My, honest to God, roster

#21Rishah0078Posted 7/10/2013 9:29:10 PM
My primary concern is that you forgot Megaman.
#22Watzup7856Posted 7/10/2013 9:34:53 PM
hhjghbhghnmh posted...
Claus, Lucas, AND Ness? Mother isn't unpopular by any means, but it's not three characters kinda popular either. They've made all of three games over the course of like twenty five years.

And if anyone I think they'd go with someone like Poo or...one from Mother 1, not someone who's literally a Lucas recolor. I'm not saying it's impossible per se, but I don't see it being likely.

the games have been made over 17 years not 25, also he's probably talking about the Masked Man version of Claus, who has a lot of potential for a different moveset

also why is everyone so bothered at which series has too many reps, id worry more about uniqueness than how many reps a series has
---
Ninten, Masked Man, Prince Sable,and Sukapon for SSB4!!!!!!!!!!!! Megaman confirmed for SSB4!!!!!!!!!!!!
3DS friend code: 3523-2217-5362
#23gangsta_livinPosted 7/10/2013 9:41:03 PM
i like the list, especially wonderful red, i just wish you replaced R.O.B with someone.
#24hhjghbhghnmhPosted 7/10/2013 10:41:37 PM
Watzup7856 posted...
hhjghbhghnmh posted...
Claus, Lucas, AND Ness? Mother isn't unpopular by any means, but it's not three characters kinda popular either. They've made all of three games over the course of like twenty five years.

And if anyone I think they'd go with someone like Poo or...one from Mother 1, not someone who's literally a Lucas recolor. I'm not saying it's impossible per se, but I don't see it being likely.

the games have been made over 17 years not 25, also he's probably talking about the Masked Man version of Claus, who has a lot of potential for a different moveset

also why is everyone so bothered at which series has too many reps, id worry more about uniqueness than how many reps a series has

I like to think the word "like" implies a pretty big margin of error.

But the problem is that Claus, unless it's this masked Claus maybe, isn't nearly unique enough to warrant a spot if Lucas is already there just visually. They could make him different, sure, but...they're literally recolors. That's like including Green Koopa and Red Koopa. Besides, any other Mother character would have more potential to be unique. I'd much rather have Poo or Paula.

I'm all for a diverse roster, and I don't care that much how much representation each series gets, but it still matters to some extent. If they were going solely by how unique the characters were and weren't paying any attention to representation, like half the roster would be Pokemon. People like to be able to know who they're playing as, if they take too much from one game or use too many really obscure ones, lots of people will be left out of that. It's all a matter of balance.
---
Barrel!
#25SushiCake3644Posted 7/13/2013 8:25:31 PM
Imo, needs more Toad.