This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii Fit Trainer: Dumbest Character in the Series?

#51SirBillyNic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 10:53:33 AM
xgiraffes13x posted...
OH MY GOD YOU'RE HILARIOUS. I use plenty of logic and reasoning. By the way, please tell me what is this "blatantly obvious contradiction" in my logic?

By the way I never argued this at all, "You're trying to argue that all the casual gamers who bought WiiFit on the Wii will be lining up to buy Smash Bros 4 on the WiiU." Stop putting words in my mouth and assuming things.

Now tell me, who is right here, me or TC? -__-

Here's your 'logic and reasoning':
xgiraffes13x posted...
Wii Fit is one of the best sold games for the Wii. As of March 2012, the game has sold 22.67 million copies worldwide, and is 6th on the best-selling Wii games list. 22 million people bought the game, so it's safe to say the trainer of the game is iconic. Recognizable, famous, etc.

Here's your contradiction:
xgiraffes13x posted...
I never said selling copies made a character iconic.

and here's you asking for evidence as for why the vast majority of WiiFit Players on the Wii will not be buying Smash Bros 4:
xgiraffes13x posted...
And do you have proof in your last statement? If not, stop bashing the Wii Fit Trainer or she'll help you get fit! ...into your coffin.

Don't worry love, it's only the internet. You might look stupid now, but you've got your whole life ahead of you. Just make sure you pay attention to english classes.
#52albertojz356Posted 7/29/2013 10:53:35 AM
SirBillyNic posted...
albertojz356 posted...
She's a possessed mannequin if anything she's more appropriate for a fighting game than a generic clone with fire effects. Also look up villager, your reason = invalid.

Based on what? Your imagination? and you're claiming my reason's invalid?

Do they even still teach English in School?

What else am I communicating with French language?

No not based on my imagination but yes based on Sakurai's imagination.

Your ridiculous "at least ____" fits in a fighting game was debunked a long time ago. When you're using that excuse and forgetting about previous additions to smash bros like R.O.B, Zelda, Peach, Fox, etc it speaks volumes on how you really don't have any valid arguments against WfT.

Also lol you're using "charm" against WFT? Guess what she has it, difference is you just don't like it.

Feel the burn.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#53SirBillyNic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 10:59:16 AM
albertojz356 posted...
SirBillyNic posted...
albertojz356 posted...
She's a possessed mannequin if anything she's more appropriate for a fighting game than a generic clone with fire effects. Also look up villager, your reason = invalid.

Based on what? Your imagination? and you're claiming my reason's invalid?

Do they even still teach English in School?

What else am I communicating with French language?

No not based on my imagination but yes based on Sakurai's imagination.

Your ridiculous "at least ____" fits in a fighting game was debunked a long time ago. When you're using that excuse and forgetting about previous additions to smash bros like R.O.B, Zelda, Peach, Fox, etc it speaks volumes on how you really don't have any valid arguments against WfT.

Also lol you're using "charm" against WFT? Guess what she has it, difference is you just don't like it.

Feel the burn.

Debunked? How so? Characters like Roy & Ice Climbers fit because they're more appropriate fighting game characters, and ones like Mr Game & Watch & Rob fit because they have charm.

Also, incase you haven't realized yet, the answer to the title's question is totally subjective, just like charm is. I'm not trying to objectively state anything you peanut, you're free to answer the question 'is WiiFit Trainer the dumbest character in Smash Bros' just like all the other sensible people in this thread.

Do I need to explain what subjective means to you champ?
#54raazychxPosted 7/29/2013 11:04:01 AM
No, Wii Fit Trainer is welcome to the series.

She has a unique moveset.
She's unexpected.

And there's nothing more satisfying than beating the stuffings out of your awesome Nintendo character with a yoga instructor.
#55Gsus_94Posted 7/29/2013 11:05:25 AM
SirBillyNic posted...
Probably beating a dead horse here, but honestly, has there been a character in Smash Bros this dumb?

The Characters in this Series are meant to be iconic, or at least logical enough to warrant a spot in a fighting game like this. To me, the inclusion of Wii Fit Trainer reeks of self promotion & lack of ideas from the developers.

I believe it's quite the opposite. Her inclusion seems like they have plenty of original ideas. Unless you prefer another fox clone? Adding any other character from a series that already has like 3-4 characters would seem like a lack of ideas from the developers. I personally don't like her inclusion, but she isn't dumb. i actually appreciate the originality.
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#56SSBR10Posted 7/29/2013 11:07:18 AM(edited)
SirBillyNic posted...
As I've said before in this thread, a lot of those characters are funny & have charm as well. WiiFit Trainer is like a mannequin without any real personality.

You're basing this on emotions. You simply just don't like the character. She's no different from a lot of those other characters in the series so if you think she's a dumb choice, then...that's just you.

Hell, WiiFit Trainer isn't even so much a game as it is a fitness program.

In the end, it is still a game, no matter how it's played.
---
Little Mac, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#57albertojz356Posted 7/29/2013 11:07:03 AM
^ Debunked because regardless of "charm" or not even you've just admitted to Mr. Game&Watch. Besides a lot of people find WFT to have plenty of charm mainly for her silly quotes and that she fights with yoga mechanics, she's random and brings plenty of charm. Therefore based on this and your original argument Roy comes out losing to WFT because "fitting in fighting game" is hardly save face to all the other arguments you brought up complaining about WFT (and as I stated they fit Roy too).
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#58EvosthunderMkIIPosted 7/29/2013 11:07:22 AM
Pichu gets my vote.

Blulightning posted...
Wolf is Fox color-swap. He is uninteresting and not at all a unique or creative use of the source materials. He's a boring clone with slightly different moves. Even his appearance is only slightly tweaked from Fox. He was a pathetic excuse for a new character.

On the other hand, WFT is unique and incredibly creative use of the source materials. Both staying true to her roots (Yoga) as well as being offered as an original playable character using her Yoga techniques, which very closely resemble martial arts.

There is dramatic difference between being a slightly altered version of another character in a game where almost every character is unique, and a truly unique character from an unexpected series.

Wolf is dumb. WFT is awesome.

.... And I said we were done.
-_- Don't make me come back here again. Cause I will. You know I will.

I lol'd.
---
-Professional rustler, new and improved.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer.
#59SirBillyNic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 11:10:17 AM
Gsus_94 posted...
I believe it's quite the opposite. Her inclusion seems like they have plenty of original ideas. Unless you prefer another fox clone? Adding any other character from a series that already has like 3-4 characters would seem like a lack of ideas from the developers. I personally don't like her inclusion, but she isn't dumb. i actually appreciate the originality.

What I want are more 3rd Party Characters, but that's a debate for another day.
SSBR10 posted...
SirBillyNic posted...
As I've said before in this thread, a lot of those characters are funny & have charm as well. WiiFit Trainer is like a mannequin without any real personality.

You're basing this on emotions. You simply just don't like the character. She's no different from a lot of those other characters in the series so if you think she's a dumb choice, then...that's just you.

Hell, WiiFit Trainer isn't even so much a game as it is a fitness program.

In the end, it is still a game, no matter how it's played.

You're correct, it's totally subjective.
#60xgiraffes13xPosted 7/29/2013 11:12:53 AM
SirBillyNic posted...
Here's your 'logic and reasoning':
xgiraffes13x posted...
Wii Fit is one of the best sold games for the Wii. As of March 2012, the game has sold 22.67 million copies worldwide, and is 6th on the best-selling Wii games list. 22 million people bought the game, so it's safe to say the trainer of the game is iconic. Recognizable, famous, etc.

Here's your contradiction:
xgiraffes13x posted...
I never said selling copies made a character iconic.

Hey, maybe include the whole story. This is my whole quote --> " I never said selling copies made a character iconic. All of those people that bought the game and played it would recognize her if they (for example) were on a game show and asked, "who's this character?". '

Which was arguing her being iconic. You're simply pathetic. You put words in my mouth and leave out what I said to try to make yourself look good.
---
Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U Dream Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/nIKWnLc.png