This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was it smart of Nintendo to make Smash Bros for 3DS?

#11EnyalbPosted 7/29/2013 1:50:23 PM
SecretsSecret posted...
TheMarthKoopa posted...
No one owns a Wii U.

Everybody will own a Wii U for all the great games it will get.

As long as they do not shop at ASDA right?

http://www.gamespot.com//news/uks-second-biggest-supermarket-stops-stocking-wii-u-6412164?

There's a thing called importing. Sure it costs a few dollars more, but why else was there a fuss about Persona 4 Arena being region locked?
---
"Insert reference to video game or anime here"
#12JunDagekiPosted 7/29/2013 1:52:52 PM
Yes and No.
it has it's pros and cons.

Smash Bros 3DS will sell even more, but because of this many people won't feel obliged to get a Wii U to play Smash4.
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#13SecretsSecret(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 1:53:42 PM
Enyalb posted...

There's a thing called importing. Sure it costs a few dollars more, but why else was there a fuss about Persona 4 Arena being region locked?

My apologies I didn't realize millions of people imported.

Also I'm not here to argue oh well the Wii U will or will not sell in the long run.

I am annoyed Nintendo killed off a system seller by making a portable version on its already successful system.
#14SecretsSecret(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 1:54:53 PM
JunDageki posted...
Yes and No.

Smash Bros 3DS will sell even more, but because of this many people won't feel obliged to get a Wii U to play Smash4.

I would agree with this if they had different Rosters. Different stages is not enough to convince people.
#15Rot8er_ConeXPosted 7/29/2013 1:56:31 PM
JunDageki posted...
Yes and No.

What he said. People who aren't already gonna buy a Wii U for other games, some of which are console-sellers (but none as powerful as an SSB exclusive to Wii U would've been), will get the 3DS version. Everyone else will get the Wii U version, and sometimes even both.
---
I am on GameFAQs until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#16stfn12345Posted 7/29/2013 2:00:28 PM
It was most definitely a bad decision, but it's not nearly the Wii U death certificate that everyone makes it out to be.
#17Eradan123Posted 7/29/2013 2:01:24 PM
As a consumer, I'm very happy it's coming to 3DS.

I have no intention of buying a Wii U unless it came out with 10+ games that I would actually consider getting.

A PS3 (soon PS4) and a 3DS are the best consoles for titles at the moment for me.

You could argue Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by making a 3DS version which will reduce Wii U sales. However, think of the millions they will make off the 3DS version as well.