Juno
Vella
Joanna Dark

All suitable smash candidates
---
BlitzPanther died with the PS2
PSN: BLITZPANTHERII
#2SalsaSavantPosted 7/13/2013 9:04:38 PM
Because most of Rare's talent left, the IPs it had weren't SUPER big sellers, and they needed some extra cash.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#3BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:09:13 PM(edited)
SalsaSavant posted...
Because most of Rare's talent left, the IPs it had weren't SUPER big sellers, and they needed some extra cash.

After nuts and bolts I fear how terrible a jetforce sequel would be. I blame microsoft.
---
#4ProfessorFayPosted 7/13/2013 9:08:30 PM
Nintendo didn't let them go, Rare was just foolish enough to get bought buy Microsoft.

... Wait, someone correct me here, is King K. Rool is owned by Microsoft now?
---
PSN - jhirvyn
Farewell Faywell.
#5Chaos-15Posted 7/13/2013 9:10:52 PM
This video kinda explains it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm7KHU3hx64
#6iKhanicPosted 7/13/2013 9:11:36 PM
Nintendo didn't own rare. They only owned a 49% share of the company.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#7SalsaSavantPosted 7/13/2013 9:13:57 PM
ProfessorFay posted...
Nintendo didn't let them go, Rare was just foolish enough to get bought buy Microsoft.

... Wait, someone correct me here, is King K. Rool is owned by Microsoft now?

No, Nintendo maintained the rights to the DKC series. They've used K. Rool since then.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound is coming to the US.
#8BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:24:57 PM
Chaos-15 posted...
This video kinda explains it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm7KHU3hx64

Ok?
---
#9KillerKremlingPosted 7/13/2013 9:34:33 PM
I know it sucks, but Nintendo didn't sell them or anything lol, they decided to leave. But I do have to admit I really like Nuts and Bolts and don't think it's nearly as bad as you all make it out to be, just sayin.
---
Ridley is Love, Ridley is Life
#10BlitzPanther(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:41:21 PM
KillerKremling posted...
I know it sucks, but Nintendo didn't sell them or anything lol, they decided to leave. But I do have to admit I really like Nuts and Bolts and don't think it's nearly as bad as you all make it out to be, just sayin.

It wasn't terrible but it can't hold a candle to Kazooie or Tooie. And I fear with microsoft influence jetforce would probably become nearly unrecognizable. I see more of a masseffect atmosphere. I like masseffect, but it and jetforce are two entirely different things.
---