This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the Only One Who Wants Everyone Unlocked From the Start?

#101EvosthunderMkIIPosted 7/13/2013 9:44:44 AM
Yes, because then you'd be taking away the soul of Smash.

Or so I've heard.
---
-New and improved, baby.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer.
#102smashman92Posted 7/13/2013 9:45:04 AM
Daisyfanboy posted...
Unlocking characters in video games is one of my favorite things to do. I'd be extremely upset if they took that away from me.

---
Charizard for SSBU
#103SearchBomberPosted 7/13/2013 9:54:43 AM(edited)
earthbound197 posted...
Wow. You guys are priceless. Half of the game is unlocking characters? Pffft! It doesn't even take that long if you are good at the game and know what o do! If anything, you all want a game thats nerfed beyond lame. What happens if you have all the characters and nothing to do? You choose your favorite and the other 30+ sit there and collect dust. To unlock you have to use people to get people!

And what's the problem with that? I have to play every single character to fully appreciate the game?

Any scenario that forces me to use the likes of Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Jigglypuff, etc. is a bad one in my eyes. Sorry.

SideShowBatt posted...
I'm starting to see why Sakurai wants the game to not be competitive, if no one puts any time into a game he's wasted hundreds if not more of hours into development because some people can't play for a simple twenty hours, because we haven't already put hundreds of hours in Melee or Brawl over the years after release.

ITP: Anyone who doesn't like unlocks is a competitive elitist.
---
Play Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary.
It's a good game.
#104CopShow GuyPosted 7/13/2013 9:54:27 AM
Electric_Sonic posted...
No.

Unlockable characters are downright pointless in this day and age, where you find out secret content in games well before you're ever able to obtain the game thanks to the Internet...etc

A friend of mine has that same mentality and it makes too much sense to me.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#105shdwdrgnixPosted 7/13/2013 10:24:48 AM
well I did hate having to play the story mode in brawl just to unlock Marth since I wasn't aware how to do it the other way
#106MaxCHEATER64Posted 7/13/2013 10:40:53 AM
Daisyfanboy posted...
Unlocking characters in video games is one of my favorite things to do. I'd be extremely upset if they took that away from me.

---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
#107smashman92Posted 7/13/2013 10:47:20 AM
CopShow Guy posted...
Electric_Sonic posted...
No.

Unlockable characters are downright pointless in this day and age, where you find out secret content in games well before you're ever able to obtain the game thanks to the Internet...etc

A friend of mine has that same mentality and it makes too much sense to me.

That might be true for those on this board, but a 10 year old kid who doesn't know you can find this info on the internet gets the game and suddenly sees a "Challenger Approaching" would love it.

You should also know by now which places on the internet will end up spoiling a game for you. You can avoid it. I just choose not to avoid it most of the time
---
Charizard for SSBU
#108AphophPosted 7/13/2013 10:58:45 AM
I don't want any unlockables unless I get the option to skip all that.

And I don't even play competitively.
#109LordMarvXIIIPosted 7/13/2013 11:02:00 AM
I think it's more rewarding and pleasant to play a game, and unlocking ''THAT'' secret character where you go crazy because you can't believe they put him in the game.
---
Official Order-Sol of the Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- board
#110SmallerRidleyPosted 7/13/2013 11:08:40 AM
For the basic multiplayer mode, they should be available out of the box. Unlockables should be bonuses, not basic functionality necessary for enjoyment for players that can't devote 20 hours to the game on a whim.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods