Pokemon news: MEGA Lucario is now a thing

#61JacornonthecobPosted 8/8/2013 9:44:19 AM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
Why the hell did all the other Pokemon end up looking more majestic with long white hair flowing in the air, while Mewtwo goes backwards?

Because Mewtwo isn't a hippie, he keeps his hair cut
#62MrMoustachePosted 8/8/2013 9:45:52 AM
SalsaSavant posted...
Enyalb posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
Update: It's been confirmed that they're only Mega "during battle." So they revert back later.

During battle? As in they stay that way for the whole battle or just a few turns?

I don't know.
Corocoro hasn't fully leaked yet, and translation is still in process.

Source? Where did you found out that? It's not on Serebii
#63Elec Man EXEPosted 8/8/2013 9:51:35 AM
Mega Pokémon?

Oh dear god that sounds stupid. And they all look like they got thrown into a ribbon cannon or something.

But hey, if it means Lucario doesn't get cut (and gets a better FS than Aura Storm) then I guess I can't complain about it. At least in regards to Smash, seems stupid in regards to the Pokémon games themselves.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#64SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 9:54:06 AM
MrMoustache posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
Enyalb posted...
SalsaSavant posted...
Update: It's been confirmed that they're only Mega "during battle." So they revert back later.

During battle? As in they stay that way for the whole battle or just a few turns?

I don't know.
Corocoro hasn't fully leaked yet, and translation is still in process.

Source? Where did you found out that? It's not on Serebii

It's according to Pokejungle's translation. Or at least that is what people are saying.
I can't get it to load at all, the site is under too much stress
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#65SideShowBattPosted 8/8/2013 9:54:16 AM
SalsaSavant posted...

Oh please no! I hope it's a evolution and not a temporary form in battle.
---
3DS FC - 3480 2643 3055
Nintendo Network- SideShowBatt
#66JacornonthecobPosted 8/8/2013 10:02:25 AM
SideShowBatt posted...
SalsaSavant posted...

Oh please no! I hope it's a evolution and not a temporary form in battle.

If it was an evolution it would have a different name
#67wolfbrownxPosted 8/8/2013 11:56:18 AM
I was excited for Lucario, then got a huge let down. And MewTwo constantly reminds me of Frieza.
#68Koro-SenseiPosted 8/8/2013 11:58:07 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
Mawile is in fact based on a Japanese mythological creature or yokai.

The futakuchi-onna, or two-mouthed woman, is the Japanese yokai that is exactly as what is said on the tin; it's a woman with two mouths! One that's normal and on her face like a person, and another that's on the back of her head behind her hair. On top of that, her hair is said to begin to function like a pair of serpents to help feed her back-head.

It's a tragic story, really. Typically, the futakuchi-onna is the wife of a miser, and as such rarely eats, causing a second mouth to form in the back of her head and demand food. It whispers nasty things in her hear and sometimes screams really loudly when it's not fed. On top of that, it eats twice what she normally would need to. According to wikipedia, this is the most famous and prototypical story of a futakuchi-onna:

"In a small village there lived a stingy miser who, because he could not bear the expense of paying for food for a wife, lived entirely by himself.

One day he met a woman who did not eat anything, whom he immediately took for his wife. Because she never ate a thing, and was still a hard worker, the old miser was extraordinarily thrilled with her, but on the other hand he began to wonder why his stores of rice were steadily decreasing.

One day the man pretended to leave for work, but instead stayed behind to spy on his new wife. To his horror, he saw his wife’s hair part on the back of her head, her skull split wide revealing a gaping mouth. She unbound her hair, which reached out like tentacles to grasp the rice and shovel it into the hungry mouth."

Horrifying. :)

So yes, you can kind of understand why Mawile no longer looks like an animal!

Although for that matter, Lucario is influenced by an Egyptian god, Absol by a Chinese myth, Blaziken also is similar to an Egyptian god, Mewtwo is incredibly humanoid and hardly an animal at all given that it is a genetically enhanced clone, and have you ever seen a sheep that looks like Ampharos I don't think you have!

So you could honestly say that NONE of them are actually really meant to look like animals, if simply because they're meant to look like other things more.

But Mawile is the least animal, since it's not based on an animal at all.

I'll never look at Mawhile or any yokai based Pokemon the same way again. *shudders*
#69pholiciousPosted 8/8/2013 12:01:45 PM
SalsaSavant posted...

thank god. i really didn't want them to stray from the good ol 3 evolution chain.
---
Number of Topics Killed: 345
#70GenoPosted 8/8/2013 1:11:57 PM
KlRBEH posted...
Is this Digimon now? Lol

Exactly what I was thinking, too, ironically. Did no-one at Gamefreak watch/play a Digimon show/game?
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853