This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fire Emblem sure gets debated a lot here considering its the worst SSB franchise

#191PKMrevolutionPosted 7/17/2013 6:58:28 PM
IMO, the bad things about awakening were the horrible map design (mostly open areas, few choke points) posing a hindrance for the usefulness of the archers/snipers, gimmicky and overpowered classes such as bow knights and sorcerers respectively, skills and systems like pair-ups. I did not like the leveling system all that much either.

Besides, I did not even bother with lunatic+ mode since that is obviously not based on challenge but on luck plus frederick in the first few chapters and mu plus chrom grind party onwards. DLC and grinding eases the game a ton although you do not have to grind to beat the game in hard or lunatic, just be extra careful.

All that aside, I loved the skill and relationship system, those kids as well. Chrom might be lackluster being a straightforward archetype but as many stated before he is more of a sidekick than a protagonist anyways.
#192Rayquaza487Posted 7/17/2013 7:05:58 PM
PKMrevolution posted...
IMO, the bad things about awakening were the horrible map design (mostly open areas, few choke points) posing a hindrance for the usefulness of the archers/snipers, gimmicky and overpowered classes such as bow knights and sorcerers respectively, skills and systems like pair-ups. I did not like the leveling system all that much either.

Besides, I did not even bother with lunatic+ mode since that is obviously not based on challenge but on luck plus frederick in the first few chapters and mu plus chrom grind party onwards. DLC and grinding eases the game a ton although you do not have to grind to beat the game in hard or lunatic, just be extra careful.

All that aside, I loved the skill and relationship system, those kids as well. Chrom might be lackluster being a straightforward archetype but as many stated before he is more of a sidekick than a protagonist anyways.

Okay, I won't lie, I didn't like a lot of things either, in fact, I hate to admit it, but I... Gava away the game before I beat the last few chapters. It was fun and all, but like you said many factors were very lackluster in comparison to other top Strategy games, and even earlier FE games. Regardless, I don't think my opinion of the game should be reason enough to think Chrom doesn't belong in SSB4 at all. I encourage his appearance as he is widely popular, and one of the games most important characters.
---
---
Official Rayquaza of the Super Smash Bros. boards
#193PKMrevolutionPosted 7/17/2013 7:13:11 PM
Rayquaza487 posted...

Okay, I won't lie, I didn't like a lot of things either, in fact, I hate to admit it, but I... Gava away the game before I beat the last few chapters. It was fun and all, but like you said many factors were very lackluster in comparison to other top Strategy games, and even earlier FE games. Regardless, I don't think my opinion of the game should be reason enough to think Chrom doesn't belong in SSB4 at all. I encourage his appearance as he is widely popular, and one of the games most important characters.
---

Well, he is 100% more likely to appear than mu. That is for certain.

Awakening had to happen as a game; perhaps the developers got a better look at the spectrum since they had a lot more players this time around. I eagerly await the next big fe game because I have always enjoyed strategy games, from advance wars and final fantasy tactics (even the advance ones) to tactics ogre/ogre battles and the likes.

I guess it does not matter how dull chrom could have been in the game, he is the face of awakening and he will most likely show up in ssb4. I hope Lucina does show up too. heheh
#194Rayquaza487Posted 7/17/2013 7:17:17 PM
PKMrevolution posted...
Rayquaza487 posted...

---

Well, he is 100% more likely to appear than mu. That is for certain.

Awakening had to happen as a game; perhaps the developers got a better look at the spectrum since they had a lot more players this time around. I eagerly await the next big fe game because I have always enjoyed strategy games, from advance wars and final fantasy tactics (even the advance ones) to tactics ogre/ogre battles and the likes.

I guess it does not matter how dull chrom could have been in the game, he is the face of awakening and he will most likely show up in ssb4. I hope Lucina does show up too. heheh

Thank you. Fire Emblem Awakening is mediocre in my opinion, but the most logical choice as a new fire emblem rep would be someone from Awakening. It is highly acclaimed, has one of the largest fanbases, and was the last FE game released outside of Japan for a LONG time. No matter how "generic" Chrom is he is probably the best FE choice.
---
---
Official Rayquaza of the Super Smash Bros. boards
#195DTY3Posted 7/17/2013 7:26:11 PM
blueruler posted...
DTY3 posted...
Teh_Tiltyu posted...
i'm still surprised it took until post #169 for lolseti to be mentioned

Nice sigurd.

Call me biased, but FE4 is like the only game where I can tolerate absolute brokenness.

lolseti
lolBalmung
lolTyrfing.

Oh noez! One of my units died!
*pays 30000 Gold to revive him*

Oh well. At least you couldnt grind. Boss abusing doesnt count. Thats in every game.

I didn't bother reading anything in this lol topic except this last page, just a disclaimer.

Anywho, it annoys me when FE fans use the "grinding" argument to put down or praise titles. All games have grinding, and yes boss abuse counts. No title is more or less because of it though

If my reply does not reflect what you meant you can go ahead and discard what i said.

In the end, it doesnt really matter. Especially if the game breaks itself without you having to grind.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#196IzzythewinnerPosted 7/17/2013 7:55:51 PM
the worst is zelda. why would i wanna run around in tights with an annoying midget screaming in my ear all day???

fire emblem is the best because its the only franchise from nintendo that is actually challenging and requires a level of intelligence and premeditating strategy.
#197MKaykitkatsPosted 7/17/2013 7:57:46 PM
My biggest issue with Awakening was the story, and so the in game characters made weaker by having a horrible context to be in...

It was an alright game, certainly not the best as people claim it to be though!
---
Badger GET!!!
#198User728(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 8:00:23 PM
Holy crap this thread got a lot of responses. 200 and I completely forgot I made this until right now. Wow.
#199_BristowPosted 7/17/2013 8:11:17 PM
Mario is pretty bad.
#200User728(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 3:29:45 AM
Bump