People who don't want Toon Link to return....

#1AbugumgumPosted 7/6/2013 11:57:59 PM
In general, my assumption about people who don't want Toon Link to return simply have this opinion because they think it will make room for another character they want(it won't). In most cases, it isn't even another Zelda character people think should take Toon Link's spot, as most of you are starting to catch onto the fact that there is no other Zelda character that really needs to be added. The only other thing I can think of are people who are vehemently against clones, which again, I just believe is an opinion that results from people who want characters in the game and think about all of the characters they would trim down in order to make room for said character.

The Young Link moveset has been in Melee and Brawl folks. Get used to it.
#2EJWPosted 7/7/2013 12:00:16 AM
Being my favorite character in Brawl, as well as being from my favorite LOZ game, I just want him to stay.
---
Random user: Google is your friend.
Me: Google led me here now answer the damn question!!!
#3vital_tundraPosted 7/7/2013 12:02:34 AM
I don't want Toon or Young because there is no need for 2 Links. One Link represents the series enough. Thats like wanting 2 Marios (Which they got rid of). And as for adding another Zelda character that isn't Link I don't see the point. Its not about having more space for another character from another franchise but because Link, Zelda, and Ganandorf are always relevant to the series.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#4KillerKremlingPosted 7/7/2013 12:06:18 AM
Sooo...what about Impa, a character who has both relevance from her recent role in Skyward Sword and a long important history with the Zelda franchise. How does she not need to be added considering her importance to the series.

Hell even Tingle deserves a spot, sure not many people like him but atleast he;s been featured in quite a few games and would offer a unique and interesting moveset.
---
Ridley is Love, Ridley is Life
#5RanzEDGEPosted 7/7/2013 12:07:50 AM
Toon link is pretty disposable out of all the smasher's he is number one on the disposal list becaus of a plethora of things going against him no denying it even worse his priority overall was near last in brawl It may be even lower this time, things arent looking to good for him but atleast he isnt cut from development yet... (emphasis on yet)
---
VV-HAX! HOW DO YOU GET CONSTANT CRITS?!?!-VV
http://i.imgur.com/zw5Yg.gif
#6Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 12:08:58 AM
vital_tundra posted...
I don't want Toon or Young because there is no need for 2 Links. One Link represents the series enough. Thats like wanting 2 Marios (Which they got rid of). And as for adding another Zelda character that isn't Link I don't see the point. Its not about having more space for another character from another franchise but because Link, Zelda, and Ganandorf are always relevant to the series.

If that is the case, why do you think Sakurai has included 2 Link's 2 games in a row? Doctor Mario was cut because Doctor Mario is the same size and basically has very similar stats to Mario, and he actually looks exactly like Mario but wearing different clothes. He doesn't really add anything. Toon Link is technically a different guy, he is a different size, has vastly different stats, and appears in a different art style, with a different voice.
Link is one of the most popular characters in Smash, and if any character deserves to have 2 forms of himself represented, it is Link, who constantly appears in different incarnations in different aesthetic styles.

But be honest. The real reason you want Toon Link, who has been a main for people two games in a row, is to make room for _______.
#7Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 12:10:25 AM
RanzEDGE posted...
Toon link is pretty disposable out of all the smasher's he is number one on the disposal list becaus of a plethora of things going against him no denying it even worse his priority overall was near last in brawl It may be even lower this time, things arent looking to good for him but atleast he isnt cut from development yet... (emphasis on yet)

But why get rid of him? What do you gain from that? Also, Jigglypuff was just as low priority.
#8SohashiPosted 7/7/2013 12:12:12 AM
He was my main and WW was my favorite Zelda game, but he is a "clone" for the most part when we look at his moveset. Sure, there are differences in speed/power/weight etc. but that's it (and visual and hitbox)

I would love if he came back, but I'd really wish they'd de-clone him. If not, I'd probably like a new, non clone, original (in terms of playstyle/moveset) character. Either way I guess I'd be okay though.
---
I once ate a dark steam bun...
#9EvosthunderMkIIPosted 7/7/2013 12:13:33 AM
That character most likely being Ghirahim.
---
-New and improved, baby.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer.
#10vital_tundraPosted 7/7/2013 12:15:20 AM(edited)
No I don't want Toon Link because he isn't needed, no matter how "different" he is from Link. There may be many different incarnations of Link but its still Link. By that logic lets have ALttP Link as well, he is different than normal Link after all... He is still Link. Just because a character is in or out doesn't change the chances of another. There are no reserved slots. There are however many slots Sakurai wants. Yeh his inclusion doesn't make a difference, but there is no real reason to keep him. Again, why 2 Links?
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)