This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think that Sakurai doesn't UNDERSTAND how Other M was such a failure?

#1wiiking96Posted 7/6/2013 9:58:49 AM
You'd think that with how badly Other M bombed that maybe he'd realize including the design of Samus from it in Super Smash Bros 4 might not be the ideal decision. It could be that he has little knowledge of Other M in general, and when someone from Nintendo came up to him and said, "Hey, why base Samus off her Other M iteration?", he didn't think much of it.

Your thoughts?
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2User728Posted 7/6/2013 9:59:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3SigmaHacielPosted 7/6/2013 10:00:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Oh__snapPosted 7/6/2013 10:01:24 AM
I don't care what design they use in this game, just don't let the story of Other M rear it's ugly head.
---
"Goodness without wisdom invariably accomplishes evil."
~ Valentine Michael Smith
#5Nicholas2222Posted 7/6/2013 10:02:29 AM
Maybe the Japanese audience had a better reaction to it?
Besides, it's her armour, it's not like Smash has a huge narrative or anything, so relax, it's really not that big a deal he has chosen the Other M look, at all.
---
I'm sorry folks.
I just can't help my bad tastes.
#6wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:02:51 AM
User728 posted...
It was better than any Prime game. Maybe he realizes how dumb of an opinion it is to hate on Other M.

I'm not certain whether or not you're trolling.

If not, then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfS0254dRRw
---
#7Ari917Posted 7/6/2013 10:04:58 AM(edited)
He won't change it, maybe tweak it a bit but no major changes. I highly doubt he doesn't know about Other M's reception, he just probably wanted to represent Metroid's newest entry and that's it.

Nicholas2222 posted...
Besides, it's her armour, it's not like Smash has a huge narrative or anything, so relax, it's really not that big a deal he has chosen the Other M look, at all.

Actually, Japan didn't like it much either.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#8mutehero7Posted 7/6/2013 10:04:07 AM
I think it's simply an objective decision. As far as I can tell, Nintendo is considering Other M as canon and Metroid's last major game, regardless of consumer opinion. It then makes sense to model SSB4's Samus after Other M's.
---
T or F: This statement is false.
#9wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:04:28 AM
Nicholas2222 posted...

It's an indication that people at Nintendo aren't realizing the reason why it bombed. They might not think it's because of how bad Other M was, but because people just don't like Metroid games anymore.
---
#10MrSirDrProf_smaPosted 7/6/2013 10:04:55 AM
Assist trophy Adam won't let other fighters use certain attacks while he's on screen like he'll say no ^.b or no forward smash.
---
If life is a stage I wanna be the one to control the trap door ;P fc 3823-8825-0484