This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Erroneous' Roster

#1ErroneousNickPosted 7/22/2013 3:24:09 PM
Sup I'm Erroneous. This is my roster. It is also Erroneous, but for different reasons. I don't care, its what I'd love to see and I back it up with decent reasons. I try to remain in the realm of possibility, though I give the big 3 (Mario, Zelda and Pokemon) 5 reps each. That being said, lets get started.

Mario Series

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario. (Would not even resemble a clone, have a unique fighting style, and unique animations.)

Yoshi series

Yoshi

Donkey Kong Series

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Metriod

Samus/Zero Suit
Ridley (Shrunk down to Bowser's size, not a huge fan of him, but he deserves it.)

Legend of Zelda

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Gannondorf (new moveset)
Midna (I don't care if its unlikely, she'd be unique and fun, with a grab focused moveset.)
Ghirahim (Fun campy villain? Check!)

Kirby series

Kirby
King Dedede
MetaKnight

Starfox series

Fox
Falco
Wolf

F-Zero

Captain Falcon

Kid Icarus

Pit
Palutena

Pokemon

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Sylveon (Unique graceful 4 legged fighter, could be interesting to play, and can lead to great animations)
Mewtwo (Awakened form is AFTER final smash, can be switched like Zero Suit)
Lucario (The 3rd most popular pokemon in Japan, after Jigglypuff, unique enough to stay in alongside Mewtwo)

Fire Emblem

Marth
Ike
Tiki (Been in several games, (1, 3, 11, 12 and Awakening) and isn't just a sword user. Chrom cannot get in because he wields Falchion, as does Marth, leading to them both having the same tip of the sword mechanic in their play style.)

Earthbound

Ness
Lucas

Other Series

Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
ROB
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Saki (Sin and Punishment)

3rd Party Series

Megaman
Sonic

45 characters overall, tell me what you think.
#2JacornonthecobPosted 7/22/2013 3:25:00 PM
Got as far as Paper Mario. It's already awful.
#3Scorpion122178Posted 7/22/2013 3:26:11 PM
Jacornonthecob posted...

Not as awful as your opinion of Paper Mario
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Fire Emblem Awakening, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#4sterlingtygerPosted 7/22/2013 3:27:18 PM
Paper Mario, Midna, Ghirahim, Tiki, no Snake or Pac-Man?

I guess this roster really IS Erroneous. HE HE HE
#5JacornonthecobPosted 7/22/2013 3:28:18 PM
Scorpion122178 posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...

Not as awful as your opinion of Paper Mario

The only one I disliked was Thousand Year Door, and even that I wouldn't say was awful, just not great.
#6Groose770Posted 7/22/2013 3:36:09 PM
I wouldn't expect Tiki or Midna if I were you. They're possible, but they're far from probable.

Personally, I'm a bit irked at the lack of K. Rool and I'm disappointed they passed on Pac-Man, but having Ghirahim and Midna get in would be great. Paper Mario would also be welcomed if he weren't a clone as you propose.

8/10
#7albertojz356Posted 7/22/2013 3:56:46 PM
I love this roster it has my second favorite character and a lot of the series have unique additions. Tiki would be very different but I think that she's better fit as an at because she is a dragon. Unless of course she fights untransformed. I do like that she would be a change of pace for the series representation though and that's a good thing 9.5/10.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#8PT_PiranhaPosted 7/22/2013 4:01:33 PM
I'd say get rid of Midna, keep Ganon's moveset the same, and either add Snake or get rid of Sonic, and I'd go along with this roster.

Midna does sound fun, but I think if they wanted to use her, they would've by now. Toon Zelda/Sheik was in the Forbidden 7 I believe. I know talking about them is frowned on, but I think it shows that they would've wanted to put her in more than Midna.

After two games, I don't think they're going to de-clone Ganondorf. And as much clone shaming as there is, it could turn off some of the Ganon players.

Keeping Sonic and getting rid of Snake is just kind of a personal bug for me, no objective flaws, but I'm just not a fan. I'd still play the game.

It's not so bad. And even if it was, I'd like to discuss it rather than just "lol it does/doesn't have _ so it sucks bye".
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
#9ErroneousNick(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:21:33 PM
PT_Piranha posted...
I'd say get rid of Midna, keep Ganon's moveset the same, and either add Snake or get rid of Sonic, and I'd go along with this roster.

Midna does sound fun, but I think if they wanted to use her, they would've by now. Toon Zelda/Sheik was in the Forbidden 7 I believe. I know talking about them is frowned on, but I think it shows that they would've wanted to put her in more than Midna.

After two games, I don't think they're going to de-clone Ganondorf. And as much clone shaming as there is, it could turn off some of the Ganon players.

Keeping Sonic and getting rid of Snake is just kind of a personal bug for me, no objective flaws, but I'm just not a fan. I'd still play the game.

It's not so bad. And even if it was, I'd like to discuss it rather than just "lol it does/doesn't have _ so it sucks bye".

Thank you so much. I appreciate this. I agree that Midna and Tiki aren't likely, but I felt that they were interesting representation. I feel Ganondorf will change, because even Sakurai joked about how odd it was that he didn't use his sword when he had it for the taunt.

And I just feel Snake is out of place. I don't care much for sonic either, but I feel like people will want to have him face off against Mario and Megaman, so I put him in.
#10Doug314Posted 7/22/2013 5:12:05 PM
This is overall very good. But Mario and Zelda shouldn't just each get a bad rep just because each series deserves another rep. A character should actually have to be good to get in. And if Ghirahim is campy he's automatically not fun. Also the Pokemon selection is pretty bad. You'd really keep Lucario over Pokemon Trainer? PT is essential to the series of Pokemon and much more unique than Lucario.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool for SSB for Wii U and SSB for 3DS!