The Starting Roster

#1KurtExpressPosted 7/30/2013 1:38:55 PM
As the Title says, what do you guys think It'll be. And maybe why?
---
Mewtwo, Villager, WFT, Megaman, Little Mac, K. Rool, Palutena, Chrom, Ridley, Isaac, Saki, Lip, ???, Pac-Man/Snake and Mii for Wii U/3DS
#2atomicrebirthPosted 7/30/2013 1:42:07 PM
Starting roster will consist of Mario, Link, Kirby, and Reggie. All other characters must be unlocked by beating the first three with Reggie, individually, 5000 times each.
---
"Could Sora survive a Kamehameha?" "It depends on how good you are at pressing triangle." -bladeofnintendo
3DS: 1375-8113-3652 (Oscar)
#3sterlingtygerPosted 7/30/2013 2:03:25 PM
Any character shown pre-launch besides 3rd parties can be presumed to be a starting character, so that's 12 already(Mario, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Pit, Kirby, Wii Fit Trainer, Fox, Olimar, Pikachu, Villager).

Peach, Zelda, Ice Climbers and Yoshi are all traditionally pre-unlocked and all of them are just about guaranteed, so that's 16.

Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong and Dedede, I just can't see as being secret, so make that 19.

Marth is traditionally unlockable, and given FE's popularity lately, I'd say it'd be dumb to have both characters secret again, like in Melee, so Chrom/Robin/whoever represents Awakening makes it 20.

Mii, I find overwhelmingly likely as a custom character, and I just can't see them being secret, so... that's 21.

Either Ness or Lucas is likely going to be pre-unlocked, so that's 22.

Metaknight was the only character available at the start in Brawl that I could see being a secret character(if only because that's usually what he is in the Kirby games; Metaknight mode was a secret unlockable in both Nightmare in Dreamland and I think KSSU, right?)
But I can also see him not being, so... yeah. I'd rather him be secret though, so let's keep it at 22.

Little Mac is overwhelmingly likely and I don't see a main character of a franchise that big being a hidden character, especially if the leak is right and he was meant to be shown at E3. 23.

There's probably going to be a new retro character, and those tend to be pre-unlocked. 24.

New franchises trend towards pre-unlocked, and I'd guess there'd be at least 2 more pre-unlocked new franchises represented, so that's 26.

And knowing Sakurai, I bet our almost certain new KI character(who is almost definitely Palutena) will be pre-unlocked. 27.

Who do I see being secret? Well...

Luigi, Ganondorf, Falco, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Captain Falcon, Third Parties, Mewtwo if we have him, Jigglypuff if we have it, any Mario or Zelda newcomers, any DK or Metroid newcomers, Metaknight, new gen Pokemon, and either Ness or Lucas depending on which Mother character was a starter earlier.

... I may be biased on the matter since this is my roster:
http://i.imgur.com/a8oFxqO.png
(with the top row and bottom minus mii being secret, as indicated by the red outline)
#4AdmiralZephyrPosted 7/30/2013 2:04:39 PM
I think it will be Brawl's starting roster, plus Captain Falcon, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and two or three more newcomers. Probably Little Mac, Chrom, and maybe a retro newcomer.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
CB9 Score: Officially f***ed.
#5KurtExpress(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 4:08:57 PM
sterlingtyger posted...
Any character shown pre-launch besides 3rd parties can be presumed to be a starting character, so that's 12 already(Mario, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Pit, Kirby, Wii Fit Trainer, Fox, Olimar, Pikachu, Villager).

Peach, Zelda, Ice Climbers and Yoshi are all traditionally pre-unlocked and all of them are just about guaranteed, so that's 16.

Wario, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong and Dedede, I just can't see as being secret, so make that 19.

Marth is traditionally unlockable, and given FE's popularity lately, I'd say it'd be dumb to have both characters secret again, like in Melee, so Chrom/Robin/whoever represents Awakening makes it 20.

Mii, I find overwhelmingly likely as a custom character, and I just can't see them being secret, so... that's 21.

Either Ness or Lucas is likely going to be pre-unlocked, so that's 22.

Metaknight was the only character available at the start in Brawl that I could see being a secret character(if only because that's usually what he is in the Kirby games; Metaknight mode was a secret unlockable in both Nightmare in Dreamland and I think KSSU, right?)
But I can also see him not being, so... yeah. I'd rather him be secret though, so let's keep it at 22.

Little Mac is overwhelmingly likely and I don't see a main character of a franchise that big being a hidden character, especially if the leak is right and he was meant to be shown at E3. 23.

There's probably going to be a new retro character, and those tend to be pre-unlocked. 24.

New franchises trend towards pre-unlocked, and I'd guess there'd be at least 2 more pre-unlocked new franchises represented, so that's 26.

And knowing Sakurai, I bet our almost certain new KI character(who is almost definitely Palutena) will be pre-unlocked. 27.

Who do I see being secret? Well...

Luigi, Ganondorf, Falco, Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Captain Falcon, Third Parties, Mewtwo if we have him, Jigglypuff if we have it, any Mario or Zelda newcomers, any DK or Metroid newcomers, Metaknight, new gen Pokemon, and either Ness or Lucas depending on which Mother character was a starter earlier.

... I may be biased on the matter since this is my roster:
http://i.imgur.com/a8oFxqO.png
(with the top row and bottom minus mii being secret, as indicated by the red outline)

That's pretty well made actually!
I agree pretty much.
Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus(ZSS?), Fox, DK, Bowser, Pit, Zelda(Sheik?), Peach, Yoshi, Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wario, FE:A Rep, Mii, Ness/Lucas, Pokemon Trainer, Little Mac, ???, ???, Villager, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, ???. So like yours, 27. I think Megaman, Pac-Man(Namco Rep) and Sonic will be revealed aswell beforehand Megaman may have a chance at being Default too. If not we have Sheik? and ZSS? to bring us to 29. So 27+Random. I guess.
---
Mewtwo, Villager, WFT, Megaman, Little Mac, K. Rool, Palutena, Chrom, Ridley, Isaac, Saki, Lip, ???, Pac-Man/Snake and Mii for Wii U/3DS