that he's just a punch and kick character if he has no arms or legs.
#6AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 6/29/2013 4:47:33 PM
I'm still just not interested in this character.

I'm not trying to bash him, but does anyone want him in for reasons other than "It's Namco, and it's to be expected."?

I just have a really rough time understanding the appeal, of both the character and the moveset. Whenever I hear of a moveset it's either punch/kick/bite/roll, or a wacky gadgets/powers moveset, the same kind Waluigi supporters get flamed for. I'd just like to hear how you supporters feel about it, and what your reasoning is.
#7MysteriousMistPosted 6/29/2013 5:04:36 PM
AnnoyingCornGuy posted...
I just have a really rough time understanding the appeal, of both the character and the moveset. Whenever I hear of a moveset it's either punch/kick/bite/roll, or a wacky gadgets/powers moveset, the same kind Waluigi supporters get flamed for. I'd just like to hear how you supporters feel about it, and what your reasoning is.

Meh, with Waluigi, I feel like the gadget based moveset actually works, but I see no reason for Pac-Man to even be considered for SSB4.
---
No one you know, trust me.
#8sterlingtygerPosted 6/29/2013 5:09:38 PM
MysteriousMist posted...
I see no reason for Pac-Man to even be considered for SSB4.

inb4 "Now, Lloyd Irving, on the other hand, being one of the most well known and popular gaming icons of all time, and having clear close ties to Nintendo to the point of one of the biggest games in his franchise even being developed by Miyamoto..."
#9Gamer09ePosted 6/29/2013 5:11:49 PM
AnnoyingCornGuy posted...
I'm still just not interested in this character.

I'm not trying to bash him, but does anyone want him in for reasons other than "It's Namco, and it's to be expected."?

To each it's own, plain and simple it's cool if you don't like the character.. ill give you a secret You don't have too, it'd be dump for me to stand here or anyone to waste our time trying to convince you that a character is awesome when they just don't appeal to you, as i've said for me there's history behind my liking towards Pacman (It was the very first video game that i played as a kid among other things) so for me personally pacman holds a place in my heart, and being such a huge smash bros fan i'd be beyond elated to see him duking it out with many other characters i've grown to love.. Do i know for sure how he'd play like, besides the whole Pacman world series, ill tell you another secret ready... No none of us do, that's the point sakurai has managed to pull out decent move set for the likes of Game & watch, Ice climbers, Fox, Cpt. Falcon, and even recently Wii fit trainer and Villager, all who aren't even fighter prier to their inclusion in smash bros, at this point going into the 4th installment i'd doubt sakurai waste his time making pacman a Punchy character, (that's little mac job) i personally trust sakurai that if pacman makes it into the game sakurai and his team as well as namco would make him look amazing but until then no person will give you the right answer because your just not a fan of the character, which again like i said is fine...
---
Elektra for the next MvC game and Pac-man for SSBWIIU
#10MahdiohPosted 6/29/2013 5:14:27 PM
Sounds good. The rev roll from the Pac-man World series would be an interesting attack if Pac could roll up and down ramps and stuff. Oh, and If there WAS a Pac-man 2 hang glider move, I'd want Pac-man to do his signature "Yooohhhhhhh!" yell from the SNES version when he gets too close to a wall or the ground. XD
---
It's-a me!