It's kinda ironic how people say Pacman has a boring moveset

#1Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 7/5/2013 7:38:39 AM
When Nintendo haven't revealed a moveset. At all.
---
...once again, my mind crumbles to Kooky's logic! -MetaFalconPunch
Official Dark Lord Ganondorf of the SSBU Board.
#2Dark_IxionPosted 7/5/2013 8:49:45 AM
They're probably referring to his abilities that are from the games he's been in, and what moves could be made from them. I'm not saying I agree, as I have never played anything outside of the original.

This is smash though, I'm pretty confident any character could be given an interesting moveset regardless of their history.
---
Currently waiting for: FF15, X & Y, Dragon's Dogma 2, Dark Souls 2, Smash Brothers 4.
#3ZeroGravity38Posted 7/5/2013 8:56:28 AM
He could be a summoner. Summon all 4 ghosts, shoot pellets, down B could be fruit heal item, and chomp,
---
http://i.imgur.com/B9cUhho.gif
#4User728Posted 7/5/2013 8:58:33 AM
I don't believe his moveset would be boring at all. I just feel he's undeserving of being in this game because the only two 3rd party characters I feel deserve to be in are Sonic and Mega Man. That's it.
#5DavemanCosmanPosted 7/5/2013 9:04:01 AM
Dark_Ixion posted...
They're probably referring to his abilities that are from the games he's been in, and what moves could be made from them. I'm not saying I agree, as I have never played anything outside of the original.

This is smash though, I'm pretty confident any character could be given an interesting moveset regardless of their history.

It's this pretty much. However, I don't think his moveset in those games is generic. As far as I know, he's the only character that eats dots and can use them as ammo in Pac Man World.
---
Cheers, luck and other indoor sports
-Daveman
#6Gamer09ePosted 7/5/2013 9:40:38 AM
Dark_Ixion posted...

This right here should be said every time someone questions a characters move set potential...
---
Elektra for the next MvC game and Pac-man for SSBWIIU
#7Rayquaza487Posted 7/5/2013 9:46:38 AM
User728 posted...
I don't believe his moveset would be boring at all. I just feel he's undeserving of being in this game because the only two 3rd party characters I feel deserve to be in are Sonic and Mega Man. That's it.

One of Video Gaming's most iconic figure by non-games and gamers alike and also the first major video game icon is not deserving? I don't know how you figure that.
---
---
Official Rayquaza of the Super Smash Bros. boards
#8FoxMakinWafflesPosted 7/5/2013 9:47:41 AM
Dark_Ixion posted...

Keyword there is could. They could. Will they, though?
---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu
#9User728Posted 7/5/2013 10:12:13 AM
Rayquaza487 posted...
User728 posted...

One of Video Gaming's most iconic figure by non-games and gamers alike and also the first major video game icon is not deserving? I don't know how you figure that.
---

Simple. This is for Nintendo All-Stars only. I could give you plenty of gaming icons who are not in, but they're not Nintendo owned. I made an exception for Sonic and Mega Man because of their history with Nintendo and because I felt both would be exceptionally good fits. As kids, most people wanted to see Sonic vs Mario. Many people would include Mega Man in that category too. I don't know too many people who dreamed of a Mario vs Pacman fight.
#10bestssbbfanPosted 7/5/2013 10:17:32 AM(edited)
User728 posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...
User728 posted...

---

Simple. This is for Nintendo All-Stars only. I could give you plenty of gaming icons who are not in, but they're not Nintendo owned. I made an exception for Sonic and Mega Man because of their history with Nintendo and because I felt both would be exceptionally good fits. As kids, most people wanted to see Sonic vs Mario. Many people would include Mega Man in that category too. I don't know too many people who dreamed of a Mario vs Pacman fight.

This really, even snake is an odd choice simply due to the fact he never had much to do with nintendo (and still doesnt). Not rallying either way here but on snake but Pac Man really hasnt contributed a Megaman on Sonic level presence in nintendo's history. I cant think of any 3rd party that even comes close to their level really.

That said Pac Man world is more than enough moveset potential. One could rip moves straight out of the 3 games and probably come up with almost an entire moveset just out of the sheer number of powerups and skills he has shown there.
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!