Potential base for a Pacman moveset

#11Gamer09ePosted 6/29/2013 5:28:08 PM(edited)
sterlingtyger posted...
MysteriousMist posted...
I see no reason for Pac-Man to even be considered for SSB4.

inb4 "Now, Lloyd Irving, on the other hand, being one of the most well known and popular gaming icons of all time, and having clear close ties to Nintendo to the point of one of the biggest games in his franchise even being developed by Miyamoto..."

Hahaha! Oh gosh that's funny! Do you write your own material? Because that is so fresh. "Inb4 Pacman blah blah." You know, I've never heard anyone make that comment before.You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference that here before. Because that's what most of us say when defending pacman right? And yet you've taken that and used it out of context and included Lloyd irving to further insult most of us "pacman supporters" in this everyday situation. God what a clever, smart guy you must be, to come up with a wity line like this all by yourself! your good.... damn your so clever....
---
Elektra for the next MvC game and Pac-man for SSBWIIU
#12AnnoyingCornGuyPosted 6/29/2013 5:31:26 PM
Gamer09e posted...
AnnoyingCornGuy posted...
I'm still just not interested in this character.

I'm not trying to bash him, but does anyone want him in for reasons other than "It's Namco, and it's to be expected."?

I just have a really rough time understanding the appeal, of both the character and the moveset. Whenever I hear of a moveset it's either punch/kick/bite/roll, or a wacky gadgets/powers moveset, the same kind Waluigi supporters get flamed for. I'd just like to hear how you supporters feel about it, and what your reasoning is.

To each it's own, plain and simple it's cool if you don't like the character.. ill give you a secret You don't have too, it'd be dump for me to stand here or anyone to waste our time trying to convince you that a character is awesome when they just don't appeal to you, as i've said for me there's history behind my liking towards Pacman (It was the very first video game that i played as a kid among other things) so for me personally pacman holds a place in my heart, and being such a huge smash bros fan i'd be beyond elated to see him duking it out with many other characters i've grown to love.. Do i know for sure how he'd play like, besides the whole Pacman world series, ill tell you another secret ready... No none of us do, that's the point sakurai has managed to pull out decent move set for the likes of Game & watch, Ice climbers, Fox, Cpt. Falcon, and even recently Wii fit trainer and Villager, all who aren't even fighter prier to their inclusion in smash bros, at this point going into the 4th installment i'd doubt sakurai waste his time making pacman a Punchy character, (that's little mac job) i personally trust sakurai that if pacman makes it into the game sakurai and his team as well as namco would make him look amazing but until then no person will give you the right answer because your just not a fan of the character, which again like i said is fine...

I feel like I'm too young for classic Pac-Man, and too old for his newer stuff(not saying it's kiddy, saying I missed the boat when they were around).

But I can accept that explanation. I'm still not rooting for him, but if he gets in, I'll be happy for you Pac-Man fans out there, at the very least.
#13KoopaSoupPosted 6/29/2013 5:38:24 PM
MeanMotorScoote posted...
"Fury of the Furries".

Yes, TC, this is what will happen when it turns out that Krystal isn't in the game, but what's it got to do with Pac-Man?

But, on topic, Pac-Man has tons of moveset potential without the sidegames:

Up-B: Ghost Grab- Pac-Man grabs a random ghost which propels itself up, allowing him to move upwards and dealing damage,with different ghosts having different attack properties.
Side-B: Waka Waka Dash: Pac-Man loses his arms and legs and dashes forward clamping down as he does.
Forward-B: Pellet toss- Throws Pellets forward, with a random chance to throw an exploding power pellet or fruit, which bounces onto the stage as an item.
Down-B: Chomp- Allows him to eat oncoming projectiles, healing percentage damage as he does.

Final Smash: Power Pellet: like super sonic with pacman movements, can track down players and hit them for massive damage.
#14Gamer09ePosted 6/29/2013 5:49:05 PM
Gamer09e posted...
I'm still just not interested in this character.

I'm not trying to bash him, but does anyone want him in for reasons other than "It's Namco, and it's to be expected."?

I just have a really rough time understanding the appeal, of both the character and the moveset. Whenever I hear of a moveset it's either punch/kick/bite/roll, or a wacky gadgets/powers moveset, the same kind Waluigi supporters get flamed for. I'd just like to hear how you supporters feel about it, and what your reasoning is.

To each it's own, plain and simple it's cool if you don't like the character.. ill give you a secret You don't have too, it'd be dump for me to stand here or anyone to waste our time trying to convince you that a character is awesome when they just don't appeal to you, as i've said for me there's history behind my liking towards Pacman (It was the very first video game that i played as a kid among other things) so for me personally pacman holds a place in my heart, and being such a huge smash bros fan i'd be beyond elated to see him duking it out with many other characters i've grown to love.. Do i know for sure how he'd play like, besides the whole Pacman world series, ill tell you another secret ready... No none of us do, that's the point sakurai has managed to pull out decent move set for the likes of Game & watch, Ice climbers, Fox, Cpt. Falcon, and even recently Wii fit trainer and Villager, all who aren't even fighter prier to their inclusion in smash bros, at this point going into the 4th installment i'd doubt sakurai waste his time making pacman a Punchy character, (that's little mac job) i personally trust sakurai that if pacman makes it into the game sakurai and his team as well as namco would make him look amazing but until then no person will give you the right answer because your just not a fan of the character, which again like i said is fine...

I feel like I'm too young for classic Pac-Man, and too old for his newer stuff(not saying it's kiddy, saying I missed the boat when they were around).

But I can accept that explanation. I'm still not rooting for him, but if he gets in, I'll be happy for you Pac-Man fans out there, at the very least.

Thank you....
---
Elektra for the next MvC game and Pac-man for SSBWIIU
#15wrightreyesrockPosted 6/29/2013 6:16:16 PM
I don't want pac-man in unless his final smash is him becoming classic pacman and he has to eat the characters in a mini game of pacman