This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What the hey. I'll do a roster.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. What the hey. I'll do a roster.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
3 years ago#21
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6

User Info: Austin_4e

Austin_4e
3 years ago#22
Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

You do realize that's how it was in the game. You can't really change that after it was confirmed.
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif |http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN / WiiU / Steam: Austin_4e ]]

User Info: SuperUsername64

SuperUsername64
3 years ago#23
Just wondering... are roster topics usually this divided over one or two characters? I'm getting grilled here. O_o

smashman92 posted...
And what happened to Ike?

I wanted to keep him, but I didn't want to go past 45, which is a realistic size. Nintendo could still do what they did in Brawl and replace the second FE rep.

Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

...I'm not even going to touch this with a ten-foot pole. Just, no.

User Info: Abugumgum

Abugumgum
3 years ago#24
SuperUsername64 posted...
@Abu and smashman

What would you suggest as a fourth Zelda rep that isn't another Link, then?

Also, Saki was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and his game, Sin and Punishment, received a Wii sequel (Star Successor) in 2010. Plus, the games are badass, so I think he'd be cool as a playable addition.

My suggestion is actually to keep Toon Link. The biggest misconception on this board is that toon Link needs cut. It was a popular opinion before Brawl and it is a popular opinion now. I genuinely think that a kid Link is more deserving and more beneficial to the roster than any other Zelda character. But if you must cut Toon Link, then I would say to remove Sheik as Zelda's transformation and give her moveset to Impa as a separate character. Impa is a good idea, but only if she replaces Sheik.

User Info: smashman92

smashman92
3 years ago#25
SuperUsername64 posted...
@Abu and smashman

What would you suggest as a fourth Zelda rep that isn't another Link, then?

Also, Saki was an Assist Trophy in Brawl and his game, Sin and Punishment, received a Wii sequel (Star Successor) in 2010. Plus, the games are badass, so I think he'd be cool as a playable addition.

I suggested Impa in the original post. Impa has been a recurring character in Zelda who actually has good SSB potential. I don't think tingle would be a good SSB character.
Charizard for SSBU

SuperUsername64
3 years ago#26
http://i.imgur.com/zAPEzXX.png

Okay. I replaced Ghirahim with Impa and cut Shiek as Zelda's transformation. I also organized the third-party characters a little better.

However, everything else I feel is fine the way it is. I'm content at this point, but opinions are still welcome.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

Soanevalcke6
3 years ago#27
Austin_4e posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

You do realize that's how it was in the game. You can't really change that after it was confirmed.

I know, that doesn't keep it from being awful. I was under the impression that that would be a roster for a sequel, considering there are characters in that roster that aren't in PSASBR.
Prime Corruption humanizes aliens better than Other M humanizes humans.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
3 years ago#28
Let's see... overall it's good, if a couple of disappointments here and there.

1. Dixie: Good overall, but I think K. Rool is roughly equal in terms of viability, and I tend to include him as he seems to be the more popular of the two. Both are kind of a moot subject though, but wanting to comment on the changes all in all.

2. Chibi-Robo: I honestly am not a huge fan of his inclusion. I don't have any particular objections, but he feels like at best he's in a position similar to the Villager was in the last game. That and there are just a lot of other characters I'd like to see over him.

3. Ghirahim: Not really a strong choice. He doesn't offer much overall to Zelda, and is pretty minor overall. Toon Link could stay, or another choice could be made, though I think each series could cap at five.

4. Mewtwo: New form or not, his inclusion makes sense. Though I think they'd go with the original form, just seems a lot more likely overall.

5. Chrom: The most likely new Fire Emblem addition. Really all I have to say.

6. Shulk: An immensely popular character who has a lot going for him. Personally I support his inclusion.

7. Saki: Someone I can't honestly see being in this game, if just because Isaac is kind of similar in terms of a recent game coming out and all of that, but Isaac is a lot more popular, if nothing else. But then again I just really want to see Isaac.

8. Palutena: I'll be surprised if she isn't in. She has a lot going for her, including popularity and a strong moveset.

9. Takamaru: Seems like the likely retro choice, ala Ice Climbers/Pit (originally).

10. Little Mac: Immensely likely, though I'm not really a fan of his inclusion.

11. Pac-Man: And... the likely Namco choice, just again not someone I really want to see.

I don't think Ike needs to be cut, or Lucario, or Toon Link. Snake I'm iffy on, but I think Konami could get a representative, Snake or otherwise. I also think Ridley/Isaac not being on there either unlikely or disappointing.
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.

User Info: Abugumgum

Abugumgum
3 years ago#29
Exponentially better. Still would prefer Toon Link, but I'm not gonna debate that one.
7/10

SuperUsername64
3 years ago#30
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Austin_4e posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
>Donte on All-Stars
>Not Dante

1/10

I know, that doesn't keep it from being awful. I was under the impression that that would be a roster for a sequel, considering there are characters in that roster that aren't in PSASBR.

The funny thing is that I actually was going to put original Dante, but, knowing them, they'd likely try to put DmC Dante in again.

However, calling him "Donte" is immature and I find it amusing that him alone would bring down an entire roster to some people. I'll just never understand it.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
  3. What the hey. I'll do a roster.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived