So is it pretty much confirmed that a Namco character will be in Smash U?

#1_ZXY_Posted 7/3/2013 10:04:28 PM
Sorry if it's cOLD
According to the recent IGN interview.
Sakurai asked the interviwer which Namco character he would like to see.
His response was Pacman.

Exact quote:
"My conversation with Sakurai was methodical, moving through the many, many details that make up a massive piece of software like Super Smash Bros. And while it was clear that many of these finer points have yet to be decided, which is probably why Nintendo didnít have the game playable during E3 2013, Sakurai still talks about his projects with a decisiveness and conviction that indicates he has a larger vision that has yet to complete mature. Despite that clarity, Sakurai still takes the time to ask me questions of his own. Which Namco Bandai character would I want to include? (My reply: old school Pac-Man.) What would that character's Final Smash be? (The enemies turn into ghosts, and you pursue them around the stage to eat them.) What Nintendo character would I want added? (A mob of seven Bowser's Koopalings, which prompted Sakurai to caution the 3DS's limits with fighters like the Ice Climbers.)"

So, I guess another third party character will be in after all, right????
#2MysteriousMistPosted 7/3/2013 10:18:05 PM
Not confirmed, but someone claimed they got Mega Man, Villager, WFT, Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man leaked to them the night before E3, and 3 of those are already confirmed. That basically makes Pac-Man at least 80%.
---
No one you know, trust me.
#3ThatKippPosted 7/3/2013 10:19:46 PM
Pac Man's gonna smash U in this game
---
Medicham/Victreebel
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4MysteriousMistPosted 7/3/2013 10:20:54 PM
ThatKipp posted...
Pac Man's gonna smash U in this game

I laughed. I really shouldn't have, but I laughed.
---
No one you know, trust me.
#5GenoPosted 7/3/2013 10:47:41 PM
I'd say that there's an extremely strong possibility for a Namco representative and 100% chance of Namco presence in some capacity in the game, as well.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#6DasDavidPosted 7/3/2013 10:49:43 PM
Now, Sakurai did say Namco characters aren't getting any special priority... but this is the second person he's asked, and I don't want to believe that the cruel bastard is trying to make sure that everyone that interviews him wants Pac Man in before confirming that he won't be.
---
If this is the final roster, I'll give myself a high five. I never get high fives =[
http://imgur.com/7ricd1Q
#7GenoPosted 7/3/2013 10:58:12 PM
DasDavid posted...
Now, Sakurai did say Namco characters aren't getting any special priority... but this is the second person he's asked, and I don't want to believe that the cruel bastard is trying to make sure that everyone that interviews him wants Pac Man in before confirming that he won't be.

I'm sure Sakurai has to be careful about what he says, all things considered. Having said that.. I figure it's pretty much a given there'll be a Namco representative even if they won't admit it.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853