This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Olimar vs Pikachu(Canon)

#31ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/28/2013 4:35:47 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Thunderbolt to kill all non yellows, then Surf to wipe them out.

This only happens if said Pikachu is one of the few with Surf.
---
You can beat 'em up by any means or blow them all to SMITHEREENS, a favorite of this sentient machine!
#32ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/28/2013 4:41:40 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Variasi posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
Can't the gun on Olimars spaceship blow up stars?

Supposedly.

Also, to everyone saying Pikachu can just use any move and win, Olimar's suit is electricity-resistant if this battle takes place after Pikmin 2. (and fire-proof and poison-proof...) It wouldn't hurt him a bit.

He should be pretty skilled at dodging Pikachu's stomps as well; a lot of Pikmin bosses are around or maybe just a liiiittle bit smaller than how Pikachu would be to Olimar.

Quick Attack.

Isn't really a one-shot. Olimar takes a good bit of damage, but he lives. Besides, Quick Attack isn't that strong of a move, (At Pokemon scale, at Pikmin scale it hurts), so having yellows survive isn't all that unlikely.

Olimar may have access to Potions.

Purple Pikmin are also very potent, and can hurt enemies much larger than Olimar. Even if Pikachu goes for an Electric 1HKO, he'll still be hurt from the onslaught. Olimar is best suited then to attack with yellows, which Pikachu will have difficulty attacking. He'll try to shake them off, then go for an Iron Tail. a guaranteed kill. Still, it's overall range is limited, and it won't kill waves of Pikmin quickly.
---
You can beat 'em up by any means or blow them all to SMITHEREENS, a favorite of this sentient machine!
#33SoulstigerPosted 7/28/2013 5:20:38 PM(edited)
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Soulstiger posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
I'm pretty sure some of the Pikmin bosses are Pikachu sized, and yellow Pikmin wod be immune. Olimar.

Pikachu used Thunderbolt. *everyone but the yellows die, because we all know that Pikachu doesn't routinely ignore immunities all together, oh wait... Rhydon.... the yellows are dead too.* /topic

Canon

No, we don't consider Anime as canon.

Olimar probably stands a chance against all of the smaller Pokemon and ROB. Kirby as a super hard secret boss.

Mew is a "smaller" pokemon.

Edit: As is Jirachi.
Edit2:Also, lol, Kirby is recognized as one of the most powerful Nintendo heroes, due to his ability to gain power based on who he is fighting.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png
#34ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/28/2013 5:24:02 PM
Soulstiger posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Soulstiger posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...
I'm pretty sure some of the Pikmin bosses are Pikachu sized, and yellow Pikmin wod be immune. Olimar.

Pikachu used Thunderbolt. *everyone but the yellows die, because we all know that Pikachu doesn't routinely ignore immunities all together, oh wait... Rhydon.... the yellows are dead too.* /topic

Canon

Olimar probably stands a chance against all of the smaller Pokemon and ROB. Kirby as a super hard secret boss.

Edit2:Also, lol, Kirby is recognized as one of the most powerful Nintendo heroes, due to his ability to gain power based on who he is fighting.

By smaller I mean playable smaller.

Yeah, I sort of realized how pointless it was to include Kirby. I mean, he sucks up a Purple Pikmin and solos.
---
#35SoulstigerPosted 7/28/2013 5:30:47 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Soulstiger posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Soulstiger posted...
Jacornonthecob posted...

Canon

Yeah, I sort of realized how pointless it was to include Kirby. I mean, he sucks up a Purple Pikmin and solos.

You didn't specify playable in Smash, neither did TC. He just said Olimar vs. Pikachu. We clearly weren't using smash as a reference either, due to the Canon tag in the title.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png
#36ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/28/2013 5:34:23 PM
Soulstiger posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Soulstiger posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...
Soulstiger posted...

Canon

You didn't specify playable in Smash, neither did TC. He just said Olimar vs. Pikachu. We clearly weren't using smash as a reference either, due to the Canon tag in the title.

What?

I was just saying that I should have been more specific. We're just measuring Olimar vs. Pikachu, and I claimed that Olimar could also stand a chance against all of the smaller (Playable) Pokemon in addition to R.O.B. They would all be difficult battles, but they would be winnable.
---
#37Redjoker777Posted 7/28/2013 5:36:55 PM
olimar. electricity is useless.
---
Loshadt-"There are times when I wish I were capable of hating people to death."
#38LUlGIPosted 7/28/2013 5:45:11 PM(edited)
in addition to R.O.B.

Didn't a ROB just casually shake all of Olimar's Pikmin off in the SSE? >_>

Plus, it's kind of hard to beat a robot by slapping it with leaves or throwing pebbles at it.

But Pikachu knows more than just electrical attacks.

He also knows how to step on small creatures.
---
M&M: Mahvel & Melee
3DS FC: 4725 7977 1418
#39SoulstigerPosted 7/28/2013 6:07:14 PM
LUlGI posted...
in addition to R.O.B.

Didn't a ROB just casually shake all of Olimar's Pikmin off in the SSE? >_>

Plus, it's kind of hard to beat a robot by slapping it with leaves or throwing pebbles at it.

But Pikachu knows more than just electrical attacks.

He also knows how to step on small creatures.

That was the massive R.O.B. that Falcon punches.
---
#40NeonivekPosted 7/28/2013 6:10:26 PM
Olimar is both the underdog and the main character of his game.

He wins.

It doesn't matter what Pikachu can do.