This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: Ryu is in the game and....

#11XxHAVIC101xXPosted 7/10/2013 8:52:36 PM
Arcasaurus posted...
dude those inputs are crazy no one would ever be able to use his moves!!!

XxHAVIC101xX posted...
Mario's Fireball, Super Jump Punch, Mario Tornado, and Mario Finale make him enough of a shoto clone.

Fix'd.

Nope. Missing a horizontal movement attack. Gotta have that Hurricane Kick.
---
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3733/drawh.png
#12ArcasaurusPosted 7/10/2013 8:58:08 PM
XxHAVIC101xX posted...

The Down-B version from 64 and Melee let you move horizontally on the ground. Also, Luigi.
#13_ZXY_Posted 7/10/2013 8:59:48 PM(edited)
XxHAVIC101xX posted...
Arcasaurus posted...
dude those inputs are crazy no one would ever be able to use his moves!!!

XxHAVIC101xX posted...
Mario's Fireball, Super Jump Punch, Mario Tornado, and Mario Finale make him enough of a shoto clone.

Fix'd.

Luigi is for sure a shoto clone though.
Heck even his fireballs go straight like a wavefist.
Got that Ken Shoryu too.
#14MegaMettaurPosted 7/10/2013 9:24:55 PM
Those of you who don't know what an SRK or DPM motion is, it's Forward, Down, Downforward. Usually maked as a "z" on joystick controls.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#15hyperskate65Posted 7/10/2013 10:32:21 PM
I suddenly win every round of Smash, ever. Awesome.
---
his comparison suggests we're closet african americans.
PSN BlahblahUnicornx 3rd General UMvC3 Heroes
#16ChaosCreativityPosted 7/10/2013 10:37:00 PM
But smash doesn't go with those inputs.
#17Torgo_Posted 7/10/2013 11:27:08 PM
I would wish they put in one of the more interesting characters from Street Fighter, and by that I mean ANYBODY ELSE it's like the problem with Little Mac, he is pretty boring compared to nearly all the other characters from his respective series.
---
There is no way out of here... it'll be dark soon... there is no way out of here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0s9OC6rzAA
#18Someguy_13Posted 7/10/2013 11:30:21 PM
hyperskate65 posted...

Not with Ryu you don't.

You can have the best execution in the world but that doesn't change the fact that playing a character who has to do actual inputs puts you at a disadvantage when playing against characters who can just hit a button and a direction.

If nothing else, they save a bit of time on every input vs every one of your inputs.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#19MegaMettaurPosted 7/10/2013 11:32:16 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
hyperskate65 posted...

Not with Ryu you don't.

You can have the best execution in the world but that doesn't change the fact that playing a character who has to do actual inputs puts you at a disadvantage when playing against characters who can just hit a button and a direction.

If nothing else, they save a bit of time on every input vs every one of your inputs.

Lol. those motions are second nature to me. But it sucks for everyone else who can't execute something like that easily.
---
3DS XL: AC:NL, KH:DDD;; FC: 0834-1402-9867
(PC):Phantasy Star Online 2; Synthetica;;Ship 2
#20Someguy_13Posted 7/10/2013 11:35:44 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
hyperskate65 posted...

Not with Ryu you don't.

Lol. those motions are second nature to me. But it sucks for everyone else who can't execute something like that easily.

They're second nature to everyone who's ever put any time into a fighting game (myself included).

That doesn't change the fact that moving a control stick to hit 3 directions and then hitting a button is still slower than moving a control stick in one direction and hitting a button at the same time.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010