This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Don't forget about the secret 4th playable character in the new donkey kong game

#21Charizard18Posted 7/27/2013 6:16:31 PM
squirrel_boy posted...
sterlingtyger posted...
It's gonna be Funky or K. Rool. If it's K. Rool, then he's in. If it's Funky, he's not. End of story.

Pretty much this. I'm leaning towards K Rool though. Why would they be so secretive if it were just another kong?

I'm pretty sure it's because Retro themselves haven't decided who it's going to be. In one of the last interviews where they talked about the fourth character, they really sounded less like it was a secret they were hiding and more like they didn't actually know who it was going to be.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#22donkey_kong_jr_Posted 7/27/2013 6:47:55 PM
Ari917 posted...
donkey_kong_jr_ posted...
It'll probably be DK Jr, Funky, or Kiddy. I heavily doubt any of these will have a chance of being a playable character in this.

I think it's confirmed to not be Kiddy, so it's either DK Jr. Funky or even King K. Rool pulling an enemy mine.

It'd be nice if it was K. Rool, but the secret character was implied to be a Kong in an interview as far as I remember.
#23donkey_kong_jr_Posted 7/27/2013 6:52:58 PM
Belmont_92 posted...
Donkey Kong Jr. Is the Donkey Kong we have today (since Donkey Kong Country), Cranky was the original Donkey Kong.

So DK Jr. Should be out of the question, leaving Funky, possibly K. Rool or an odd Kong like Lankey or Chunky which I doubt.

Probably going to be Funky.

Cranky was the original DK, but the current DK is his grandson. This would mean that DK Jr. is Cranky's son and the current DK's father, so... Then again, the Kong family tree isn't exactly consistent...
#24clawshot52Posted 7/27/2013 7:06:49 PM
sterlingtyger posted...
Davidk92 posted...
Belmont_92 posted...
Donkey Kong Jr. Is the Donkey Kong we have today (since Donkey Kong Country), Cranky was the original Donkey Kong.

So DK Jr. Should be out of the question, leaving Funky, possibly K. Rool or an odd Kong like Lankey or Chunky which I doubt.

Probably going to be Funky.

Actually, Nintendo have never been quite clear on the subject.

I'd actually like a game with DK, Cranky and DK Jr, just to really confuse the fans.

http://banzaiscanon.webs.com/Koopa_Kronicle/Continuity-Related_Features/Grandpappy_Cranky.html

Good gravy, reading from that website gives me a headache. I was going to assume it was from the mid-90s until I saw it reference Brawl. That site's creator could learn a lesson from Maddox on how to do old-school minimalist web design without being nearly unreadable.
---
Signature.
#25JimmyFraskaPosted 7/27/2013 7:19:37 PM
I am enamored with Rare games and DKC, but I honestly think Donkey and Diddy are good enough. I wouldn't want any more. Just keep those two forever.
#26NewMoonShadowPosted 7/27/2013 7:32:23 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
Old canon doesnt matter anymore as far as nintendo is concerned. Cranky is now the current DK's grandfather. The current Dk and Jr have appeared in games together as well, i doubt nintendo even really cares enough about all that past lore anyway.
Im betting and hoping its DK jr

As far as Nintendo's concerned the entire concept of "canon" is inconsequential. They prefer to be able to change or alter it at will to suit whatever they feel like doing in the game. Hell the Mario games are less "sequels" and more "retellings" of the same sequence of events over and over again. Occasionally their second-party studios like Retro and Intelligent Systems will decide to try to make a real canon with franchises like Metroid and Paper Mario, but Nintendo really couldn't give a crap less about the whole concept.
#27KlRBEHPosted 7/27/2013 7:55:42 PM
It's going to be Mario
---
http://i.imgur.com/fUaBI.jpg
I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DERE KIRBEH
#28Ari917Posted 7/27/2013 8:05:21 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...
Old canon doesnt matter anymore as far as nintendo is concerned. Cranky is now the current DK's grandfather. The current Dk and Jr have appeared in games together as well, i doubt nintendo even really cares enough about all that past lore anyway.
Im betting and hoping its DK jr

As far as Nintendo's concerned the entire concept of "canon" is inconsequential. They prefer to be able to change or alter it at will to suit whatever they feel like doing in the game. Hell the Mario games are less "sequels" and more "retellings" of the same sequence of events over and over again. Occasionally their second-party studios like Retro and Intelligent Systems will decide to try to make a real canon with franchises like Metroid and Paper Mario, but Nintendo really couldn't give a crap less about the whole concept.

Eh, even before Retro Metroid had a canon timeline and it's one of the few that sticks to it. Pokémon also has one and is surprisingly consistent with it.
---
Official Wyvern Lord of the Awakening Board
#29KingofAwesome69Posted 7/27/2013 8:09:48 PM
If I am a fan of whoever the fourth character is, the fourth character is a shoo-in because they are in Tropical Freeze.
#30Sygma01Posted 7/28/2013 8:48:43 PM
Belmont_92 posted...

But then...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/994855_171486489700247_2092893081_n.jpg

None of it makes sense...