Roster: Rot8er_ConeX

#1Rot8er_ConeXPosted 7/28/2013 5:36:15 PM
What is a "TrigAlt"? Certain characters, by hovering over their icon and holding a certain trigger button (Wiimote's B, 3DS's L, gamepad's ZL) while selecting them, will give you an alternate character.

Mario (TrigAlt: FLUDD Mario) — costumes include Fire Mario, Ice Mario, and one with a lime green shirt and cap and red overalls
Luigi (TrigAlt: Poltergust Luigi) — costumes include the four from Dark Moon's multiplayer mode
Peach (TrigAlt: Daisy) — costumes include one based on her 8-bit coloration. One of Daisy's costumes is in black-and-white
Toad — costumes include Yellow Toad, Blue Toad, Mailtoad, Banktoad, Toadette, and Toadbert
Bowser — costumes include Dark Bowser
Dr. Mario (TrigAlt: Paper Mario)

Donkey Kong (TrigAlt: Chunky Kong)
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Link (TrigAlt: Toon Link) — costumes include the four from Four Swords
Masker Link — switches between Deku, Goron, and Zora; Final Smash is Feirce Diety Link
Zelda/Shiek (TrigAlt: Tetra)
Ganondorf

Samus (Metroid should get more reps, but the series doesn't really have any to do. Ridley'd be too powerful)

Captain Falcon

Ness
Lucas

Yoshi (TrigAlt: Birdo) — costumes include all the colors from Yoshi's Island, plus Black and White
Kamek

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight — less powerful than in SSBB

Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pikachu (TrigAlt: Pichu)
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo (TrigAlt: Lucario)
Pokιmon Trainer (TrigAlt: Trainer Two — has starters from a later game-pair)
Deoxys

Marth
Roy
Ike

Ice Climbers

Wario (TrigAlt: Waluigi) — has two "wardrobes", one based on his Bros. look and one on his Warioware biker look

Pit — costumes include Dark Pit
Lady Paletina

Pikmin Captain — costumes include Olimar, Louie, and the four new captains

Bomberman

Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Wii Fit Trainer

Snake
Sonic (TrigAlt: Tails) — costumes include Shadow
Pac-Man — costumes include colors for each of the ghosts, plus Ms. Pac-Man
Megaman
Pheonix Wright (TrigAlt: Prof. Layton)

Mii (TrigAlt: Faces of Nintendo — costumes include Miyamoto, Reggie, Iwata, and Sakurai)

Total: 49 (64 including TrigAlts; yes them both being perfect squares was deliberate) — arranged in a 3x17 rectangle, with two random slots, one in each of the lower two corners. Mii is in the exact center, with the Wii U's blue U logo as the character preview. TrigAlt'ing the left random slot includes the TrigAlt characters in its selection. TrigAlt'ing the right allows you to pick a subset of the characters (max of eight), from which it will randomly pick

Note that this list's values are determined somewhat by my desires, somewhat by my judgement of likelyhoods. This does not take into account what Sakurai may or may not have said (for example, anything about Namco characters).

Note that any character seen in a previous SSB game is on this list, either as a character or a TempAlt (with the exception of Young Link, who is kinda covered by Toon Link and kinda by Masker Link)
---
I am on GameFAQs until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#2Dinoman96Posted 7/28/2013 5:38:08 PM
hmmm, no little mac?

you included the other two characters that were leaked (mii and pacman) from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996
---
wargle gargle
#3Rot8er_ConeX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 5:43:20 PM
Dinoman96 posted...
hmmm, no little mac?

you included the other two characters that were leaked (mii and pacman) from here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Little Mac was confirmed? I thought that was just people wishing. Well then...replace Toad with him; Toad was just a character to bump the total up to a perfect square.

As for me including Mii and Pac-Man, they were just my judgement of likely characters. Miis because they've become a Nintendo staple, Pac-Man because Namco's on the development.
---
I am on GameFAQs until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#4SushiCake3644Posted 7/30/2013 7:28:32 AM
Rot8er_ConeX posted...
Dinoman96 posted...
hmmm, no little mac?

Little Mac was confirmed? I thought that was just people wishing. Well then...replace Toad with him; Toad was just a character to bump the total up to a perfect square.

As for me including Mii and Pac-Man, they were just my judgement of likely characters. Miis because they've become a Nintendo staple, Pac-Man because Namco's on the development.

No, Toad's chance is higher than Little Mac's. What can Little Mac do? Oh right, throw punches. And just because the leak got 3 characters right doesn't mean it's 100% correct, so as of today, Little Mac is not confirmed. If anything, Little Mac should replace Dr.Mario.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5000-1894-6879
#5ecylisPosted 7/30/2013 7:30:45 AM
I'd thought I'd seen it all

I guess Paletina needs to be added to the list of Palutena misspellings
#6Rot8er_ConeX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:20:17 AM
SushiCake3644 posted...
Rot8er_ConeX posted...
Dinoman96 posted...
hmmm, no little mac?

No, Toad's chance is higher than Little Mac's. What can Little Mac do? Oh right, throw punches. And just because the leak got 3 characters right doesn't mean it's 100% correct, so as of today, Little Mac is not confirmed. If anything, Little Mac should replace Dr.Mario.

.....Exlain to me the connection between Little Mac and Paper Mario that would make people think to TrigAlt his space to get Paper Mario.

But actually, I've got an updated version. Topic titled "Rot8er's Roster: Redux".
---
#7ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/30/2013 8:22:25 AM
SushiCake3644 posted...
Rot8er_ConeX posted...
Dinoman96 posted...
hmmm, no little mac?

That is an idiotic statement. Little Mac is perfectly worthy of a moveset if ROB and Villager are viable candidates for moveset potential.
---
You can beat 'em up by any means or blow them all to SMITHEREENS, a favorite of this sentient machine!