This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Smash Bros Merchandise?

#1StreetPasWantrPosted 8/4/2013 9:56:58 AM(edited)
It's kind of interesting Nintendo hasn't taken the chance to create merchandise for Smash Bros when it does it for almost all of its series. The only item other than the SSB games fans must have is the Smashing... Live! CD. Is there anything else other than super rare Japanese trading cards?
---
The post below me is false.
#2Rot8er_ConeXPosted 8/4/2013 10:01:37 AM
I could see them making a LED-color-changing bouncy ball with black lines on it to make it the Smash logo from a certain angle, and calling that a Smash Ball, but that's about all I could see them doing in terms of making merchendise for this game that couldn't be misconstrued as merchendise of one of the component serieses. MAYBE a Master Hand/Crazy Hand keychain?
---
Banjo-Kazooie for SSB4!
Not changing this line of my sig until deviantART fixes their login to allow me to get on via my Nook again.
#3Shunka ShuutouPosted 8/4/2013 1:59:54 PM(edited)
Well...I could see the Nintendo-related Figmas as SSB merchandise in a way...
---
<3 Haruka and Louie
#4NintendoManiaPosted 8/4/2013 2:59:23 PM
They already make merchandise for most of their big series like Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pokemon that Super Smash Bros. merchandise might seem redundant. That's the only reason I can think of why next to none exist.
---
"Body armor is for your body not your head."- My bro's friend after shooting my character in the head on Golden Eye 007
NNID: a_HUGE_hotspring
#5Pyromaniac RoyPosted 8/4/2013 3:04:16 PM
They already make merchandise for most of their big series like Super Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pokemon that Super Smash Bros. merchandise might seem redundant.

I haven't seen any Donkey Kong merchandise that isn't a part of the overall Super Mario line since a 4-figure Donkey Kong Country licensed set in the 90's. Zelda merchandise is pretty rare outside of the high-quality, high-pricetag format; you'd be hard pressed to find much worth displaying for cheaper than a new game.

Honestly, I'd -love- trophy replicas. They'd probably run high-dollar, but I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone with the idea.
---
I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave.
Playstation Network: kaosuroi | Nintendo Network: pitaya
#6SuperUsername64Posted 8/4/2013 3:07:43 PM
I've always wanted some form of physical Smash Bros. merchandise. I made a topic about a line of vinyl figures a short while ago:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66900739
#7SSBR10Posted 8/4/2013 3:30:14 PM
Maybe they should make some real-life trophy figures of the characters.
---
Little Mac, Travis Touchdown for Super Smash Bros. 4.
Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please.
#8MargisamePosted 8/4/2013 3:33:17 PM
*Makes grabby hands*

I would buy it all~
---
Favorite Games: Final Fantasy 5, Touhou 8, Skullgirls, and Mother.
Working on a Smash Bros. RPG on RPG Maker VX Ace, and it's hard working solo.