This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attempt on a roster

#11GreatJallopiPosted 7/22/2013 8:04:54 AM
KEN181 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...
From now on I'm saying 0/10 to any roster that has both Marth and Lucina. WHY DO WE NEED BOTH? They look and fight similarly. It doesn't get more boring than that.

On my last roster I was putting marth and lucina together as one character and everybody went crazy saying she doesn't even remotely have the same fighting style
I love this board
That's because Lucina has fanboys with their heads up their asses. The whole point of her appearance and fighting style is to resemble Marth. Fire Emblem fans just can't compromise like every other fanbase is expected to.
---
We've got the right, 'cause they'll fight to use it. Got everything, and you can just choose it. I won't just be a puppet on a string.
#12NightinanglePosted 7/22/2013 8:09:46 AM
GreatJallopi posted...
KEN181 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...
From now on I'm saying 0/10 to any roster that has both Marth and Lucina. WHY DO WE NEED BOTH? They look and fight similarly. It doesn't get more boring than that.

On my last roster I was putting marth and lucina together as one character and everybody went crazy saying she doesn't even remotely have the same fighting style
I love this board
That's because Lucina has fanboys with their heads up their asses. The whole point of her appearance and fighting style is to resemble Marth. Fire Emblem fans just can't compromise like every other fanbase is expected to.

Umm. But. So mean. Why so definite and general? I don't want Owain or tharja, and think Lucina would be cloned.
I don't care about clones anyway, because it is just the characters that matter to me.
But anyway. I just want to use Chrom why is that so bad :(
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
FreedomDreamer12 is my gorgeous bride <3
#13KEN181(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 8:11:27 AM
All these problems could be solved so easily by adding costumes with voice changes
---
Wilf > METROD > Phoenis PAUNCH!!!
Poke D/P Name: Rose FC: 4596 6778 0536
#14Blade_of_BrosPosted 7/22/2013 8:13:01 AM
So you cut Wolf and Lucario? I don't think we can really predict cuts very well, but even in trying, I don't think those two will be the ones to go.
Lucina is a bad choice. She's a pretty cool character, but she'd probably be a clone of Marth, and she really shouldn't get in before Chrom or Robin, I don't think. Also, don't consider cutting Ike for Chrom if you're adding Lucina. Maybe I can see cutting him for Chrom and adding Micaiah or someone else, but it's still not a very good idea.
And so Metroid is the only Assist Trophy that got upgraded to a playable character? That's an interesting choice at least for that and for a 2nd Metroid character.

Overall my feelings of this roster are kinda meh (maybe on the low side of meh). It's not a stellar roster, but it's not horrible either; I'd play it and like it well enough, but I wouldn't be excited for it.

Oh. Whoa. You cut R.O.B. Yeah, nevermind, I don't like this roster.

KEN181 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

I love this board

They were wrong. Maybe it was because alternate characters shouldn't and won't be a thing, and then maybe because they thought you were replacing Marth with Lucina. I don't know, but it's just best to leave her out, or let her do a great job at being an Assist Trophy.
#15NightinanglePosted 7/22/2013 8:13:23 AM
KEN181 posted...
All these problems could be solved so easily by adding costumes with voice changes

But Chrom is not a Marth clone Lucina is -.-
And wolf is not a clone falco is
And r.o.b.
And only. 43 characters
---
SSB4 dream roster: http://imgur.com/DfdocHN.png 45/50 characters---I support for Echo type pkmon gen 7
#16NightinanglePosted 7/22/2013 8:16:36 AM
Blade_of_Bros posted...
So you cut Wolf and Lucario? I don't think we can really predict cuts very well, but even in trying, I don't think those two will be the ones to go.
Lucina is a bad choice. She's a pretty cool character, but she'd probably be a clone of Marth, and she really shouldn't get in before Chrom or Robin, I don't think. Also, don't consider cutting Ike for Chrom if you're adding Lucina. Maybe I can see cutting him for Chrom and adding Micaiah or someone else, but it's still not a very good idea.
And so Metroid is the only Assist Trophy that got upgraded to a playable character? That's an interesting choice at least for that and for a 2nd Metroid character.

Overall my feelings of this roster are kinda meh (maybe on the low side of meh). It's not a stellar roster, but it's not horrible either; I'd play it and like it well enough, but I wouldn't be excited for it.

Oh. Whoa. You cut R.O.B. Yeah, nevermind, I don't like this roster.

KEN181 posted...
GreatJallopi posted...

I love this board

They were wrong. Maybe it was because alternate characters shouldn't and won't be a thing, and then maybe because they thought you were replacing Marth with Lucina. I don't know, but it's just best to leave her out, or let her do a great job at being an Assist Trophy.

Why cut Ike for Micahaih? She only had one game, and it is irrelevant now, Ike is one if the only lords to have multiple games. And is a lord. And is cooler, and made the first 3d game for fe.
---
#17KingTumbleweedPosted 7/22/2013 8:18:16 AM
Why can't Metroid crawl?
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#18Blade_of_BrosPosted 7/22/2013 8:21:46 AM
Nightinangle posted...
Why cut Ike for Micaiah? She only had one game, and it is irrelevant now, Ike is one if the only lords to have multiple games. And is a lord. And is cooler, and made the first 3d game for fe.

I still said it was a bad idea to cut Ike. That's just the only addition I'd be okay with Chrom taking Ike's place with. I agree and I definitely want Ike to stay.
I really think the relevancy argument is a bad argument in general, but I see what you mean with her.
#19NightinanglePosted 7/22/2013 8:23:55 AM
Blade_of_Bros posted...
Nightinangle posted...
Why cut Ike for Micaiah? She only had one game, and it is irrelevant now, Ike is one if the only lords to have multiple games. And is a lord. And is cooler, and made the first 3d game for fe.

I still said it was a bad idea to cut Ike. That's just the only addition I'd be okay with Chrom taking Ike's place with. I agree and I definitely want Ike to stay.
I really think the relevancy argument is a bad argument in general, but I see what you mean with her.

I just mean, I like RD but a lot of people act like it is t canon in Ike's story the ending is totally IkexLethe hint
---
#20KillerKremlingPosted 7/22/2013 9:29:25 AM
Ashley seems unnecesary at this point, WarioWare really doesn't need a second rep.

How would "Metroid" be a playable character?

And I still don't get why Takamaru is still such a popular choice, granted I don't know him but I just don't get why he's so popular.

Meh not bad but needs some work in obvious places.
---
Ridley is Love, Ridley is Life