Am I the Only One Who Wants Everyone Unlocked From the Start?

#1Neoxon215Posted 7/12/2013 9:56:26 AM
Most fighting games have recently phased out unlockable characters (or in SF4 & MvC3's case, removed unlockable characters in later versions of the game). It has become a nuance for both tournament play & casual play. I think it's time Smash made tournament & casual play easier & unlock everyone from the start.

That's not to say there can't be any unlockable anything, just not characters.
---
Main UMvC3 Team: Zero/Wright/Nova, Nova/Wright/Strange
PSN: NM248
#2Terraforce777Posted 7/12/2013 9:58:47 AM
Yes, you are.
---
---
People these days...
#3KingTumbleweedPosted 7/12/2013 9:59:11 AM
I think there should be some sort of compromise. Like a cheat menu or something. Using the cheat menu doesn't give you any bonus, trophy or achievement but unlocks the character. To get the achievements, you have to turn off the character in the cheat menu and unlock them the normal way. Sound good?
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#4GreatJallopiPosted 7/12/2013 9:59:20 AM
Nothing feels as rewarding as unlocking characters. I think game developers have lost sight of that.
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
#5DaisyfanboyPosted 7/12/2013 10:02:28 AM
Unlocking characters in video games is one of my favorite things to do. I'd be extremely upset if they took that away from me.
---
So I'm still waiting for Daisy to reappear in something that's not a spinoff.
I'll probably end up dying first or something but optimism is fun.
#6TheMasterTurtlePosted 7/12/2013 10:03:22 AM
If they take away unlockable characters I'm gonna take away Sakurai's face.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#7The_Nega_ShadowPosted 7/12/2013 10:18:44 AM
I want most Brawl veterans to be available from the start(everyone except Mr G&W, ROB and any returning third parties and clones) but if they just made everyone available from the start, it would take away half of the game's fun.
---
The official District Attorney of the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U board
Praise the lord, our one true Waaaa!
#8Gazza_XPosted 7/12/2013 10:18:47 AM
I kind of agree with you. With a game like Smash Bros which is designed to be primarily played in multiplayer it seems a bit weird to have so many characters locked when you start the game. I think it makes more sense to have most(if not all) of the characters and stages unlocked from the beginning with trophies, stickers and other bonuses as unlockable content.
#9Faceman_Posted 7/12/2013 11:42:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10SilentSephPosted 7/12/2013 11:46:00 AM
I like unlocking things. It feels rewarding. Nothing beats the thrill of the "Challenger Approaching!" screen.