My roster because hey why not inb4 "worst roster ever -1/10 would not buy"

#21Davidk92Posted 7/5/2013 1:58:00 PM
Clovernoodle posted...
Dammit man it's the day after America's 237th birthday and I can inb4 what I want.

Thank you first amendment

You can't inb4 in the topic title, and being American doesn't give you any special ****ing priveliges.

On-topic, 3/10. Pretty crappy roster, quite frankly, and I especially hate rosters that are vague like your "5th Mario Rep" and "Unannounced 6th Gen Rep".
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#22ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/5/2013 1:59:37 PM(edited)
Take off a fourth Zelda rep and 5th Mario rep, add Saki.

Either way, 9/10 would play.

EDIT: Also remove a 6th Gen rep, we already have Newtwo.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#23Clovernoodle(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 2:02:32 PM
Davidk92 posted...

You can't inb4 in the topic title, and being American doesn't give you any special ****ing priveliges.

On-topic, 3/10. Pretty crappy roster, quite frankly, and I especially hate rosters that are vague like your "5th Mario Rep" and "Unannounced 6th Gen Rep".

Being American gives me every privilege. We're the best country in the world. We singlehandedly won both the Boer and the Second Sino-Japanese wars and therefore I have every damn right to inb4 in the title. It's my birthright.

Also while I can understand why vagueness isn't optimal it's not like I didn't give reasonable options for the 5th Mario Rep and it's not like it's unreasonable to have a 6th Gen rep.
---
So... new here... what do I do?
#24Blade_of_BrosPosted 7/5/2013 2:19:17 PM
I actually like your vagueness on the 5th Mario character as I can never completely decide myself on who it should be (though I've narrowed it down to Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario mostly). However, if you hadn't have given examples, this would have been a very bad thing to put on your roster.

Mewtwo's X/Y forme wouldn't work as an alternate costume because it doesn't have a tail like normal Mewtwo does. Having it as a Final Smash could work but then there is absolutely no need for an "Unannounced 6th Generation Rep". Really, why did you even put that in there? Mewtwo's new forme represents the 6th generation fine; there's no reason for another one. This makes even less sense because we haven't even heard of this supposed pokemon yet.

You're cuts are pretty bad and your reasoning is worse.

Toon Link is the only one that makes sense to cut, but comparing him to Dr. Mario and using that as reasoning is just wrong.

Relevance of time is a terrible argument for leaving someone out. I can understand relevance to plot or to other characters, but there are plenty of examples of why relevance of time doesn't matter. Lucario is still a very popular pokemon anyway and is a completely unique fighter in Brawl, so there's no reason to cut him, especially if you give Pokemon another character that is totally unknown and completely unlikely.

Ike isn't important anymore? Only Ike and Marth have more than one lead playable role in separate Fire Emblem games. No other character in the entire series does that (Leaf in the SNES games has two, but his first appearance wasn't a lead if I understand correctly). If you'd really like to go by time and recent games, Ike still has Radiant Dawn on the Wii. Plus he's unique; why would you logically cut him? Fire Emblem can have 3 characters. It's not a crime. It was actually supposed to have 3 in Brawl but Roy was cut due to time constraints.

Also, you could use a few new faces from other series, not just new characters from the ones we already have.
#25ashcrvPosted 7/5/2013 2:20:37 PM
Best roster ever. 10/10. Would definitley buy.
---
MY HAIR IS ON FIRE!
#26Ultima_MagikarpPosted 7/5/2013 2:35:35 PM(edited)
8/10

Pretty good, but I don't know why people think Takamaru is getting in. They just needed a ninja game for Nintendoland because everyone liked the ninja game in Kirby Return to Dreamland and they dug up Takamaru.

Get rid of him, Shulk, and Dillon and add Snake, Ike, and Toon Link back in and its pretty much my roster though.
#27Ocelot1088Posted 7/5/2013 2:39:08 PM
Just exchange Pac-Man for Snake and its good.
---
http://www.tf2items.com/id/Ocelot1088
#28PT_PiranhaPosted 7/5/2013 2:39:13 PM
Not only did you commit the stupidity of a TC using in4, making you a total Captain Obvious, but you did it IN THE TOPIC TITLE.

So not only are you Captain Obvious, but you're just wrong! You're not even in yet!

Mother @#()%@, you've taken it to a new low!
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of the KHIII Board-
#29NightinanglePosted 7/5/2013 2:47:39 PM
Pfft. I made my roster with 3 extra characters I could get Better ratings too. :/ if I we t from 45-48 :'(
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://i.imgur.com/YHNFMLG.png
I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7. Because, you know. Sound waves....and...sonic booms.