Has the "too big" crowed ever explained this picture away?

#1Scorpion122178Posted 7/19/2013 6:10:40 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111001185723/ssb/images/c/cd/RidleyMeleeCameo.png

I mean I know it shuts them the f*** up and they either leave or change the subject but has any of them ever tried to explain why Ridley can't be scaled down to Samus's height when they've done it once already in melee?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901192314/ssb/images/7/79/RidleyMeleeTrophy.png

here's Ridley's in game character model, make it a little bigger then bowsers and call it a day.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#2KingofAwesome69Posted 7/19/2013 6:12:54 AM
No, cognitive dissonance leads them to claim Ridley is only that size because he's far away in the picture, and that if you pause the clip at one precise frame, you'll see giant Ridley instead, despite the capsule he's carrying being at its normal size while he's 'far away.'
#3l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 7/19/2013 6:13:58 AM
Can you IMAGINE someone who's .00000001 inches bigger than Bowser getting a Super Mushroom? Your 3DS can't HANDLE it!
---
You think I'm stupid for liking Nintendo? You're the one who thinks that "just for little kids" starts with an E.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#4Belmont_92Posted 7/19/2013 6:15:39 AM
They usually just refer to his size in Brawl as "canon" since it's an actual appearance. Pretty ridiculous though, since the other topic about K. Rool exposed a lot of "X character is an exception" among the Ridley haters.
---
The Official Astaroth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#5ArcasaurusPosted 7/19/2013 6:16:47 AM
Ridley wasn't too big in Melee. However, he grew in Brawl, becoming too big to be playable. Unless this game takes place before Brawl, he'll still be too big.
#6Scorpion122178(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 6:19:22 AM
Belmont_92 posted...
They usually just refer to his size in Brawl as "canon" since it's an actual appearance. Pretty ridiculous though, since the other topic about K. Rool exposed a lot of "X character is an exception" among the Ridley haters.

I was going to comment in that topic but really everything that needed to be said has been said. K Rool is twice the size of DK who is the same size as Bowser in Smash. Now they could say oh like Olimar we can just scale K Rool and it'll look fine, we can't do it for Ridley with out it looking weird him standing next to Samus.

Yeah? And it'd look weird K. Rool towering over DK when he's twice the guys size. its a bunch of double standard nonsense and I want them both in.
---
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Skyrim, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#7Scorpion122178(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 6:20:13 AM
Arcasaurus posted...
Ridley wasn't too big in Melee. However, he grew in Brawl, becoming too big to be playable. Unless this game takes place before Brawl, he'll still be too big.

They can't go back a re-scale ridley for the new game because?
---
#8ArcasaurusPosted 7/19/2013 6:22:19 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...

Because there's no time travel in this game..? Generally when a healthy creature gets older, they get bigger. Why would Ridley shrink over time?
#9Scorpion122178(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 6:24:21 AM
Arcasaurus posted...
Scorpion122178 posted...

Because there's no time travel in this game..? Generally when a healthy creature gets older, they get bigger. Why would Ridley shrink over time?

This guy does understand that Ridley is a fictional character and smash bros is just a game right?
---
#10KingTumbleweedPosted 7/19/2013 6:29:38 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
Arcasaurus posted...

Because it wouldn't make sense. Why would they make him a boss character in the first place if in the next game, they completely change his character?
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.