This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the Only One Who Wants Everyone Unlocked From the Start?

#11TheBPB11Posted 7/12/2013 10:46:23 AM
Terraforce777 posted...
Yes, you are.
---

I've been playing Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, & every time I unlock a new character it feels so great.
---
Xbox Live & PSN: TheBPB11
#12KingTumbleweedPosted 7/12/2013 10:46:55 AM
Faceman_ posted...
See, the thing is, nobody cares about tournament or competitive play. Unlocking is half the fun of games. (Well it used to be, before unlocking stuff became paying for dlc) You and that little minority of nerds are the last people in the world that SSB caters to. Let's keep it that way.

OK, go bring your game around your friend's house with your main as an unlockable. Not very fun.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#13MetalKirbyPlushPosted 7/12/2013 10:56:31 AM
Rewards are fun, but characters are such a huge component of the gameplay and having everyone unlocked (or an option to do so) from the get go is beneficial for far more than just tournament play.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#14MustavusPosted 7/12/2013 11:00:47 AM
Unlocking things is fun. Buying a new game to find half the actual gameplay hidden away is not.

My friends and I had a little party when Melee came out, but since part of the reason we were so excited was the new characters, we ended up spending half the time trying to unlock them, which was an entirely single player experience. While we didn't have the same party with Brawl, SSE wouldn't have been a huge improvement.

There needs to be a way to unlock characters that allows 4-player goodness, and takes less than 100 hours of play (or whatever crazy amount Sonic takes outside of SSE). Otherwise I don't want anything more extreme than maybe stages as unlockables.
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#15XendylPosted 7/12/2013 11:02:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#16XendylPosted 7/12/2013 11:05:40 AM(edited)
KingTumbleweed posted...
OK, go bring your game around your friend's house with your main as an unlockable. Not very fun.

SD cards
USBs
Memory Cards
Cloud
---
Let's Play: Tales of Xillia 2
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88265
#17JohnbobbPosted 7/12/2013 11:08:24 AM
I liked how it was in Brawl, giving an easy way to get characters (by playing the story) and a harder, more classic way (such as playing 300 brawls).

However, I agree that there should be some way to unlock characters for those who can't beat the story or do the challenges (such as young children). One of the things that annoyed me about Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was how ridiculously hard it was to unlock some of the characters, to the point that I never actually unlocked the last 2.
---
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ -- FilmAf: Johnbobb
villarosereviews.wordpress.com
#18Holy_OblivionPosted 7/12/2013 11:08:32 AM
Xendyl posted...
KingTumbleweed posted...

SD cards
USBs
Memory Cards
Cloud

---
Visit my youtube page for game and anime vlogs, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#19SideShowBattPosted 7/12/2013 11:12:31 AM
No! Why in the world would you want everything unlocked from the start? This is why I don't care for achievements they're completely empty bragging rights with no physical reward. I want something the enhances the game from beginning to the end. I want to feel rewarded for my efforts in getting a character, stage, music, etc. That's what I hated about Playstation All-Stars and MvC 3; there was nothing to work towards. I loved how in MvC 2 on the Dreamcast I had to unlock a lot of characters it made it rewarding and I learned about the games mechanics through multiple playthroughs because I wanted to earn all the unlockables.
---
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#20SearchBomberPosted 7/12/2013 11:15:19 AM
The ideal solution would be a cheat code that unlocks all of the characters and stages. Barring that, I'd prefer having everything available from the start.
---
Play Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary.
It's a good game.