This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Olimar vs Pikachu(Canon)

#21WebBowserPosted 7/28/2013 1:17:20 PM
Depends on a lot of things.

1. Does Pikachu have a way to shake off pikmin? Electric attacks would not work due to yellow pikmin immunity, so if that's all Pikachu has, he is screwed if Olimar lands a few Pikmin on him.

2. How agile can Pikachu be when dealing with such a small enemy? Is he agile enough to avoid Olimar's pikmin attacks? Depending on how quickly he can turn and stuff will make a significant difference in the battle, Olimar does not do well against enemies who are both huge and swift/agile, in fact he does not do well against swift/agile enemies in general.

3. How large is the battlefield in question? Bigger battlefields will confer a significant advantage to Pikachu, as it allows him to play keep away. He will probably not be able to attack from too far away because Olimar's suit is fused with a "dream material" (aka rubber eraser) and he will likely have an army of yellow pikmin at his disposal, but the ability to put some distance between Pikachu and Olimar will still be a win for Pikachu.

4. Will Olimar have access to his onions? Reinforcements, especially yellow pikmin could make a huge difference in the fight, especially if Pikachu finds a way to kill off yellows in noticeable amounts.

5. If Olimar does have such access, can Pikachu destroy them? Onions have been known to spend the night in low orbit, and have been shown to be able to take hits from things like slow moving, multiple inches in circumference boulders, the bite of a Fiery Bulborb, and the peck of a Snageret, basically rendering it invincible in Olimar's rather limited scope. Pikachu, however, packs a fair bit more power then any of those things, soooooooo, dunno.

6. It is worth mentioning that Olimar's suit is also fused with the armor of a white plastic Gundam, conferring him significant resistance to bite and crush attacks, such as Pikachu stepping on him. To put this into perspective, the bite of a Pilated Snageret will chunk about half of his hp pre-upgrade, post-upgrade this is reduced to about 1/8th of his max hp, so the resistance is significant. However, how significant will this be if Olimar gets stepped on by something roughly twice that size? I dunno, but it is unlikely Pikachu can one shot him by merely trotting on him.

Anyway, that is my analysis. Make of it what you will.
---
Arrogance Fail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI&feature=player_embedded
#22WebBowserPosted 7/28/2013 1:47:15 PM
Did I seriously write all that for nothing?
---
Arrogance Fail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYso30L9zI&feature=player_embedded
#23SoulstigerPosted 7/28/2013 1:58:14 PM
WebBowser posted...

No, not if we are talking about just a Pikachu. Though, Pikachu has a significant arsenal of non electrical moves doesn't he?

However, Ash's Pikachu doesn't care about immunity or what should be a significant power difference. He one shots Rhydon's using Thunder and resists things that control Reshiram.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png
#24WebBowserPosted 7/28/2013 3:12:18 PM
Soulstiger posted...
WebBowser posted...

No, not if we are talking about just a Pikachu. Though, Pikachu has a significant arsenal of non electrical moves doesn't he?

However, Ash's Pikachu doesn't care about immunity or what should be a significant power difference. He one shots Rhydon's using Thunder and resists things that control Reshiram.

hmmm, yeah. I am using generic Pikachu for the following reasons though.

1. I don't care for the anime. It frequently ignores well established rules of pokemon for story telling purposes, and the main character is unlikably arrogant, it is very difficult to like a show/game when you dislike the main character.

2. From what little I have seen of the show, it fails to place any real boundaries on Pikachu's power. I am not super familiar with the anime, but it is super difficult to do canon battles with chars that do not have these limits and/or have limits that I am not aware of.

3. Generic Pikachu, on the other hand, has very well defined strengths and weaknesses, not to mention that I am far more familiar with generic Pikachu as opposed to Ash's Pikachu.

4. Olimar is a video game character, furthermore, almost all of his achievements have occurred during actual gameplay, as opposed to cutscenes. This puts a limit on how over the top his capabilities are, no roasting an entire flock of Spearow with one thundershock or OHKOing Kyogre for this guy, dunno why Pikachu should be allowed those same things.

5. Matchup between Ash's Pikachu and Olimar would be boring, just because of how OP Ash's Pikachu is. Generic Pikachu vs. Olimar is far more interesting.

To answer your other question, Pikachu does have an arsenal of non-elec attacks. Whether or not you can call it significant is an open debate though. If we stick to purely moves that are learned via level up (aka, a wild Pikachu) we only get two non-electric offensive moves, quick attack and slam. Slam is a relatively low accuracy but powerful move. Due to Olimar's size and the fact that his main tactic is to dodge well telegraphed attacks like this and counterattack, it is probably not a great move for this fight. Quick attack is far more troublesome. While Olimar is not likely to be killed by a single quick attack due to his rather absurd plastic action figure infused space suit, his Pikmin do not share that durability. Without some form of cover, Pikachu could wipe out half an army or more with a well placed quick attack. Without Pikmin, Olimar's offensive options are limited to running around at surprisingly high speeds and punching with a pitifully low range punch attack. Without some form of sustain, this is doomed to failure because while Pikachu is not bulky by any means, he is not so frail that Olimar can hope to win via attrition without access to reinforcements.
---
#25ShadowLifeFormPosted 7/28/2013 3:24:28 PM
Video Game Pikachu, Red's Pikachu, Ash/Satoshi's Pikachu, or Pokemon Special Red's Pikachu?
---
Ultimate Victory.
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/2116/q3qe.png
#26WebBowserPosted 7/28/2013 3:25:58 PM
ShadowLifeForm posted...
Video Game Pikachu, Red's Pikachu, Ash/Satoshi's Pikachu, or Pokemon Special Red's Pikachu?

For reasons stated above, I am sticking with video game Pikachu. I am open to debate on whether you want a wild Pikachu or trained one.
---
#27CrystalKing5426Posted 7/28/2013 3:54:12 PM
Thunderbolt to kill all non yellows, then Surf to wipe them out.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#28EJWPosted 7/28/2013 3:57:37 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Thunderbolt to kill all non yellows, then Surf to wipe them out.

What took you so long?
---
Random user: Google is your friend.
Me: Google led me here now answer the damn question!!!
#29ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/28/2013 4:33:45 PM
Soulstiger posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
I'm pretty sure some of the Pikmin bosses are Pikachu sized, and yellow Pikmin wod be immune. Olimar.

Pikachu used Thunderbolt. *everyone but the yellows die, because we all know that Pikachu doesn't routinely ignore immunities all together, oh wait... Rhydon.... the yellows are dead too.* /topic

Canon

No, we don't consider Anime as canon.

Olimar probably stands a chance against all of the smaller Pokemon and ROB. Kirby as a super hard secret boss.
---
You can beat 'em up by any means or blow them all to SMITHEREENS, a favorite of this sentient machine!
#30CrystalKing5426Posted 7/28/2013 4:33:51 PM
Actually, a much better matchup would be Olimar vs. Joltik.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board