This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

50+ roster. Do you want or expect it? Why or why not?

#1DasDavidPosted 7/30/2013 10:17:57 PM
Curious how big a difference 5 characters make... - Results (140 votes)
I want and expect a roster of at least 50 because it's the most important aspect of the game, in spite of balance.
7.14% (10 votes)
I want and expect a roster of at least 50 for the above reason, but I believe balance is still possible.
15.71% (22 votes)
I want a roster of at least 50, but I think Sakurai doesn't care or is too lazy to make it happen.
10.71% (15 votes)
I want a roster of at least 50, but do not expect it due to few potential newcomers.
11.43% (16 votes)
I want a roster of at least 50, but do not expect it due to balance difficulties, despite many potential newcomers.
30% (42 votes)
I expect a roster of at least 50 due to fan demand, but would prefer a smaller, more balanced roster.
0.71% (1 votes)
I expect a roster of at least 50 due to fan demand, but I feel that most necessary/viable reps are already in.
1.43% (2 votes)
I neither want nor expect a roster of at least 50 because most necessary/viable characters are already in.
10% (14 votes)
I neither want nor expect a roster of at least 50 because it would be impossible to balance.
7.86% (11 votes)
Other. (Please share your opinion.)
5% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yeah, it's pretty much the same poll. But I am genuinely greatly curious where people draw the lines of reasonable expectations.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
http://i.imgur.com/N8YyxFd.jpg?1
#2Tortellini803Posted 7/30/2013 10:23:16 PM
None of the above. I want but do not expect because adding that many characters would take too long and the game would not be playable on the 3DS.
#3ChaosCreativityPosted 7/30/2013 10:25:26 PM
I want it, but I think it would be AT MOST 50.
#4NicoRobin007Posted 7/30/2013 10:44:40 PM
Other, do not expect because of time constraints. 44/45 is fine.
#5Electric_SonicPosted 7/30/2013 11:26:08 PM
it's unnecessary since all but like 2 "necessary" characters are in and it won't happen because balancing would be a nightmare

None of the above. I want but do not expect because adding that many characters would take too long and the game would not be playable on the 3DS.

50 characters on the 3ds would not only be possible but it would not even be slightly problematic cartridge-space wise
---
Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik | Steam ID: Conis
3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269
#6DasDavid(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:09:18 PM
Electric_Sonic posted...
it's unnecessary since all but like 2 "necessary" characters are in and it won't happen because balancing would be a nightmare

50 characters on the 3ds would not only be possible but it would not even be slightly problematic cartridge-space wise

Yeah, the 3DS plays no limiting factor as far as total space is concerned. Maybe the fact that it can't do certain things is making specific characters tough to work, but that's an entirely different thing.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
#7xgiraffes13xPosted 7/31/2013 4:32:22 PM
I think 48 characters would be perfect. With a few cuts, some decloned characters and DLC.
---
Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U Dream Roster.
http://i.imgur.com/nIKWnLc.png
#8Dinoman96Posted 7/31/2013 4:34:53 PM
50 i think should be the absolute maximum. 45 is the minimum.
---
wargle gargle
#9legendoftomPosted 7/31/2013 4:40:38 PM
Brawl had 39 characters, including transformations.

I want this Smash to have 50 just to feel like a decent expansion. Now that they've gotten rid of the SSE crap, they definitely have room, even taking into account 3DS limitations. Every Smash has had a large amount of new additions, no expansion now would just be laziness, especially since now they don't have to deal with SSE.

Also, the fact that the roster will be the same on the Wii U and 3DS is BS. The Wii U game had the potential to be a lot bigger, and exclusive characters would help the Wii U, but clearly Sakurai doesn't care.
---
Booker T, being the technical master that he is, would have reversed that into some kinda pin-Booker T
#10DasDavid(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 4:44:02 PM
legendoftom posted...
Brawl had 39 characters, including transformations.

I want this Smash to have 50 just to feel like a decent expansion. Now that they've gotten rid of the SSE crap, they definitely have room, even taking into account 3DS limitations. Every Smash has had a large amount of new additions, no expansion now would just be laziness, especially since now they don't have to deal with SSE.

Also, the fact that the roster will be the same on the Wii U and 3DS is BS. The Wii U game had the potential to be a lot bigger, and exclusive characters would help the Wii U, but clearly Sakurai doesn't care.

Just because the two systems can handle more character doesn't mean that they should. Honestly it saddens me to see people accuse Sakurai of laziness when he's stated time and time again why he specifically doesn't want to just add a bunch of characters and call it a day. THAT would be true laziness.
---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster