Single-rep roster!

#1SuperUsername64Posted 7/28/2013 5:13:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NOdWPmM.png

I always thought it would be interesting if Smash had gone the PSAS route and featured only one rep per series, but could include more series as a result. So I wanted to see what a roster like that would look like by now.

I didn't want to include all four third-party characters at first, but in the end I felt that they fit nicely in the wake of so many series.

Also, I was considering adding Bubbles from Clu Clu Land, but I wouldn't do that to you guys.
#2Belmont_92Posted 7/28/2013 5:17:13 PM
Actually if Smash went or started on this route I'd be pretty ok with it. I would only miss Zelda a lot, and some of my most wanted newcomers are new series reps like Saki and Shulk. Also as I learn more about Captain Rainbow, I kind of want him too.
---
The Official Astaroth of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#3NinjaNomad196Posted 7/28/2013 5:18:06 PM
Not preferred, but I'd still buy the game and play it all day (Pit is still in and so is Little Mac, Fox, and Samus).
---
I'd die of joy if these people were in Smash:
Prince Fluff, Kid Niki, Urban Champion, Sylux, BomberMan, El Fuerte, Beat, and Little Mac.
#4Rayquaza487Posted 7/28/2013 5:22:13 PM
Fox over Falco and Kirby over Meta Knight!? Fail roster

0/10
---
Official Rayquaza of the Super Smash Bros. boards
I'm going to delete my account if Ridley is CONFIRMED for SSB4! ;P
#5KingTumbleweedPosted 7/28/2013 5:23:37 PM
I see a Ray model so I'm happy.
---
You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my clone! - SSB for Wii U.
Official Ferrothorn of Pokemon X/Y boards.
#6KurtExpressPosted 7/28/2013 5:26:18 PM
I applaud!
Great Job~ I'd only miss Peach, Zelda, Ridley, Palutena, Metaknight, Luigi and Impa.
3 Newcomers there ^
It's just missing Mallo and Nintendog from 2 other popular series.
---
Mewtwo, Villager, WFT, Megaman, Little Mac, K. Rool, Palutena, Chrom, Ridley, Isaac, Saki, Lip, ???, Pac-Man/Snake and Mii for Wii U/3DS
#7sterlingtygerPosted 7/29/2013 8:33:47 AM
I'd miss Sheik, but besides that it's cool.

That said, if I were to do this, I'd make it retroactive.

For example...
http://i.imgur.com/hz7qVtr.png
SSB64- Luigi and Jigglypuff cut, Little Mac and Marth in their place.

http://i.imgur.com/Ye3eaVL.png
SSBM- Clones axed altogether in favor of a lone extra character. Luigi and Jigglypuff retroactively absent for Little Mac and Marth. Bowser, Peach, Mewtwo and Zelda axed. Newcomers from 64 total Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Pit, R.O.B., Olimar(to represent the Gamecube in a Roy kind of way), Ray 01, Ryota Hayami(Wave Race was p dang popular back then, yo), and Isaac(to represent and advertise the GBA in the same way.)

http://i.imgur.com/Zel13p6.png
SSBB- Luigi, Jigglypuff, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Ganondorf and Falco are all retroactively absent. Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Metaknight, King Dedede, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Ike and Lucas are all cut. Little Mac, Pit, ROB, Olimar, Ray 01, Ryota Hayami and Isaac are all retroactively present. Newcomers are Wario, Takamaru, Saki, Muddy Mole, Lip, Starfy, Chibi-Robo, Mach Rider, Villager, Nintendog, Mokka, Andy, Snake, Sonic and Mega Man.

10 more for the new game, including Wii Fit Trainer as an obligation...
http://i.imgur.com/a8IG6L2.png
Mii, Wii Fit Trainer, Wonder Red(mentally replace Captain Rainbow with Wonder Red, I forgot he exists for a moment), Sheriff, Duck Hunt Dog, Tempo, Dillon, Shulk, Pac-Man, Bayonetta.

Something like this, y'know?

... I wouldn't be happy with this personally, because there's so damn few female characters. Seriously, there's Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, Lip and Bayonetta, and that's it. Man the tiny, tiny amount of franchises with female main characters makes me sad. :( Oh well.
Also Sheik is my favorite in Brawl and while Mokka and Tempo and Bayonetta and Villager and Isaac and Muddy Mole are all in and that makes me happy and such, it's still lame cause of no Zelda or Peach or Mewtwo or Metaknight or Ridley or Palutena.

But yeah
#8DrOrpheus42Posted 7/29/2013 9:07:19 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
... I wouldn't be happy with this personally, because there's so damn few female characters. Seriously, there's Wii Fit Trainer, Samus, Lip and Bayonetta, and that's it. Man the tiny, tiny amount of franchises with female main characters makes me sad. :( Oh well.

It's your own fault for forgetting to include Alexandra!

Seriously, somebody gives a what-if scenario where all franchises are given an equal opportunity for representation, and everybody still forgets about Eternal Darkness?

;___;

...Also, you could throw in Ryota's sister Akari for some 1080 representation if you really wanted. And Jill from Drill Dozer. Maybe one of the girl pilots from PilotWings 64, but I think the 3 guys from that game would probably make better PilotWings reps. And I guess... well, there's Alice from Balloon Kid, but... most people would probably prefer a generic Balloon Fighter anyway. You could also go the wacky Wii Fit Trainer route and throw in Oceana from Endless Ocean or something. And I think there's a female lead in that Trace Memory game from that second-party company that went under, but... I've got no idea what she'd do.

...Yeah, it's pretty weak on solid female choices. But seriously, if you're considering a single-rep roster like this, you've just gotta put Alexandra in!
#9sterlingtygerPosted 7/29/2013 9:46:42 AM
DrOrpheus42 posted...
sterlingtyger posted...

It's your own fault for forgetting to include Alexandra!

Seriously, somebody gives a what-if scenario where all franchises are given an equal opportunity for representation, and everybody still forgets about Eternal Darkness?

;___;

...Also, you could throw in Ryota's sister Akari for some 1080 representation if you really wanted. And Jill from Drill Dozer. Maybe one of the girl pilots from PilotWings 64, but I think the 3 guys from that game would probably make better PilotWings reps. And I guess... well, there's Alice from Balloon Kid, but... most people would probably prefer a generic Balloon Fighter anyway. You could also go the wacky Wii Fit Trainer route and throw in Oceana from Endless Ocean or something. And I think there's a female lead in that Trace Memory game from that second-party company that went under, but... I've got no idea what she'd do.

...Yeah, it's pretty weak on solid female choices. But seriously, if you're considering a single-rep roster like this, you've just gotta put Alexandra in!

True. Oh, and there's Ayumi Tachibana. But realistically considering what Sakurai and Nintendo would do... things look bleak.