5 Reasons why the 3DS version of this game should not exist

#1MarioMan847Posted 8/7/2013 7:11:26 PM(edited)
I can't be the only one who believes this, but having a 3DS version of the next Smash Bros. is an incredibly stupid move on Nintendo's part. And I have 5 good reasons to prove why:

1. Expensive Multiplayer

One of the biggest draws of the Smash Bros. franchise is the multiplayer. By putting it on a handheld, you're making the multiplayer MUCH harder to get into. Even if you don't need another cartridge to play local multiplayer, you still need an entirely different 170 dollar console just to play it. Yes, there is online play, but let's be real here. The magic of Smash Bros. is playing it in person with your friends. And if you and your friends wanna experience four player, get ready to shelve out at least 700 dollars combined.

It's just an annoying obstacle.

2. Hardware Limitations

The 3DS is a much weaker system than the Wii U. Why do they feel the need to hold back their maximum hardware efforts? Why would you throw hardware restrictions in your own face when you have a console that can process smooth, HD graphics? Why would you force yourself to limit extra content when you have a DISC based console with much more storage overall?

I just don't understand how these questions can be answered properly.

3. Questionable Controls

Imagine playing a Smash Bros. game on your 3DS. Like, for real.

Seems pretty crappy, doesn't it? With the 3DS' tiny analog stick, tiny D-Pad and face buttons, the precise movements needed to excel at Smash Bros. are gonna be much harder to pull off. Not to mention the clicky L and R buttons..... Oh goodness, shielding and grabbing is gonna feel so tacky.

4. Pointless Effort

Making one Smash Bros. game is hard enough, but TWO?! With different features and different content? They're just putting more pressure on themselves. Since they have to focus on two versions, they're holding back the full potential of the (much more important) console version. The 3DS version exists, but in the long run, people will care about the home console version WAY more, because that's just where the franchise's home is at (no pun intended). I just don't understand why you would want to give yourself extra, unjustified work to do.

5. The Wii U isn't selling well, it NEEDS this game to itself

This reason might seem questionable to some people, but this game being on the 3DS could very well effect Wii U sales. The 3DS is already getting a mainstream Pokemon game that will inevitable end up selling thousands, if not millions of 3DS consoles. Not to mention the fact that 3DS is ALREADY doing well as it is. It DOESN'T NEED a Smash Bros. game at all, only the Wii U does right now because of it's low sales. Since Smash Bros. is coming to 3DS, people who own a 3DS and don't want a Wii U will just get the 3DS version. Inadvertently having a negative effect on Wii U sales.

Just look at this way: In an alternate dimension where the 3DS version doesn't exist, would you be angry that it doesn't exist? No, you wouldn't, because there wasn't a Game Boy Color version of Smash Bros. for the N64, there wasn't a Game Boy Advance version of Melee, and there wasn't a DS version for Brawl. This 3DS version is completely unnecessary in almost every aspect. And even though they won't, I legitimately wish that Nintendo would scrap it.

Dang, I really shouldn't have spent an hour typing this, but I just had to get this out there. Who knows, maybe Nintendo will read this and take some of the things that I've said into consideration. <_<
---
Video games are awesome.
#2SalsaSavantPosted 8/7/2013 7:09:17 PM
K

*Hits Topic List*
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#3BLAKUboyPosted 8/7/2013 7:09:52 PM
Literally the only reason the 3DS version is a problem is WiiU might not get stages for series like Kid Icarus or Fire Emblem. Or at least not good ones.
---
*insert seemingly random sig here*
http://signavatar.com/11807_s.png
#4Soanevalcke6Posted 8/7/2013 7:10:58 PM
You are saying things everyone already knows TC, I don't think anyone here thinks the 3DS version was a good idea to have.
---
"Hey, relax! We're the good guys! Justice will prevail and all that stuff... right, Samus?"
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#5kukingina2Posted 8/7/2013 7:15:06 PM(edited)
1 reason why 3ds should be made?

its gonna make more money than the wii u version. it will reach more people that had no interest in smash bros or buying a wii u in the 1st place, especially the casuals who just have a 3ds for games like animal crossing

I know alot of casual players that love playing with the 3ds but had no interest in smash bros before it was announced for the 3ds heck I know alot of casual nintendo fans my country that has never even played a smash bros game (some of them are just dedicated handheld gamers)

same reason why rare made a donkey kong rehash instead of a metroid game

its dirty but that's reality
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#6evosthunderPosted 8/7/2013 7:12:07 PM
A) At one point it was the only conceived version.

B) http://www.ign.com/boards/attachments/smash-bros-bingo-board-jpg.61917/
---
-I post on other sites, too. Don't think that's how I spend all of my time.
-Deviant. Poster. N****. Gamer. Rustler. EvosthunderMkII.
#7NinjaNomad196Posted 8/7/2013 7:15:18 PM
5 reasons it should stay:
1. Handheld Smash Bros: is a GREAT IDEA. I mean who doesn't want to bring Smash Bros. everywhere, without carrying an entire Wii U and cords over!?

2. 3D Smash: Smash Bros. might be cool to be 3D, granted the 3D is as good as KI:U or better, but I will admit, other than that, from what I've noticed, 3DS 3D sucks.

3. Nice Handheld reps.stages: Ups the chances of Palutena, Dillon, FE:A rep, etc. and makes way for some cool exclusive stages, not to say console doesn't have cool reps/stages too.

4. Boost Sales: I'm honestly getting a Wii U next year or whenever a dramatic price drop happens (until then I'll get 3DS version if needbe) and getting both. It adds handheld fanboys into the Smash Bros. crew and gets more fans to be familiar with the game.

5. Online would actually be good: Ever played KI:U?

BONUS:

6: Makes war for future: Once handhelds catch up and are HD and good and stuff, it'll have Smash, an it'll be a hit.
---
I'd die of joy if these people were in Smash:
Prince Fluff, Kid Niki, Urban Champion, Sylux, BomberMan, El Fuerte, Beat, Little Mac, and Cordelia.
#8Yelnam-26Posted 8/7/2013 7:17:21 PM
they said the 3ds version wasn't going to hold back the wii u version and if you don't want it don't buy it.
#9MarioMan847(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:18:08 PM
Oh please, don't even try to justify the utter stupidity of a handheld version of Smash Bros.

I don't wanna carry around Smash Bros. with me...... IT'S SMASH BROS. >_<
---
Video games are awesome.
#10DasDavidPosted 8/7/2013 7:18:28 PM
SalsaSavant posted...
K

*Hits Topic List*

---
Latest SSB4 Dream Roster
http://i.imgur.com/N8YyxFd.jpg?1