The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I have some new information regarding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. (3)

#1InfiniteGTXPosted 8/4/2013 10:11:23 PM
New information, new thread. To keep track of what's been said already, please read the previous two topics I've made on this board (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66776281). It just so happens that the day I come to make a new post, GameFAQs is having a field day with trolls and supposed prophets. Because of that, maybe this isn't the best time to make a thread, but I'll be driving to Washington for a week tomorrow evening, so I figured I'd just get this out of the way.

I'm going to make this cut and dry, for the most part. I'd like to preface by stating clearly that I don't know everything about the game. I get my information from casual conversations with a friend, and that's it. I'm saying this because I've been getting private messages requesting I "make a nudge for [X] as a playable character" and asking I spill the details on certain franchise representation. Absolutely everything that I know up until this point is shared in my threads. (That's part of the reason I won't be making replies--I quite seriously have no additional information to provide.) That said, let's cut to the chase.

Dixie Kong will be the third and final playable character from the Donkey Kong franchise. She is not paired with Diddy Kong--nor is she a clone of him--but is her own, unique character. She has a jump mechanic similar to Peach's in that holding the jump button will cause her hair to twirl and will provide gradual vertical progression for a short time. From there you can keep holding the jump button to stall your fall time as you twirl. K. Rool is also in the game, but as a boss character. After being defeated the first time as King K. Rool, he returns a couple more times in Adventure mode as Kaptain K. Rool and then Baron K. Roolenstein. Despite how I feel about it, apparently he is treated as a less serious boss.

Fire Emblem will have not one, not two, but three individual character slots: Marth, Ike, and Chrom & Lucina. "There were less cuts than you think," is what I was told after hearing this. Regarding the latter, I was told that their moveset is "most unique out of any". Every time you use any one of your specials, that character will call upon the other, and the two will execute a simple combo; after the animation is done, the original character pulls back, and the supporter takes the reins. They both have their own separate set of standard moves, and they both have their own separate Final Smash. To clarify, their special moves are different from each other, but both will include the other in some way before switching them in. Further regarding the Fire Emblem franchise, I can--unfortunately--confirm that Roy will not be returning from Melee.

Now, I'm a big lurker, and I've also been reading the forums daily as the DOJO updates to see how the community responds. I noticed that a lot of you are concerned that Ice Climbers may be cut due to the expressed hardware limitations of the 3DS. Firstly, I'll just confirm for you that they're in. Secondly, I'd like to ease your mind with your concerns of the 3DS. The hardware isn't as limited as some people are making it out to be, and it has not had quite the dramatic effect on characters as some people are imagining. From what I've been told, the real and only true problem with the 3DS regarding characters is its small screens. Ice Climbers and Olimar, especially, have been tricky to handle due to how scrambled things appear on the screen with multiples of those characters. The game is still turning out fantastically, and any sort of character reduction will be mostly aesthetic.
#2InfiniteGTX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 10:11:33 PM
Board the Platforms is returning, and precisely like how they've handled Break the Targets this time around, the levels will be divided per franchise. Stage Builder returns from Brawl, too, with huge upgrades. You can now apparently place tiles in the Z-plane, not just the X- and Y-planes. There are three layers to the former plane, the furthest and nearest being purely anesthetic placements. These two layers will have their own set of tiles to choose from. The background can be changed, the tiles come in many different textures and shades, and the editor in a whole is "just a huge improvement all around." I'm still trying to learn more about other modes and features. That's all I have for the time being. If there's anything you'd like me to find out about, post about it in a reply and I'll try to bring it up next time I catch a conversation with my friend. See you around the boards.

Oh right, I almost forgot. Ridl--
#3empireoffirePosted 8/4/2013 10:14:58 PM
Still keepin' the pokemon reveal in my head.
---
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf
#4Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/4/2013 10:16:18 PM
empireoffire posted...
If Little Mac is confirmed tonight we can instantly invalidate everything this guy's said so far. :D
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
So takusan baka gaijin desu desu in this tokoro desu. - ViewtifulGent
#5JonJonFTWPosted 8/4/2013 10:17:51 PM
If this thread is true, then I am disappointed. Dixie Kong? Ugh, we don't need another Donkey Kong rep. Same thing with Fire Emblem, two reps were enough for a decently-popular-at-best series. But, if Chrom & Lucina play in a unique way than I am all for it.
---
"Why did you eat Snail Po?"
Gamertag : JonJonXs | Nintendo Network : JonJonXs | PSN : JonJonXs | Steam : JonJonXs | Youtube : JonJonFtheW
#6lastoutlaw113Posted 8/4/2013 10:21:11 PM
Snake. Is he in?
#7AdmiralZephyrPosted 8/4/2013 10:21:50 PM
Hon_Caterpie posted...
empireoffire posted...
If Little Mac is confirmed tonight we can instantly invalidate everything this guy's said so far. :D

And what reason do we have to believe Little Mac will be revealed tonight?

Two things:
1. Can you simplify that stage builder thing for me a bit? Went completely over my head. I get what a Z-plane is in general, but I'm not really getting how it would work in a 2D fighter.
2. I would like to request that next time you get to chat with him, ask him if Isaac (or any other Golden Sun character) is playable please. Thank you.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Isaac, Shulk, Saki, Takamaru and Mewtwo for Smash 4!
#8AdmiralZephyrPosted 8/4/2013 10:23:11 PM
JonJonFTW posted...
Dixie Kong? Ugh, we don't need another Donkey Kong rep.

Why not? Donkey Kong is currently at the peak of its post-SNES popularity/relevance. I'd be actively surprised if it doesn't get a third rep. Nice to see that K. Rool is not only just a boss, but a stupid one at that.
---
darkx remembers his friend, GrapefruitKing. RIP :(
Isaac, Shulk, Saki, Takamaru and Mewtwo for Smash 4!
#9AphophPosted 8/4/2013 10:23:20 PM
JonJonFTW posted...
If this thread is true, then I am disappointed. Dixie Kong? Ugh, we don't need another Donkey Kong rep.

ITT: Donkey Kong isn't one of the Nintendo's oldest franchises with Returns selling over 4 million with a sequel.
#10Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/4/2013 10:24:23 PM
AdmiralZephyr posted...
Hon_Caterpie posted...
empireoffire posted...

And what reason do we have to believe Little Mac will be revealed tonight?
Sakurai's birthday, and the picture on Friday of Mario and Megaman uppercutting on the Punch-Out stage.

...but what do I know, I'm always pessimistic about everything, right? :P
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
So takusan baka gaijin desu desu in this tokoro desu. - ViewtifulGent