Your fan roster will be more interesting....

#101SmallerRidleyPosted 8/10/2013 9:00:25 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Also, this isn't a veiled Ridley topic. If there is any character I find to be the most presumptuous amongst the ones I've mentioned it's K. Rool

Am I not allowed to use anyone as an example without others jumping to wrong conclusions?

Anyway, I mean there aren't 5 or 6 Olimars in terms of gimmickry that are also generally recognizable or important. There are probably 50 Pokemon that bring something completely different, but that isn't going to happen by anyone's guess. The roster can't be filled with all the the Chibi-Robos of the world, or else it loses a bit of it's "all-star" punch.

If all you're going to do is accuse me of trolling for explaining myself, kindly suck it and don't waste my time in the first place.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#102Terraforce777Posted 8/10/2013 9:05:52 PM
Conclusion: TC would like the idea of people proposing characters other than the usual 4 or 5 that are on just about every fan roster. Now you can just stop it Ridley, please. We all know you want Ridley, but you don't have to shove your ideas down out throats.

TC has admitted his mistakes and even proposed a motion of neutrality, so why persist? THE ARGUEMENT IS OVER.
---
---
People these days...
#103SmallerRidleyPosted 8/10/2013 9:19:51 PM
Terraforce777 posted...
Conclusion: TC would like the idea of people proposing characters other than the usual 4 or 5 that are on just about every fan roster. Now you can just stop it Ridley, please. We all know you want Ridley, but you don't have to shove your ideas down out throats.

TC has admitted his mistakes and even proposed a motion of neutrality, so why persist? THE ARGUEMENT IS OVER.
---

The only thing I had any interest in talking to you about was what I replied to. If you insist on trying to tell me to shut up, at least try to understand what's going on an not misrepresent my argument or put words in my mouth.

tl;dr: Stop trolling.
---
#104Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 9:25:46 PM(edited)
I wasn't accusing. I was just indicating based on our past history, that this wasn't about Ridley. no need for paranoia. It was more so about clarifying my intention than yours.

And as far as recognizable characters with Olimar's "gimickry." No there aren't. There probably aren't recognizable Nintendo characters at Olimar's level left period. That said, Wonder Red is an obvious case of a unique moveset waiting to happen. in the realm of the obscure, Captain N is a pretty unique concept for a character. Tempo from Harmo Knight could have a moveset based on rhythm and music, that'd be new. And though it would never happen, I'm a fan of the Happy Mask Salesman as a playable character.

If all you're going to do is accuse me of trolling for explaining myself, kindly suck it and don't waste my time in the first place.

You troll my topics all the time. Don't act surprised. That said, I didn't think you were trolling now, just trying to play intellectual.
#105Terraforce777Posted 8/10/2013 9:27:51 PM
SmallerRidley posted...
Terraforce777 posted...

---

The only thing I had any interest in talking to you about was what I replied to. If you insist on trying to tell me to shut up, at least try to understand what's going on an not misrepresent my argument or put words in my mouth.

tl;dr: Stop trolling.

Wow. 4 sentences is too long to read? ROFL. I'd like to see you read some of my college Textbooks.

If anyone is trolling, it's you. The definition of trolling is essentially causing chaos, which is exactly what you are doing.

So if anyone's trolling, it's you; I'm the Anti-troll, as I'm trying to cease any conflict you keep resurfacing.
---
---
People these days...
#106Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2013 9:48:32 PM(edited)
As far as the whole "Star Punch," the funny thing about that is that the Star punch is already there. Brawl pretty much added the last "Star Punch" characters that Nintendo really had. Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Ghirahim, and Shulk are basically Nintendo's equivilant of C and D list actors at this point. So from my perspective, they would have very underwhelming "star punch."

EDIT: So given what we have left, uniqueness or novelty is probably a better selling point than starpower. Hence Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.
#107SmallerRidleyPosted 8/12/2013 4:23:04 PM
Wow. 4 sentences is too long to read? ROFL. I'd like to see you read some of my college Textbooks.

It was for you. It's called a summary. I don't really expect you to read everything I say since I'm not sure you have up to this point.

If anyone is trolling, it's you. The definition of trolling is essentially causing chaos, which is exactly what you are doing.

And what are you doing except insulting me and butting into my conversation? Not all debates are chaotic, and chaos itself isn't inherently bad or else things would be really boring. Kindly stop replying to me if you aren't involved.

As far as the whole "Star Punch," the funny thing about that is that the Star punch is already there. Brawl pretty much added the last "Star Punch" characters that Nintendo really had. Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Ghirahim, and Shulk are basically Nintendo's equivilant of C and D list actors at this point. So from my perspective, they would have very underwhelming "star punch."

EDIT: So given what we have left, uniqueness or novelty is probably a better selling point than starpower. Hence Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.

There still needs to be some "star punch" though, or else things start getting stale. It ends up being "Brawl with 10 guys I don't care about." And before you think this is "all stars or nothing," I'm not saying that.
---