How would you feel is this game had the entire roster at the start?

#1GamespohtPosted 7/26/2013 3:10:34 PM
SSFIV and PSASBR are both fighting games that had this factor, but what if all characters were unlocked from the start, and a month after the game releases, Nintendo announces DLC is being made to add to the roster
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#2_Super_Shadow_Posted 7/26/2013 3:12:02 PM
I would honestly be broken hearted. Unlocking the characters is my favourite part about smash bros.
simple as that.
---
Lucina, Newtwo, Ridley, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, and Lloyd Irving for SSB4
Dream Roster: http://www.imageshack.com/scaled/large/577/lghv.png
#3Davidk92Posted 7/26/2013 3:13:01 PM
Ripped off.

I don't have anyone I can play multiplayer with, so unless there's a story, unlocking stuff is my only motivation to play.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#4ProfessorFayPosted 7/26/2013 3:13:17 PM
That wouldn't be fun at all.

Part of the fun is unlocking a character you would never expect. Melee accomplished that so well.
---
I said so ravenously.
Farewell Faywell. Junko Enoshima.
#5MajesticPaladinPosted 7/26/2013 3:15:18 PM
Instant dislike. Gamers these days expect everything handed to them. Back in the old days we had to actually unlock the characters to play as them.
---
Perfectionist.
#6IngSlayerPosted 7/26/2013 3:19:07 PM
Gamespoht posted...
Nintendo announces DLC is being made to add to the roster

I imagine that this would be a good thing.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#7hyperknees91Posted 7/26/2013 3:20:23 PM
Would prefer it considering I usually know the entire roster from the start. That way I can spend my time playing the characters I want to play as rather than having to wait.

Hated that I had to wait so long to play as Sonic in brawl =/

I see the charm in unlocking though, but I don't really like playing single player. I just like to dish it out with my friends.
---
oof
#8koopabros64Posted 7/26/2013 3:22:54 PM
Disappointed, since I like unlocking characters.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#9G-ScythePosted 7/26/2013 3:23:16 PM
I wouldnt mind.
unlocking stuff is fun the first time.
but its annoying to go to a friends house and see they havent unlocked all the characters
---
Not changing this sig until I get bored of it - started 8/11/2011
3DS FC: 3282-2034-0238
#10KingTumbleweedPosted 7/26/2013 3:24:02 PM
hyperknees91 posted...
Would prefer it considering I usually know the entire roster from the start. That way I can spend my time playing the characters I want to play as rather than having to wait.

Hated that I had to wait so long to play as Sonic in brawl =/

I see the charm in unlocking though, but I don't really like playing single player. I just like to dish it out with my friends.

This. I know a lot will disagree but the thrill of unlocking characters disappears after a while. Although, I still prefer my idea of a cheat menu.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.