No Story Mode, Cutscenes (Source: Sakurai in Famitsu)

#31PlasmaCannonPosted 7/25/2013 7:28:36 AM
SSE was by far the worst part of Brawl so good riddance.
---
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
#32RECON64bitPosted 7/25/2013 7:30:27 AM
therickmu25 posted...
Celestial_Red posted...
He is really bitter about the SSE vids being uploaded online, isn't he? >_>

I think it's more of a bad excuse to cover up Nintendo's laziness and unwillingness to spend the extra money to craft a SP campaign.

He knows people will buy it no matter what so why should they waste money on SP? He can just give a horrid excuse about 'cutscenes' (lol) and knows most of the people that love this game will probably believe him.

No one buys this game for the SP. Hopefully now with the freed up budget sakurai can make a real online mode in smash bros.
#33PrinceSquarePosted 7/25/2013 7:35:24 AM
Man, I really liked SSE. It wasn't the best thing ever, but I preferred it more than adventure mode. I hope the single player is like a mix between the variety in sse and the length of adventure mode. Have each character do a different mode and I could settle for that.
---
FF: VII>XII>IX>VI>VIII=X>XIII>V>III>I>IV imo <( '.' )> CP: Bayonetta
#34Genius_SagePosted 7/25/2013 7:36:42 AM
Rayquaza487 posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
MechaKirby posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
MechaKirby posted...
I'll never understand why people prefer Melee's adventure over SSE.

Spending 15-20 minutes per character, repeating the same damn stages over and over, is extremely boring.

Need a break down? This can't be hard to figure out man.

Please, go ahead. I'll take a Story Mode with some effort put into both franchise and original levels than running through 15 franchises.

You'll take a generic Kirby game with a bunch of Nintendo characters thrown in, cracked out enemies and a fanficy story line (at the expense of characters and more interesting stages) instead of a simple quick 1 player game with replay value for a game intended to focus on multiplayer?

Only on gamefaqs folks.

Uh how does Adventure mode have ANY replay value? IT'S THE SAME FRIGGIN THING EVERY TIME.
---

Game was designed to play through quickly with multiple characters. Also made up my own scenarios. Was way more fun for me.
---
FC - 4639-8953-6150
#35CTImpPosted 7/25/2013 7:44:41 AM
I can't say that I'm upset about no story mode. SSE didn't do it for me. However, Sakurai's reasoning is more than a little absurd. I also wasn't a fan of Melee's adventure mode either.

For single player I'd prefer some type of challenge mode similar to SoulCalibur IV's Tower of Lost Souls. Maybe there's a more recent example I could use, I don't know. But the gist of that mode was to battle in a series of progressively difficult stages, attempting to win or defeat your enemy while satisfying a different special condition. I think the Smash gameplay would lend well to that.
---
It walked on my pillow!
#36Rayquaza487Posted 7/25/2013 7:48:43 AM
I also like how SSE integrated multiplayer into it. It also had nice cutscenes, awesome bosses, and very rewarding too.
---
---
Official Rayquaza of the Super Smash Bros. boards
#37EnyalbPosted 7/25/2013 7:51:55 AM
CTImp posted...
I can't say that I'm upset about no story mode. SSE didn't do it for me. However, Sakurai's reasoning is more than a little absurd. I also wasn't a fan of Melee's adventure mode either.

For single player I'd prefer some type of challenge mode similar to SoulCalibur IV's Tower of Lost Souls. Maybe there's a more recent example I could use, I don't know. But the gist of that mode was to battle in a series of progressively difficult stages, attempting to win or defeat your enemy while satisfying a different special condition. I think the Smash gameplay would lend well to that.

We have events for that. Personally I loved the adventure mode more than SSE, but I can understand it can get repetitive. What I'd like to see, now that Sakurai can work more effort into the game, is either have each character or franchise have their own unique adventure mode, or have branching pathways that you can get by special conditions. Although he said cutscenes are a no, I'd love to see ending ones atleast.
---
"Insert reference to video game or anime here"
#38kamikaze135Posted 7/25/2013 7:58:05 AM(edited)
He's getting rid of them for all the wrong reasons. A few people saw the cutscenes on Youtube and he feels bitter about it. I get if he excluded it because he had something else in mind, but to get rid of it for that is incredibly selfish.

Though the real reason may have to do with the game being on the 3DS and trying to squeeze as many characters, stages, and features as possible....and he isn't allowed to talk bad about Nintendo products, soo....
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#39Rayquaza487Posted 7/25/2013 8:01:18 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
He's getting rid of them for all the wrong reasons. A few people saw the cutscenes on Youtube and he feels bitter about it. I get if he excluded it because he had something else in mind, but to get rid of it for that is incredibly selfish.

Though the real reason may have to do with the game being on the 3DS and trying to squeeze as many characters, stages, and features as possible....and he isn't allowed to talk bad about Nintendo products, soo....

Dood thank you. I totally agree. A few people watching the cutscenes on youtube shouldn't force the whole fanbase to suffer. It happens with almost EVERY video game.

Game comes out->someone releases the cutscenes and/or gameplay from said game.

I don't know why Sakurai acts like his game should be any different...
---
---
Official Rayquaza of the Super Smash Bros. boards
#40Cactuar512Posted 7/25/2013 8:07:15 AM
The_Mana_Legend posted...
Please come back with Melee adventure mode. Subspace Emissary was awful.

---
PSN: Fredfredburger51
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone