This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's be honest. They're going to have to make quite a few cuts.

#1BlackSaborPosted 7/30/2013 11:32:44 PM
So which approach to cuts would you prefer them take? - Results (131 votes)
Cut more 'dead series' characters, focus on newer series for new roster.
3.82% (5 votes)
Cut more 'strange' characters, get rid of some of the older 'mix it up' characters to make room.
9.16% (12 votes)
Cut down 'spotlight series' character. This isn't Super MARIO Smash. Or Super STAR Smash. More series spread.
3.82% (5 votes)
Cut more 'clone-like' characters, focus on characters with more moveset potential.
33.59% (44 votes)
Cut more 'out stayed their welcome' characters. Characters that really don't need to come back.
20.61% (27 votes)
Cut almost none, I'd prefer just a few newcomers.
29.01% (38 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's a pretty common thought that 'THEY'RE NOT GONNA CUT HARDLY ANYONE MAN'. But it's been said many times, the roster is not going to be much bigger then brawl.

So let's say they decide '40 is enough, we'll cut characters to make room for more newcomers to keep the game fresh, while keeping the roster under more control, so we can balance it much easier.'

This is by no means confirmed, but it's a pretty realistic scenario, by what has been said about new comers. I'd rather have 15 newcomers, with 10 cuts then only 5 newcomers. But that's just my opinion.

So. Let's say this was their real decision, what character cutting approach would you prefer, and why?
#2Rayze_DarrPosted 7/30/2013 11:35:03 PM
To be perfectly honest, if the three newcomers are the only newcomers we get and every other character from Brawl returns, I'll be happy. I'd like more characters, of course, but a lack of them won't kill the game for me.
---
3DS FC: 5327 - 0902 - 3469
New Leaf Dream Address: 5500 - 2146 - 0428
#3sterlingtygerPosted 7/30/2013 11:44:41 PM
The characters that have outstayed their welcome most are also pretty cloney, and that's Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link; Ike and Lucario also outstayed their welcome, but while Ike has some passing similarities to Marth and Lucario has maybe one move in common with Mewtwo, neither I would consider clones. So I chose "Outstayed their welcome" rather than "Cloney" because those 5 are the ones I'd see cut the easiest.
#4KurtExpressPosted 7/30/2013 11:56:54 PM
My Opinion on who will stay to who will go.
Everyone Announced Stays. 10
Luigi, Yoshi, Zelda, Peach, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Ness, Captain Falcon Stay.
Metaknight, Wario, Marth, Ice Climbers are pretty likely to return. Though there are concerns with the IC. 22
Jigglypuff, Game&Watch, Ganondorf, R.O.B.and Falco vs. Wolf have a few hurdles to jump through but nothing overwhelming. 27
Mewtwo will likely return. But the question is as a newcomer or a veteran? No to the other 4 Melle cuts.
Pokemon Trainer and Sonic have more challengers in joining but are still likely. 29
Sheik and ZSS may or may not return but don't count as seperate characters.
Ike and Lucas have quite a lot of challenges in order to join.
I'd say Lucario, Snake, Toon Link and Falco vs. Wolf are most likely.
I'd say everyone in the Forbidden 7 but Dixie and Mewtwo are doomed.

One list I found with only 30 characters and 7 Newcomers had this:
The 13 Announced+
Chrom
Jigglypuff
C Falcon
Mewtwo
Marth
R.O.B.
Zelda/Sheik
Ghirahim (But no Ganondorf?)
Luigi
Ridley
Peach
Falco
Metaknight
Pac-Man
Yoshi
Wario
Ness

Obviously they were expecting a serious downfall.
If that list were true though I'd add
Little Mac
Mii
King Dedede
Diddy Kong
Palutena
But yeah.
---
Mewtwo, Villager, WFT, Megaman, Little Mac, K. Rool, Palutena, Chrom, Ridley, Isaac, Saki, Lip, ???, Pac-Man/Snake and Mii for Wii U/3DS
#5ecylisPosted 7/31/2013 1:17:37 AM
Cut:

Wolf
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Toon Link
#6yohvsnarutoPosted 7/31/2013 1:54:09 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
The characters that have outstayed their welcome most are also pretty cloney, and that's Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link; Ike and Lucario also outstayed their welcome, but while Ike has some passing similarities to Marth and Lucario has maybe one move in common with Mewtwo, neither I would consider clones. So I chose "Outstayed their welcome" rather than "Cloney" because those 5 are the ones I'd see cut the easiest.

Shut up.
Jiggs=Cloney made your entire post fail same goes for Wolf at first glance he may seem like a clone but all his animations are different he's nothing compared to the awesomeness that is Melee Falco.
---
Come join me at http://xat.com/SuperSmashBrosGroup?p=0&ss=4
Biggest Tales of fan on Gamefaqs : )
#7SpartenX20Posted 7/31/2013 1:56:51 AM
Cut:
Sheik (Zelda needs to be more unique)
Toon Link (obvious)
Falco or/and Wolf (never cared for them)
Pokemon Trainer (played-out gimmick)
Lucario (obvious)
Ike (replaced)
Lucas (unnecessary)
Snake (3rd party)
Sonic (^)
#8yohvsnarutoPosted 7/31/2013 1:59:24 AM
SpartenX20 posted...
Cut:
Sheik (Zelda needs to be more unique)
Toon Link (obvious)
Falco or/and Wolf (never cared for them)
Pokemon Trainer (played-out gimmick)
Lucario (obvious)
Ike (replaced)
Lucas (unnecessary)
Snake (3rd party)
Sonic (^)

Your reasons make no sense.
Lucas unnecessary Mother actually has a solid fanbase now.
Lol I don't care for Falco or Wolf they get teh cut lolololno.
Remove a character for one to be unique you sir are an idiot.
PKMN Trainer was a nice idea all that needs to be changed is the weakness system.
---
Come join me at http://xat.com/SuperSmashBrosGroup?p=0&ss=4
Biggest Tales of fan on Gamefaqs : )
#9dezmomoPosted 7/31/2013 2:15:29 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
pretty cloney, and that's Jigglypuff,

What.

Wolf... Ike and Lucario also outstayed their welcome

Yeah overstayed their welcome by only being in the one game they were introduced in.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#10FatReuniclusPosted 7/31/2013 2:17:11 AM
Why does everybody hate Jigglypuff? Whether the it is good or not, Jigglypuff (with Pikachu) has been in every SSB much like Luigi (with Mario). And (though not likely) you guys think it's a clone, it just looks like Kirby and has his cheap puff-jump (and Kirby won't be cut so get used this).
---
I wish Reuniclus was my dad...