This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hey. I'll do a roster.

#21Soanevalcke6Posted 7/15/2013 1:50:32 PM
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10
---
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#22Austin_4ePosted 7/15/2013 1:51:34 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

You do realize that's how it was in the game. You can't really change that after it was confirmed.
---
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif |http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN / WiiU / Steam: Austin_4e ]]
#23SuperUsername64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 1:59:06 PM(edited)
Just wondering... are roster topics usually this divided over one or two characters? I'm getting grilled here. O_o

smashman92 posted...
And what happened to Ike?

I wanted to keep him, but I didn't want to go past 45, which is a realistic size. Nintendo could still do what they did in Brawl and replace the second FE rep.

Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

...I'm not even going to touch this with a ten-foot pole. Just, no.
#24AbugumgumPosted 7/15/2013 2:03:48 PM(edited)
SuperUsername64 posted...
@Abu and smashman

What would you suggest as a fourth Zelda rep that isn't another Link, then?

Also, Saki was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and his game, Sin and Punishment, received a Wii sequel (Star Successor) in 2010. Plus, the games are badass, so I think he'd be cool as a playable addition.

My suggestion is actually to keep Toon Link. The biggest misconception on this board is that toon Link needs cut. It was a popular opinion before Brawl and it is a popular opinion now. I genuinely think that a kid Link is more deserving and more beneficial to the roster than any other Zelda character. But if you must cut Toon Link, then I would say to remove Sheik as Zelda's transformation and give her moveset to Impa as a separate character. Impa is a good idea, but only if she replaces Sheik.
#25smashman92Posted 7/15/2013 2:05:21 PM
SuperUsername64 posted...
@Abu and smashman

What would you suggest as a fourth Zelda rep that isn't another Link, then?

Also, Saki was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and his game, Sin and Punishment, received a Wii sequel (Star Successor) in 2010. Plus, the games are badass, so I think he'd be cool as a playable addition.

I suggested Impa in the original post. Impa has been a recurring character in Zelda who actually has good SSB potential. I don't think tingle would be a good SSB character.
---
Charizard for SSBU
#26SuperUsername64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 2:20:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zAPEzXX.png

Okay. I replaced Ghirahim with Impa and cut Shiek as Zelda's transformation. I also organized the third-party characters a little better.

However, everything else I feel is fine the way it is. I'm content at this point, but opinions are still welcome.
#27Soanevalcke6Posted 7/15/2013 2:21:29 PM
Austin_4e posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

You do realize that's how it was in the game. You can't really change that after it was confirmed.

I know, that doesn't keep it from being awful. I was under the impression that that would be a roster for a sequel, considering there are characters in that roster that aren't in PSASBR.
---
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#28_Sanaki_Posted 7/15/2013 2:23:32 PM
Let's see... overall it's good, if a couple of disappointments here and there.

1. Dixie: Good overall, but I think K. Rool is roughly equal in terms of viability, and I tend to include him as he seems to be the more popular of the two. Both are kind of a moot subject though, but wanting to comment on the changes all in all.

2. Chibi-Robo: I honestly am not a huge fan of his inclusion. I don't have any particular objections, but he feels like at best he's in a position similar to the Villager was in the last game. That and there are just a lot of other characters I'd like to see over him.

3. Ghirahim: Not really a strong choice. He doesn't offer much overall to Zelda, and is pretty minor overall. Toon Link could stay, or another choice could be made, though I think each series could cap at five.

4. Mewtwo: New form or not, his inclusion makes sense. Though I think they'd go with the original form, just seems a lot more likely overall.

5. Chrom: The most likely new Fire Emblem addition. Really all I have to say.

6. Shulk: An immensely popular character who has a lot going for him. Personally I support his inclusion.

7. Saki: Someone I can't honestly see being in this game, if just because Isaac is kind of similar in terms of a recent game coming out and all of that, but Isaac is a lot more popular, if nothing else. But then again I just really want to see Isaac.

8. Palutena: I'll be surprised if she isn't in. She has a lot going for her, including popularity and a strong moveset.

9. Takamaru: Seems like the likely retro choice, ala Ice Climbers/Pit (originally).

10. Little Mac: Immensely likely, though I'm not really a fan of his inclusion.

11. Pac-Man: And... the likely Namco choice, just again not someone I really want to see.

I don't think Ike needs to be cut, or Lucario, or Toon Link. Snake I'm iffy on, but I think Konami could get a representative, Snake or otherwise. I also think Ridley/Isaac not being on there either unlikely or disappointing.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
#29AbugumgumPosted 7/15/2013 2:24:06 PM
Exponentially better. Still would prefer Toon Link, but I'm not gonna debate that one.
7/10
#30SuperUsername64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 2:31:16 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Austin_4e posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

I know, that doesn't keep it from being awful. I was under the impression that that would be a roster for a sequel, considering there are characters in that roster that aren't in PSASBR.

The funny thing is that I actually was going to put original Dante, but, knowing them, they'd likely try to put DmC Dante in again.

However, calling him "Donte" is immature and I find it amusing that him alone would bring down an entire roster to some people. I'll just never understand it.