Lucina and Owain are more likely than you think.

#41Bellagio_2Posted 7/22/2013 9:27:40 PM
newyorkemblem posted...
Bellagio_2 posted...
Abugumgum posted...
I still don't see why Owain would be a focus if it was a sequel. He could get a cameo, but why would he be the focus?
And by SSB5 the game would likely be old news, because there would be a new new game out already,similar to how Eliwood wasn't relevant at the right time to be featured in Melee or Brawl.

Well I am sure this "possible game" would be for Wii U.

By the time SSB5 comes out this will probably be the referenced FE.

Owain has been requested to get his own game, so I think he would probably play a big part in it. At least as a secondary character to Lucina.

But some games that were released after Brawl were referenced in the game. Metal Gear for example.

I missed this.

When was it released?
---
Users that don't know what the word "troll" means or lack intelligence: Too many to list.
#42Belmont_92Posted 7/22/2013 9:42:33 PM
This is a pretty big assumption, though I guess most Fire Emblem titles got a prequel or sequel besides Sacred Stones... So it might not be that far-fetched to believe that Lucina would be the main character. Owain would likely play the same role as Lissa or Fredrick though, an important side character but not the star.

It probably doesn't hurt Chrom's chances though. This game probably won't be done when Smash 4 is out, so at most it would get a trophy, sticker or music to reference it, or nothing at all like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3.

Plus, we already have an Awakening stage, so I think most of the FE content will be from Awakening besides Marth and hopefully Ike.
---
The Official Astaroth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#43Bellagio_2Posted 7/22/2013 9:47:17 PM
Belmont_92 posted...
This is a pretty big assumption, though I guess most Fire Emblem titles got a prequel or sequel besides Sacred Stones... So it might not be that far-fetched to believe that Lucina would be the main character. Owain would likely play the same role as Lissa or Fredrick though, an important side character but not the star.

It probably doesn't hurt Chrom's chances though. This game probably won't be done when Smash 4 is out, so at most it would get a trophy, sticker or music to reference it, or nothing at all like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3.

Plus, we already have an Awakening stage, so I think most of the FE content will be from Awakening besides Marth and hopefully Ike.

I think Lucina and Owain would play a similar role to Chrom and Robin.
---
Users that don't know what the word "troll" means or lack intelligence: Too many to list.
#44Belmont_92Posted 7/22/2013 9:49:59 PM
Bellagio_2 posted...
Belmont_92 posted...

Couldn't Morgan fit that role? Considering he/she is the child of Robin and they might let you customize his/her appearance to keep the avatar system. It's been in 2 games now, and it's been received well.
---
The Official Astaroth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#45OOOPutotryaPosted 7/22/2013 9:52:16 PM
I don't hate these characters Owain and Thraja are really fun characters, but they are just too minor compared to the main characters of Fire Emblem. I would rather see Chrom, Lucina, or the Avatar to be the characters for Awakening.
#46Bellagio_2Posted 7/22/2013 9:55:52 PM
Belmont_92 posted...
Bellagio_2 posted...
Belmont_92 posted...

Couldn't Morgan fit that role? Considering he/she is the child of Robin and they might let you customize his/her appearance to keep the avatar system. It's been in 2 games now, and it's been received well.

Could be possible, but I don't see it as likely. I feel as though it would most likely be Lucina and Owain. Maybe because of popularity.
---
#47MeepleLardiclePosted 7/22/2013 10:03:10 PM
Ah, I see. That does ring a few bells. Back when I still frequented the Awakening board, before the game's release, there were a few threads asking who the worst Lord was, and most of the arguments devolved to Lief and Roy. I'm not so sure what makes Lief so bad, but Roy promoting super late was a recurring grievance.

Leif is bad but not quite as problematic about Roy. In short, while Roy might be better for the final stretch, Leif is better just about the rest of the game. Promotes earlier, also in a game where late promotions aren't nearly as painful as in Roy's case (Lower stat caps has this side effect), better Prf Weapon (Light Sword > Rapier), and other minor quirks I won't get into. Roy really just has that strong late game and a few handy supports (Alan and Lance being the notable one.)

To be fair, Leif is also in a much harder game so any sort of mediocrity will stand out that much more, but that's less Leif being bad and more FE5 being absolutely cruel.

Leif's not a good Lord, make no mistake; he's certainly one of the worst. Just not convinced he's as bad as Roy, who on paper looks fine where he ends up end game, but you can't ignore the journey there more than offsets the end result.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#48AcendedPosted 7/22/2013 10:59:03 PM
Brawl had stuff from MGS4 (The song, the Gekko, and the fact that Rex and Ray were in the background of the Shadow Moses stage was a huge foreshadowing to Act 4 of MGS4.)

To the people asking about a Priam FE game, there are a couple of fan theories that IS wants to do something with him since he just appears in his own sidequest, and then his ending talks about how he goes to some other continent where the legacy of the radiant hero is more well known. It basically boils down to people thinking that Priam's appearance in Awakening was a way to introduce him for a potential new game.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that everything for Sm4ash is finalized since the game comes out next year.
---
My Top Ten (and more!) Games List: http://www.unikgamer.com/users/ascended-766.html
#49KFrosty3Posted 7/22/2013 11:23:35 PM
MeepleLardicle posted...
Leif is bad but not quite as problematic about Roy. In short, while Roy might be better for the final stretch, Leif is better just about the rest of the game.

That is why I feel they should remake this game just so he could actually show off his potential. If they had just made a promotion item separate from the sword then he would be a good character.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#50frostcranberryPosted 7/23/2013 6:06:28 AM
I am almost sure that Awakening will get a sequel.

Owain being the main character isn't impossible either. He is one of the few characters that could make it work. Then again we would have to wait til the next smash before anything is even represented.