It's obvious now more than ever that the 3DS version seriously nerfed this game.

#61VanderZooPosted 7/30/2013 1:22:13 AM
Could this be why the graphics aren't that great either? When I look at Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World I'm like wow, such beautiful graphics. SSB I've found to be really underwhelming, I don't see 'much' of an upgrade from Brawl.

I really hope that's because the game is further off from release.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#62Trailblazer34Posted 7/30/2013 2:04:36 AM
The wii u is selling like crap. A 3ds version will print money no matter what anyone says. deal with it. Both versions will be good. All i have ever wanted was to have a 3d handheld pokemon game and a portable smash bros. I'm bloody happy with what im getting.
#63DoctorPiranha3Posted 7/30/2013 2:05:26 AM
Am I the only one not bothered about a 3DS release? For once, we have a portable Smash. Not only that, we're going to get more stages than ever. Stages are a big thing for me, so that makes me happy.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#64gules222Posted 7/30/2013 2:12:22 AM
ImperfectFear posted...
I'm not talking about people that already own a 3DS and Wii U.

I'm saying as of now, Nintendo's number 1 card to sell the failing Wii U was Smash and they screwed it up.

And no, those other titles don't even come close, 3D Mario sells around 7 million, the last Zelda sold 4 million, the last Pikmin sold 1 million. Brawl? Sold 11 million and a good chunk of those sales were specifically from people who only purchased a Wii U mainly to play it.

The first Mario Galaxy sold 11.72 million copies, slightly beating out Brawl by 300,000 units and Mario Kart Wii sold 34 million copies, beating out Brawl by 23 million units. I'm pretty sure Smash wasn't going to be their only system seller and it is completely ignorant to believe such.

In addition, it is pretty ignorant to believe the Wii U version won't sell because the 3DS one exists. People buy Smash so they can have 3 other people over and duke it out on the same screen. The 3DS one isn't going to have that luxury and will obviously not have HD graphics, which in this generation, matters to more consumers than you'd think.
---
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, The Last of Us
Waiting to Play: Pikmin 3, MGSV, Pokemon X, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, Super Mario 3D World
#65GOLD_sonicPosted 7/30/2013 2:20:25 AM
RECON64bit posted...
Think of it this way. The freed up resources that would have otherwise been wasted on SSE, can now be put into developing a better fighting game hopefully with a real online mode this time.

---
I'm a Brony AND a Sonic the Hedgehog fan!?
Man, I must be the worst person of all time!
#66Eradan123Posted 7/30/2013 4:14:41 AM
We are never ever, getting back together.
#67SoulstigerPosted 7/30/2013 5:22:26 PM
gules222 posted...
ImperfectFear posted...

I'm saying as of now, Nintendo's number 1 card to sell the failing Wii U was Smash and they screwed it up.

And no, those other titles don't even come close, 3D Mario sells around 7 million, the last Zelda sold 4 million, the last Pikmin sold 1 million. Brawl? Sold 11 million and a good chunk of those sales were specifically from people who only purchased a Wii U mainly to play it.

The first Mario Galaxy sold 11.72 million copies, slightly beating out Brawl by 300,000 units and Mario Kart Wii sold 34 million copies, beating out Brawl by 23 million units. I'm pretty sure Smash wasn't going to be their only system seller and it is completely ignorant to believe such.

In addition, it is pretty ignorant to believe the Wii U version won't sell because the 3DS one exists. People buy Smash so they can have 3 other people over and duke it out on the same screen. The 3DS one isn't going to have that luxury and will obviously not have HD graphics, which in this generation, matters to more consumers than you'd think.

People who buy every Mario Kart are people who buy the systems at launch. A lot of people who get Smash, wait for Smash before buying the system. Hence, system seller.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png
#68Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 7/30/2013 6:45:03 PM
Soulstiger posted...
gules222 posted...
ImperfectFear posted...

People who buy every Mario Kart are people who buy the systems at launch. A lot of people who get Smash, wait for Smash before buying the system. Hence, system seller.

So the wii sold 34 million units at launch?
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.
#69SoulstigerPosted 7/30/2013 6:51:59 PM(edited)
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Soulstiger posted...
gules222 posted...
ImperfectFear posted...

So the wii sold 34 million units at launch?

No, but I doubt that most of the people that bought Mario Kart didn't already own a wii.

Edit: Also, I said people who buy EVERY Mario Kart.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png