Smash Bros. Movie Ideas

#1MiyamotoSakuraiPosted 7/19/2013 9:33:04 PM
In theory, if I were to make movies that would lead into a Smash Bros. movie, similar to what Marvel did for the Avengers, then here are the movies I would make. I would begin with a Mario movie, and here's how it would go:

Voices: The voices for the characters in the games would be used as battle cries and the occasional funny expression in a conversation, but the majority of the dialogue would be spoken normally by the actors and actresses. For example, Mario would use his Charles Martinet voice to shout "yah!" and "wahoo!" during fights, but in conversations the actor would speak as naturally as he can because using too much of the super-high-pitched voice would sound too forced. The same goes for all of the other characters.

Visual Style: I would do it live-action, see it as a redemption for the only currently-existing Super Mario Bros. movie. Human characters, i.e. Mario, Peach, etc., would just look as the actors do. Of course, the actors would be dressed to look as similar to the characters as possible. The actor for Mario would wear the red shirt and blue overalls with a red Mario cap, and sport a mustache. More casual clothing may be used for some non-important scenes to give the characters more variety in their wardrobe, which realistically they would have. Non-human characters such as Yoshi and Donkey Kong would be portrayed by an actor during filming for more realistic interaction. In post-production, the voices would be kept, but CGI would be used to make the characters look more like they do in the games. Wearing a DK suit would look ridiculous, so I think CGI would be the way to go for this.

The plot: It begins with Mario and Pauline getting ready for a date. Pauline is in her red dress, ready to go, but Mario is still dressed too casual in his overalls fixing their sink pipes. Pauline is pushing Mario to finish up and get ready, but Mario is enjoying his job too much to stop right away. During this argument, Larry Koopa and a group of Koopas break into the house and attack. Pauline fights off some of the Koopas by whacking them with her purse as Mario jumps around. He accidentally wins the battle by jumping directly on Larry's head. After their boss's defeat, the Koopas surrender.

Mario and Pauline bring a handcuffed Larry to Toadsworth where he is put under arrest. After this, Mario is summoned to see Princess Peach. Peach tells Mario that he is the only one who has managed to stop a Koopaling, and that Bowser plans to send the other six in his attempt to conquer the Mushroom Kingdom. She offers Mario the job of being the Mushroom Kingdom's main defender for a nice sum of coins, and he accepts. Peach is glad to hear it, and she sends Mario on his first mission- to save Yoshi's Island from Roy Koopa's forces.

Mario first heads home to tell Pauline about the situation, and she becomes upset. She is jealous that Mario is going to spend his time protecting another woman, and she reminds him that she needs Mario to protect her too. There is a brief flashback of Mario saving Pauline from Donkey Kong by jumping over his barrels. They both understand the other's points but don't agree with each other. They don't depart on the best terms, but they aren't mad at each other either.

Mario is then flown over to Yoshi's Island, where he is sent into the thick of it to find Roy Koopa and defeat him. Mario is overwhelmed by a group of Koopas attacking him, but Yoshi comes to the rescue. Yoshi then takes Mario under his wing and trains him on fighting Bowser's forces. During this training, Yoshi asks Mario how much he knows about his own past. Mario tells him that he grew up in an orphanage, saved Pauline from Donkey Kong at a construction site and started dating her, and then got hired as a plumber. His life recently changed when he defeated Larry Koopa and became the Mushroom Kingdom's defender. Yoshi then explains that he was the one who raised Mario as a baby.

To be continued...
#2MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:04:27 PM
At this point there would be a flashback of Yoshi protecting Baby Mario from an army of Koopas led by Kamek. Yoshi explains that his transgender girlfriend, Birdo, was taken from him by Kamek. He managed to save Baby Mario and himself by hiding, but at the cost of having his loved one taken from him. Yoshi believes that Birdo is still locked up in Bowser's Castle to the present day. He then explains that, after the attack, he brought Mario to the Mushroom Kingdom, where he was raised in an orphanage. Mario is touched by Yoshi's story and thanks him. He vows to help protect his island, and then to help him save Birdo from Bowser.

This conversation takes place during a training montage, and by the end of it, Mario is shown to be a very capable fighter.

Mario and Yoshi then find Roy Koopa and fight him. Roy Koopa is defeated by their combined efforts, and taken prisoner. Mario takes Yoshi with him back to Mushroom Kingdom, and the two of them report to Peach for a new mission as Roy is taken into custody. Peach explains that Lemmy Koopa has been spotted as the guard for Bowser's Castle's prison cells. Yoshi is excited at the possibility of rescuing Birdo on this mission, but Peach goes on to tell Mario that Donkey Kong kidnapped Pauline in his absence. Mario is torn, but Yoshi lets him go save Pauline, because he understands the importance of rescuing a loved one.

In the next scene, Yoshi arrives at Bowser's Castle on his own. After sneaking through the jail, he finds Birdo's cell. However, before he can save her, Lemmy attacks. Meanwhile, Mario finds Donkey Kong at the same construction site as before. Mario asks Donkey Kong what he wants, and Donkey Kong explains that it is to settle the feud Mario has with his family once and for all. Donkey Kong tells Mario that his grandfather was the one who originally kidnapped Pauline, and that Mario later kidnapped his grandfather before his father was forced to go save him. Mario reflects on this and regrets what he did. He pleads with Donkey Kong to let it go, but Donkey Kong refuses. He then attacks Mario.

The scene alternates between Yoshi vs. Lemmy and Mario vs. Donkey Kong before Yoshi defeats Lemmy. He then takes the cell key from Lemmy to rescue Birdo. As the two of them head for the exit, Kamek attacks. Yoshi gives the captive Lemmy to Birdo as he tells her to bring him to Peach, and he then begins his fight with Kamek. The scene cuts back to Mario defeating Donkey Kong. Mario tells Donkey Kong to let Pauline go, but Donkey Kong grabs her and jumps back to the top of the construction fight.

The final battle switches between Yoshi against Kamek, and Mario jumping over Donkey Kong's barrels as he climbs the construction site. Eventually, Yoshi defeats Kamek and puts him under arrest. Yoshi and Birdo bring Lemmy and Kamek to Peach, and then head back to Yoshi's Island to celebrate. The scene goes back to Mario getting to the top of the construction site and knocking Donkey Kong over the edge. Donkey Kong falls to the ground, and Mario takes Pauline back down with him safely.

Donkey Kong asks Mario if he will put him under arrest, but Mario decides that the only way to end the feud is to simply forgive him. Mario asks Donkey Kong what will make him move on, and Donkey Kong says that he would like his own place to live. Mario promises Donkey Kong that he will make an arrangement with Peach to give Donkey Kong his own island. Donkey Kong likes the idea, and decides to call his island "Donkey Kong Country". He then runs off.

Pauline forgives Mario, and tells him that she understands why Peach needs someone like him to defend the Mushroom Kingdom. She decides to break up with him because she knows that she needs someone who can spend a lot of time with her, but she is happy with Mario for everything that he's done. The two of them share one last passionate kiss before Pauline walks off. Mario looks emotionally conflicted, but then smiles as he triple-jumps into the camera. Roll the credits.
#3MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:06:41 PM
After the credits, there is a brief scene of Wario rifling through Mario's house and taking his coins while laughing as a lead-in to the second movie.

I'll post the sequel later, but what are your thoughts on the first one? If this movie was made well, would you like it?
#4NightinanglePosted 7/19/2013 10:12:23 PM
I think it'd need more than just Mario franchise. Link, Ike or Chrom (or Marth I guess), maybe some pit, etc.
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
FreedomDreamer12 is my gorgeous bride <3
#5MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 10:14:54 PM
Nightinangle posted...
I think it'd need more than just Mario franchise. Link, Ike or Chrom (or Marth I guess), maybe some pit, etc.

Don't worry, the Smash Bros. movie itself includes everyone! Think of this as writing a plot for Iron Man before going on to include him in the Avengers.
#6NightinanglePosted 7/19/2013 10:16:37 PM
MiyamotoSakurai posted...
Nightinangle posted...

Don't worry, the Smash Bros. movie itself includes everyone! Think of this as writing a plot for Iron Man before going on to include him in the Avengers.

Oh!! I see. Well I didn't see iron man. I don't like superhero movies. But I get it I think!!
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
FreedomDreamer12 is my gorgeous bride <3
#7tehponycornPosted 7/19/2013 11:28:57 PM
Are you going to be posting your ideas in this topic or in another?
---
Shulk needs to be in Smash Bros. 4, nuff said.
My roster for SSB4: http://i.imgur.com/1nmlwn9.png
#8NicoRobin007Posted 7/19/2013 11:31:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AHfj0uDrf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZa_4K7vo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycm2nmcIo3I
#9MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 8:11:19 AM
tehponycorn posted...
Are you going to be posting your ideas in this topic or in another?

Same one! I'll probably be posting the sequel later today, and then the conclusion of the Mario trilogy either today or tomorrow.
#10MiyamotoSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 8:58:01 AM
NicoRobin007 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AHfj0uDrf0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZa_4K7vo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycm2nmcIo3I

Just watched these, they were more epic than I was expecting! There are obviously multiple ways to do live-action Mario. These videos have a more gritty approach compared to mine- in mine no characters die, at least for the Mario movies, and there are no guns or anything like that. Mine would also be full-length movie films, but YouTube episodes are cool too and possibly the closest we're gonna get. Thank you for introducing me to these, I can't wait for more!