If Link and Ike were to get into a fight, who would win?

#1achimedPosted 7/27/2013 6:15:55 PM
Link or Ike? - Results (585 votes)
Ike
37.78% (221 votes)
Link
62.22% (364 votes)
This poll is now closed.
And don't say "Ike because he killed Ashera the Goddess" because Ragnell was the reason he could. Same with Link, Ganon, and the Master Sword. If Ike had no Ragnell and Link had no Master Sword, they would have both been beaten by their respective enemies, so leave the weapons out of this.

If they both had just regular swords, who would win? Down to technique, not their super duper swords.

My vote goes to Ike, seeing as he fought through two wars and is thr leadet of a professional mercenary group. He didn't get that title for no reason. But I think Link would give him some trouble.
---
Do you see the world in different colors? Do you see the world in black and gray?
#2quinfordmacPosted 7/27/2013 6:19:54 PM
Link could lock-on and has a great ranged arsenal. If Ike gets too close, though, this one is for Ike.
---
Not changing this signature until the Cleveland Browns win a super bowl, most likely never. Signed 4/24/13
#3DarksamuszPosted 7/27/2013 6:48:31 PM
Link. No question.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#4Majora787Posted 7/27/2013 6:51:24 PM
Ike, considering Link mostly only has experience with Ganondorf and relatively small groups of monsters.

Ike on the other hand fights entire armies of people and monsters using everything from bows, axes, swords, spears... has also taken out an actual god, as opposed to something god-like.

Plus, Ike's evasion is kind of ridiculous. More than Link can really say.
---
Mad? OM > SM. How about now?
#5DiabIoPosted 7/27/2013 7:02:50 PM
Assuming you're talking a straight sword duel, Ike ****ing wrecks Link and it's not even funny.

If they can both use a full inventory of other ****, Link ****ing wrecks Ike and it's not even funny.
---
Call me Dimentio or Diab(lo). http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Dimentio.gif
Winner of the first Pokemon Black and White Social Board user tournament.
#6SoulstigerPosted 7/27/2013 7:04:38 PM(edited)
DiabIo posted...
Assuming you're talking a straight sword duel, Ike ****ing wrecks Link and it's not even funny.

If they can both use a full inventory of other ****, Link ****ing wrecks Ike and it's not even funny.

Link throws an armored Goron in TP without any magic boosts. With magic boosts he has thrown a pillar that is calculated to be around 1000+ tons.

Edit: a 10 ft tall armored goron.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png
#7Bullet_PunchPosted 7/27/2013 7:06:01 PM
DiabIo posted...

Pretty much this.

Majora787 posted...
Ike, considering Link mostly only has experience with Ganondorf and relatively small groups of monsters.

Ike on the other hand fights entire armies of people and monsters using everything from bows, axes, swords, spears...

This is also a really good point. Link has very little experience fighting against actual people. At least outside of Smash Brothers.
---
VGM of the Day: Earthbound (Mother 2) - Pokey Means Business
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gW3FS_brY
#8MajesticPaladinPosted 7/27/2013 7:09:26 PM
A trained mercenary VS a boy who excels in multiple weaponry. Hard choice, but if I had to choose, Link. I say Link do to him being able to adapt to his surrounds with his arsenal of weapons.
---
Perfectionist.
#9SoulstigerPosted 7/27/2013 7:09:54 PM
Bullet_Punch posted...
DiabIo posted...

Pretty much this.

Majora787 posted...

Ike on the other hand fights entire armies of people and monsters using everything from bows, axes, swords, spears...

This is also a really good point. Link has very little experience fighting against actual people. At least outside of Smash Brothers.

Because fighting monsters means he doesn't have experience. Tons of his enemies use standard weapons, not to mention he has been taught by other heroes of time. (TP the suit of armor) And has bested Ganondorf he is an expert swordsman. He couldn't have sealed Ganondorf without the MS, but he wouldn't be able to land any blows with the MS if he was some subpar swordsman.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png
#10Majora787Posted 7/27/2013 7:15:08 PM
Soulstiger posted...
Bullet_Punch posted...
DiabIo posted...

Pretty much this.

Majora787 posted...

Because fighting monsters means he doesn't have experience. Tons of his enemies use standard weapons, not to mention he has been taught by other heroes of time. (TP the suit of armor) And has bested Ganondorf he is an expert swordsman. He couldn't have sealed Ganondorf without the MS, but he wouldn't be able to land any blows with the MS if he was some subpar swordsman.

Let's pretend that 20 moblins with spears and 200 armed soldiers with swords, axes, ballistas, magic, spears, AND the ability to turn into dragons tigers and lions provide the same amount of combat experience.

Even if it was 200 to 200, an army of enemy humans of all kinds is going to give more experience than moblins, dodongos, and stalfos.
---
Mad? OM > SM. How about now?