Post your most wanted Newcomer, and I'll try to come up with a unique property.

#1PunkNeverDiesPosted 7/29/2013 9:16:32 AM
Hi y'all!

I was looking at the thread about making each character unique, and it got me thinking about some different mechanics, gimmicks, and properties that could help make each character unique and better represent the franchises and gameplay they come from. I felt like challenging my creativity muscles, so I made this topic -- even though I might come to regret it later. I'll tackle these in posted order. . . I might not get to them right away, work and life exist, but I will do my best to get them all done.

Rules are simple, post your most wanted newcomer and I'll try to come up with something that makes them unique. It might be a huge playstyle changing thing, kind of like Olimar and Pikmin were in Brawl, or might just be a simple property or mechanic, kind of like DK being able to carry opponents with his grab. I'll try to keep it as true-to-character as possible.

Standard eligibility rules apply: The character must have originated from a Videogame, and the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform at least once.

Finally, I'm not 100% familiar with every character from every franchise ever. I'll put some research time in, but if I'm not 100% sure on a character, I'll post so when I come up with the mechanic -- and I'll ask for crowd suggestions.

Because I'm only one man, I can't promise every single one of these will blow you away -- some might actually seem like cop-outs. If you have a better suggestion, feel free to post it.

Fire away!
---
GT: PNDMike
#27lightsXIIIPosted 7/29/2013 9:18:26 AM
Chrom from Fire Emblem.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Chrom, Lucina, Shulk, Megaman, Toon Zelda for SSB4
#3Dinoman96Posted 7/29/2013 9:19:47 AM
palutena.
---
wargle gargle
#4Pyromaniac RoyPosted 7/29/2013 9:20:46 AM
Captain N.

He didn't originate from a video game, but he's a Nintendo character regardless.
---
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.
Playstation Network: kaosuroi | Nintendo Network: pitaya
#5Totes-My-BoatsPosted 7/29/2013 9:22:02 AM
Ridley
#6albertojz356Posted 7/29/2013 9:22:27 AM
Pauline
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#7Rot8er_ConeXPosted 7/29/2013 9:23:09 AM
I wanna see a Majora's Mask Link that switches between Zora, Goron, and Deku Scrub, with the Final Smash being Fierce Diety Link.

However, since that idea kinda already has a special ability, I'll go with.....Bomberman.
---
I am on GameFAQs until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#8quinfordmacPosted 7/29/2013 9:23:55 AM
Issac
---
Not changing this signature until the Cleveland Browns win a super bowl, most likely never. Signed 4/24/13
#9PunkNeverDies(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 10:07:37 AM
7lightsXIII posted...
Chrom from Fire Emblem.

One aspect of Fire Emblem that is incredibly important is Promotions. Chrom in particular, when he promotes to Great Lord from Lord he becomes beefier all around and gains the ability to use Lances.

To actually get a promotion, I'm thinking it could either be a comeback mechanic (When you're at your last stock, for example) or a Momentum mechanic (Taunt after you get 3 KO's, or something like that). Either way, after the conditions are met, Chrom is promoted. It can be signified with a slight palette swap, or a slightly different model or something.

Now, all of Chrom's tilts are replaced with a Lance. They have longer range and higher damage. his specials gain new properties, and overall he's just a bit beefier than he was before.

Dinoman96 posted...
palutena.

Palutena is already an amazing magic user and has a ton of potential -- but I'm not going to give up that easily >_>. One thing that really sticks out to me is the anime short were she turns the eggplant into a sentient being.

Extrapolating on that, imagine if she could turn items into minions? Maybe not all of them, but a good portion of them could be turned into Waddle Dee like minions that will just sort of wander around for a bit and then disappear. This also affects produced items like Peach's turnips or Diddiy's bananas. Heck, the power could be "turn food into minions" and it would still be a ton of fun to play. Party Balls become a much bigger threat when Palutena is on the field.

Pyromaniac Roy posted...
Captain N.

He didn't originate from a video game, but he's a Nintendo character regardless.

I'll accept Captain N.

First of all, I completely envision a moveset based on Nintendo peripherals. Power Glove, Super Scope, Zapper, Virtual Boy, and other relics of the earlier days. Beyond that, I see Captain N as more of a summoner character --Summoning Duke, his Dog, Princess Lana, and Game Boy to help out with combat, perhaps acting like an invincible Nana or just appearing for certain moves and disappearing.

His playstyle would be summon helper to distract, and then pester with projectiles or try and go for a kill move. I imagine slow startup on the summons, but decent duration and quick enough cooldown that he can act while the summon is still on the screen.

Side note, the Power Pad would make an excellent Final Smash.

Totes-My-Boats posted...
Ridley

When I think Ridley, the most iconic image I have is Ridley clutching the Metroid in his talons. We all know Ridley can make an awesome fighting, but imagine if Ridley has an air grab, somewhat similar to DK's carrying grab. He can grab a character from above and fly around a bit, dropping them wherever he likes. Obviously the character can struggle out, but this could lead to some pretty cool scenarios. Imagine Ridley air grabbing an opponent, jumping off the ledge and dropping them near the bottom, footstooling them, and then using his amazing recovery to get back. It gives him an almost Vulture like playstyle -- what that actually means, I have no idea.

albertojz356 posted...
Pauline

You are mean. . . However, I will accept the challenge. Most notably, Pauline is known for her role in the original Donkey Kong. In Donkey Kong, she lost 3 items -- her hat, her parasol, and her purse. In match, Pauline's items will randomly appear like items. If an opponent grabs one, they get points (and maybe heal like 1 oe 2%). However, if Pauline grabs them, it permanently strengthens her moveset.

ALSO Pauline can also summon Mario Minis to fight for her. They mostly plod along, giving her space to pick up her items.
---
GT: PNDMike
#10Hon_CaterpiePosted 7/29/2013 10:10:16 AM
Chibi-Robo!
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
Don't talk about the mayoral belly rubs... you'll cause a scandal! - silverdraconum