Was it smart of Nintendo to make Smash Bros for 3DS?

#1SecretsSecretPosted 7/29/2013 2:40:49 PM
Tons of 3DS handhelds have already been sold.

Using the same roster for both has led to the Wii U version being limited.

Nintendo took one of its BEST must own titles and made it a "I can still buy it on 3DS so I don't need the Wii U version."

I feel Nintendo has really made a huge mistake here and it's going to reflect massively in sales for the Wii U version.

Sure the 3DS version is going to sell insane numbers. But the Wii U version which could have sold multiple millions of consoles. Is going to collect dust.

Going to predict it now, Super Smash Brothers for Wii U will only sell around 1 million copies.

To be successful it would need to sell around 5-10 million likes it's previous console only entries.
#2TheMarthKoopaPosted 7/29/2013 2:42:10 PM
Why would anyone buy the watered down and hideous version that you can't play with friends over the HD full-featured game that CAN be played with friends (and a better controller)?
#3EvosthunderMkIIPosted 7/29/2013 2:42:45 PM
When all else fails, make a Nintendoom thread!

Nintendo: doomed since 1889!
---
-Professional rustler, new and improved.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer.
#4SecretsSecret(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 2:42:53 PM
TheMarthKoopa posted...
Why would anyone buy the watered down and hideous version that you can't play with friends over the HD full-featured game that CAN be played with friends (and a better controller)?

Because they all already own a 3DS. No one owns a Wii U.
#5SecretsSecret(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 2:43:43 PM
EvosthunderMkII posted...

This is a Smash Brothers for Wii U will not sell good, but the 3DS one will, and Nintendo killed off a "system seller" by doing this thread.
#6EnyalbPosted 7/29/2013 2:43:43 PM
I'd find Nintendo dumb if they have to limit the roster when Brawl was only 5 GB and 3DS is 8 GB.
---
"Insert reference to video game or anime here"
#7TheMarthKoopaPosted 7/29/2013 2:45:15 PM
No one owns a Wii U.

Everybody will own a Wii U for all the great games it will get.
#8EvosthunderMkIIPosted 7/29/2013 2:46:33 PM
SecretsSecret posted...
EvosthunderMkII posted...

This is a Smash Brothers for Wii U will not sell good, but the 3DS one will, and Nintendo killed off a "system seller" by doing this thread.

Which is still doom.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=-cdO56o0CyUXMM&tbnid=TuZX_vjriudqFM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.destructoid.com%2Fblogs%2FNoctisDragonGamer%2Fnintendoom-a-tale-of-three-companies-236357.phtml&ei=kuL2UZSxL5CK9QSg-4EQ&bvm=bv.49784469,d.eWU&psig=AFQjCNGy3yAhwYkOpnleoMkwpE-Dzkhv5g&ust=1375220755241494
---
-Professional rustler, new and improved.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer.
#9Rot8er_ConeXPosted 7/29/2013 2:46:43 PM
My family's probably gonna get both (I mean, we got both NSMB2 and NSMBU, and my mom was under the delusion that they were the same game for different consoles, and these games are closer to being that than those were).
---
I am on GameFAQs until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#10SecretsSecret(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 2:46:51 PM
TheMarthKoopa posted...
No one owns a Wii U.

Everybody will own a Wii U for all the great games it will get.

As long as they do not shop at ASDA right?

http://www.gamespot.com//news/uks-second-biggest-supermarket-stops-stocking-wii-u-6412164?