Your favourite character reveal for any Smash Bros game.

#1Belmont_92Posted 7/18/2013 9:25:26 AM
Well seeing as the other topic is just an Owain topic, I'll actually raise the question.

Be it Melee, Brawl, or maybe Smash Bros Wii U/3DS; who was your favourite newcomer and why?

For me it was probably Mega Man's reveal, it wasn't as unexpected as say, Snake, but it personally meant a lot more to me than most of the other characters. With the crap that's happened to Mega Man in recent years, getting his chance to shine now is more than I could hope for.

A close second would have been when I found Ike's reveal the morning of.
---
The Official Astaroth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#2Hon_CaterpiePosted 7/18/2013 9:26:04 AM
Sonic's the name, speed's my game!
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Don't talk about the mayoral belly rubs... you'll cause a scandal! - silverdraconum
#3Chzrm3Posted 7/18/2013 9:28:08 AM
The one-two punch of Animal Crosser and Megaman honestly had my head spinning. I couldn't calm down, my brother and I were both so excited that we spent hours watching videos and talking about it. XD

Sonic was a close second - I called my best friend, who was in another state at the time, and woke him up at 4 am to show him. XD Then I went onto facebook and told anyone and everyone who I'd played Smash with that was still awake.

And Diddy's third. I was interning at a new company and hadn't yet started waiting up for announcements - Diddy's reveal is what made me start doing that. I didn't scream or freak out, but instead I covered my mouth with my hand and started softly crying. I was so happy, I had to go outside and call my brother (woke him up at like 8 am to tell him, LOL!)
---
If Smash 4 gets more DK reps, I'll achieve Nirvana and never want anything again.
Dixie, K. Rool, Funky, Lanky........... Mmmmmmm yeeaaaaaa!!!!
#4Fisk117Posted 7/18/2013 9:28:24 AM
Kept you waiting, huh?
#5terminacarnivalPosted 7/18/2013 9:29:24 AM
Megaman.
#6SuperUsername64Posted 7/18/2013 9:40:15 AM
Sanic for sure. Mega Man's was pretty awesome, but not the same level as Sonic's to me.
#7JacornonthecobPosted 7/18/2013 9:44:31 AM
Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, or WFT. The latter was so great because the combination of the WTF choice, the low key announcement, and the fact that it was just a day after the other reveals made it perfect. I honestly didn't think it was real when I first heard it.
#8FlyingPotatoePosted 7/18/2013 9:47:13 AM
Fisk117 posted...
Kept you waiting, huh?

---
Black 2 FC: 1249 7789 9146
#9Luigifan141Posted 7/18/2013 9:48:46 AM
Sonic made me really hyped for Brawl, so I gotta hand it to him. Close seconds are Mega Man, Wario, and King Dedede.

Jacornonthecob posted...
Pokemon Trainer, Olimar, or WFT. The latter was so great because the combination of the WTF choice, the low key announcement, and the fact that it was just a day after the other reveals made it perfect. I honestly didn't think it was real when I first heard it.

Wii Fit Trainer was revealed a few hours after the E3 Direct ended, so she was still revealed on the same day as the game was.
---
Official Mike Meekins of AA5 boards. Official Olimar of SSB Wii U Boards.
Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
#10Hon_CaterpiePosted 7/18/2013 9:56:54 AM
I'm going to add that, while the announcement for Snake didn't really impact me much at the time, it did get me to start playing the MGS games, which is now one of my favorite series and certainly my favorite in the stealth/3PS genre.
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Don't talk about the mayoral belly rubs... you'll cause a scandal! - silverdraconum