Which characters have outstayed their welcome?

#1The_KongsPosted 7/29/2013 4:01:23 PM
Smash Bros has been going on for a pretty long time now, and I think this upcoming Smash Bros game should shake up the character rooster a little bit and eliminate the IRRELEVANT characters and introduce a fresh batch of characters who are relevant in the world of Nintendo world right now.

Ice Climbers - OK, they are unique, lovable and interesting. They have a unique move set and offered an exciting new way to play to smash bros in the melee era. Although I wouldn't mind seeing them in the next installment I believe the hype of the duo has died down and they no longer have that much relevance in the world of Nintendo. So I believe they should face the cut.

Marth and Ike - Both amazing characters, However, the story of Fire Emblem has moved on. These characters no longer hold the spotlight in Fire Emblem games. Why not introduce Chrom with a move set similar to Marth's, but adjust it slightly to fit Chrom's personality and add a few unique moves.

Jigglypuff - I believe that this Pokemon should have been dismissed after Melee. It resembles Kirby in appearance and battle characteristics. Pikachu should be the only Pokemon that should stay within the Smash Bros series. Isn't it time to spice the Smash Bros rooster up and add some new Pokemon?

Captain Falcon - A great character with a background that has introduced some great stages in Smash Bros, but ever since Ganondorf was brought into the series, Captain Falcon's moves seem to be overpowered by Ganondorf. He seems a very boring character to play not. I really hope he goes.

Snake & R.O.B - Introduced in Brawl, however I think they should be a one-off, experiment, mistake, whatever you want to call it. Snake offered something different, but I personally thought he didn't fit well in the game. R.O.B was just a simple mistake.

Who do you guys think should get the cut. Please don't comment on who YOU want to go without a reason.
---
Friend Code: 4098-3079-3509 (Nathan)
AC NL Town Name: Malpine
#2toad133Posted 7/29/2013 4:02:53 PM
Falco.

Starfox isn't as relevant as it once was, and as a character he brings nothing to Smash (as Sakurai constantly comments influencing his roster picks). Toss him out and keep Fox and Wolf.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#3MuTeKiKenPosted 7/29/2013 4:07:41 PM
Wario - He's stinking up the place. He even brings his own vehicle as a regular move. Also, because he alone was special in Brawl. Also something about his games and whatnot.
---
Currently playing - A game for hardcore fans only
#4AdmiralZephyrPosted 7/29/2013 4:08:57 PM
"Outstayed their welcome" is not a valid argument for cutting someone. Tradition is a big part of it. Frankly I would consider anybody who was in both Melee and Brawl to be 99.99% safe at this point.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
CB9 Score: Officially f***ed.
#5VyersPosted 7/29/2013 4:10:54 PM
Just curious, how is it that Marth has outstayed his welcome, when the latest FE advertised Marth as their first DLC character, as well as a character in the game being noted for looking similarly to Marth?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#6The_Kongs(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 4:11:28 PM
I love Falco, but what you said is right. He is an obvious copy of Fox. Maybe they should stick with Fox alone?

I forgot to add Wario to the list! I do like him as a character in the Mario series. However, his background in smash bros brawl just made him stand out in the wrong way. He was good for a little humor though.
---
#7The_Kongs(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 4:12:58 PM
Vyers posted...
Just curious, how is it that Marth has outstayed his welcome, when the latest FE advertised Marth as their first DLC character, as well as a character in the game being noted for looking similarly to Marth?

I just think he has gotten boring. Why not add fresh faces from the Fire Emblem series? They have much more relevance than Marth does at the moment.
---
#8AbugumgumPosted 7/29/2013 4:13:05 PM
TC,you comment about the Ice Climbers is both ignorant and offensive.

If I had to choose one character that has outstayed their welcome? Jigglypuff
#9CanyouGuessPosted 7/29/2013 4:14:07 PM
Who do I want to go? You, for making such ridiculous suggestions.
---
Any contradictions to the above statement are incorrect.
#10The_Kongs(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 4:15:57 PM
Abugumgum posted...
TC,you comment about the Ice Climbers is both ignorant and offensive.

If I had to choose one character that has outstayed their welcome? Jigglypuff

Your obviously taking this topic to seriously then. Nothing I said about the Ice Climbers was offensive. It is my opinion, which I have a right to. Get a life if you find it so offensive.
---