This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Donkey Kong vs. Knuckles (Canon)

#21stfn12345Posted 7/28/2013 3:14:21 PM
What y'all need to keep in mind is the target demographic. Donkey Kong has always just been a game. It's meant to be fun and that's it. Sonic, on the other hand, has always pandered to prepubescent boys who like their games too be cool, so obviously Knuckles is going to have more absurd overpowered abilities. Frankly, most Sonic characters would win against most other game characters because that's what appeals to it's audience. Weakness in characters isn't cool, it's far too mature of a concept for the likes of Sonic.
#22Scorpion122178Posted 7/28/2013 3:15:33 PM
DK's bigger, stronger, and faster too....
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Fire Emblem Awakening, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#23BloodPumpPosted 7/28/2013 3:18:21 PM
...and the first member of the DK crew, right?
---
*In Memory of Chip & Jack*
Not Changing This Sig Until Kharma wins the World Heavyweight Championship ~ 4/24/12
#24Bullet_PunchPosted 7/28/2013 3:20:19 PM
stfn12345 posted...
What y'all need to keep in mind is the target demographic. Donkey Kong has always just been a game. It's meant to be fun and that's it. Sonic, on the other hand, has always pandered to prepubescent boys who like their games too be cool, so obviously Knuckles is going to have more absurd overpowered abilities. Frankly, most Sonic characters would win against most other game characters because that's what appeals to it's audience. Weakness in characters isn't cool, it's far too mature of a concept for the likes of Sonic.

I would give you a high-five, but we're kind of separated by a wall of internet, so I cant.
---
VGM of the Day: Ghosts N' Goblins - Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i9l5_1MmB4
#25capturinggod200Posted 7/28/2013 3:27:04 PM
yeah that's why sonic games are rated E10 right as in Everyone 10 and up.

so caters to 10 to 12 year old boys right? What about girls and adults who play sonic games huh?
#26LUlGIPosted 7/28/2013 3:29:25 PM

What? Sonic characters do have weaknesses, just as much as say....some Mario characters would.
You seem like you're just trying to sound extremely edgy in your post.

And let's face it, Sega has pretty much dropped Sonic's whole "f**** yeah, look at me, I'm awesome!" gig around in 2007-2008.
Now he's more related to that of a cheesy saturday morning cartoon.
---
M&M: Mahvel & Melee
3DS FC: 4725 7977 1418
#27KingTumbleweedPosted 7/28/2013 3:31:23 PM
capturinggod200 posted...

so caters to 10 to 12 year old boys right? What about girls and adults who play sonic games huh?

You don't get it, do you? Caters to means the developers make the game with this demographic in mind. Adults can play, it just means they aren't getting any adult themes. Don't get so defensive, I love Sonic games and know it's true.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#28stfn12345Posted 7/28/2013 3:38:46 PM
KingTumbleweed posted...
capturinggod200 posted...

You don't get it, do you? Caters to means the developers make the game with this demographic in mind. Adults can play, it just means they aren't getting any adult themes. Don't get so defensive, I love Sonic games and know it's true.

Yeah, anyone can play, but they're meant to be geared towards young boys. I play Sonic games too. They're finally good again and I couldn't be happier. But if you honestly think they're supposed to be cheesy because it's satire or Saturday morning cartoon whatever then you're kidding yourself. They feel like a cheesy Saturday morning cartoon because both are aiming towards young boys and that's what they think is cool. I mean, just listen to the godawful cheesy rock songs that are a staple of the series these days. Nobody in their right mind but a kid could ever legitimately like that music in any way that isn't ironic.
#29EJWPosted 7/28/2013 3:42:04 PM
Well, DK did beat up Dread Kong, Karate Kong, Ninja Kong, and Sumo Kong all using his own abilites in Jungle Beat and they're all freaking insane. Hell, he fought Sumo Kong on a meteor headed towards Earth.

As I said before, I believe DK can hold his own against Knuckles. Not saying he would win (or vise versa), but I am saying it's not going to be that simple of a fight.
---
Random user: Google is your friend.
Me: Google led me here now answer the damn question!!!
#30Flamemaster96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 3:43:15 PM
EJW posted...
Well, DK did beat up Dread Kong, Karate Kong, Ninja Kong, and Sumo Kong all using his own abilites in Jungle Beat and they're all freaking insane. Hell, he fought Sumo Kong on a meteor headed towards Earth.

As I said before, I believe DK can hold his own against Knuckles. Not saying he would win (or vise versa), but I am saying it's not going to be that simple of a fight.

Lol well that took long enough.
---
Created 6/20/2013
This sig will not change until a 3D King of Fighters & Samurai Shodown is announced!