What did people genuinely like about Brawl?

#1QuantumWolfPosted 7/10/2013 8:00:17 AM
I fondly recall the days of Brawl's announcement and the leadup to release. Days of the Smash Dojo, the Internet exploding when Sonic was revealed, fanboy squees when we see new Assist Trophies, etc...

Since then, Brawl has gotten crapped on for a variety of reasons, and is regarded by many to be the worst Smash Bros game. But what do people genuinely like about Brawl? When looking past many of Brawl's flaws, what are those shining gems that many find in this game?
---
3DS FC: 2878-9920-4061
#2Dark_Link92Posted 7/10/2013 8:01:57 AM
Nice graphics for the Wii
Camera control and screenshots at any time
Fewer clones
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#3MasterSword546Posted 7/10/2013 8:02:16 AM
People liked Brawl?
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pc2f7m0W1rzv84ho2_500.gif
#4matthewthemanPosted 7/10/2013 8:03:51 AM
Actually, Brawl is genuinely the most liked. It's haters are really just a vocal minority.

Anyway: moar characters, final smashes, assist trophies, moar stages, story mode, etc.
---
Official Dunsparce of every message board
3DS FC: 0087-3597-0870
#5PlasmaCannonPosted 7/10/2013 8:06:02 AM(edited)
Mario Bros, 75m, and Norfair
Improved Coin mode
My Music
The countless number of mods it has.

Edit: Fixed typos...
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#6nucacola11Posted 7/10/2013 8:05:51 AM
I prefer Brawl over the other two. I felt like luck played a huge role in the game, as in item drops and other things, and I love the randomness of it
#7aliashubbatchPosted 7/10/2013 8:42:35 AM
I liked...

having more types of Bombs to throw for Bomb KO fests (now if it had Melee's item drop rate, it would have been nirvana).

Diddy Kong in the roster.

having my prayers answerd by finally having a legit Mario vs. Sonic match.

Final Smashes.

Alot of good sound tracks to listen to.

Stage Builder.

having a bigger roster because it meant more snapshots (and damn, I haz some good snapshots).
---
3DS FC: 1633-5186-2026
#8aliashubbatchPosted 7/10/2013 9:05:59 AM
Now while I did like Brawl, it was not without problems. I did not like...

Tripping, nuff said on that.

The Pokeball Pokemon. In Melee you generally ran from teh Pokemon because they could totally screw you up. Brawl... not so much.

A number of characters whose appearance in the SSE either had no purpose being there (Ice Climbers), was not explained (How did Samus lose her suit to begin with?), or were just bull**** all over its face (Halberd beats Great Fox? D3 and Kirby revive just about everyone? Way to not show favoritism, Sakurai.)

Stage Builder; yes I said I like it, but some the limitations can just be annoying when you want to make a good stage.

The Stages. I can't describe it (or maybe I could on another post), but the stages weren't as fun as Melee's.

Everyone sharing the same Break the Targets Stages.

The physics. The Melee fanboys are right on this. If I were to run, it'd make sense that I can jump further, like in a Mario game. Brawl feels more like a Kirby game, where I always jump the same hieght/distance reguardless of my speed* (Sonic's Spin Charge is the exception.)
---
3DS FC: 1633-5186-2026
#9ecylisPosted 7/10/2013 9:09:16 AM
More characters
---
3DS Friend Code: 3582-9158-2225
HOW TO MAKE RIDLEY PLAYABLE IN SMASH BROS: http://i.imgur.com/73fVB5o.gif
#10BloodPumpPosted 7/10/2013 9:15:45 AM
Brawl's my favorite out of the three tbh. I guess there's the diversity factor, but besides that I like the fact that its not expected of you to learn how to ****ing WAVEDASH for the whole damn match. Its a skill that I'm happy to forget and, quite frankly, think it took something away from the fun factor because of how serious Melee had to be played by the more competitive fans (80% of my friends that played Melee fell into this category).

I ****ing hate the wavedash, and I don't care what anyone has to say. You like it? Fine, but I do not.
---
*In Memory of Chip & Jack*
Not Changing This Sig Until Kharma wins the World Heavyweight Championship ~ 4/24/12