This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alph for smash bros along with olimar?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Alph for smash bros along with olimar?
2 years ago#1
Or would 2 pikmin reps outrage you? Alph has access to rock and flying pikmin, and they could change all his attacks to make him unique despite the similar look to Olimar.
---
Visit my youtube page for game and anime vlogs, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
2 years ago#2
I don't think outrage is the correct word; more like confuse. They don't play any differently. Pikmin only needs one rep.
2 years ago#3
Outrage is what I feel about Olimar not being in 3.

This however... would yeah, just confuse me.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
http://imgur.com/EwB7gKS
2 years ago#4
I could see a new captain working well; Olimar uses Whites and Purples, the new one uses Rocks, Flying, and Bulbmin. Honestly, though, Alph's eyes weird me out, so I'd rather see Brittany or Charlie, but I realize that if Pikmin gets another rep, there's no way it'll not be Alph.
---
Official King of All Cosmos of the Playstation All-Stars board
2 years ago#5
Ultim87 posted...
I could see a new captain working well; Olimar uses Whites and Purples, the new one uses Rocks, Flying, and Bulbmin. Honestly, though, Alph's eyes weird me out, so I'd rather see Brittany or Charlie, but I realize that if Pikmin gets another rep, there's no way it'll not be Alph.

Haha glad I'm not the only one creeped out by his eyes.
---
Visit my youtube page for game and anime vlogs, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
2 years ago#6
Along with? No way, they'd be way too similar.

Replace? Ehhh, I wouldn't be too butthurt. They'd play similarly, atleast. I'd prefer Olimar stay though. Just add the new 'Mins to him.

Rock Pikmin; Pikmin Throw slams like Purples, doesn't attach, doesn't do as much damage, but flies farther. Pikmin Chain falls towards the ground, makes for a long range meteor smash, but pretty much guarantees death in recovery.

Winged Pikmin; Pikmin Throw attaches with limited homing, but is weaker then most. Pikmin Chain hovers upward briefly, allowing good recovery, but easily interruptable.

There ya go, Sakurai-sama, I did the work for ya, don't even need credit for it.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
2 years ago#7
Considering at worst he winds up the Luigi of Olimar, and I love the "Luigi" of each character more than the original (at least can't think of an example off the top of my head where that doesn't apply), I'd be happy. If he winds up original I'd be really happy. I do think though that he should have the three default Pikmin types along with Rock/Pink, only two (three if Bulbmin, but have ideas for them) Pikmin is too little for moveset diversity. I think his Final Smash could be the Bulbmin though, since it'd basically let him take the best from all worlds (though would likely be some tradeoffs where this or that winds up being picked if they're close), replacing his existing Pikmin with Bulbmin. Alternatively while in the super mode perhaps he can just pluck Bulbmin, but letting him have them outside of the mode might be too powerful.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
2 years ago#8
Olimar is still in Pikmin 3's multiplayer so I see no reason why they couldn't just give Olimar Rock and Winged Pikmin.
---
The official District Attorney of the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U board
Praise the lord, our one true Waaaa!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. Alph for smash bros along with olimar?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived