I wish SSB4 had some version exclusive characters

#21stfn12345Posted 8/11/2013 9:19:55 PM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
I'm getting both versions, so I wouldn't really care. I'd be happy to settle for the 3DS having less characters but getting Isaac and Andy (from Advanced Wars) while the Wii U version gets Saki and Shulk and Little Mac. But both would get characters like Palutena and Ridley, because they have appeared on both consoles and portable systems.

Also this would keep people from *****-ing about the 3DS holding the Wii U back and the 3DS wouldn't have the Ice Climbers problem. There could also be partial clones this way to keep it easier on the dev team. I know it's not ideal but Chrom could be be on the 3DS version and Ike could be on the Wii U version. And for anyone *****-ing that Chrom isn't in the 3DS version, you probably shouldn't want a character so badly if you've never played the game they're from. And if you happen to have played FE: Awakening for 3DS and still aren't getting Smash Bros for 3DS, well that's you're own fault IMO. just saiyan

So in other words you'd rather Nintendo exploit you more because you'd rather a game feel special than be complete.
#22raazychxPosted 8/11/2013 9:24:38 PM
Stupid ****ing idea is stupidly ****ing terrible.
#23a_fartn_SpartanPosted 8/12/2013 7:59:37 AM
stfn12345 posted...
I'm getting both versions, so I wouldn't really care. I'd be happy to settle for the 3DS having less characters but getting Isaac and Andy (from Advanced Wars) while the Wii U version gets Saki and Shulk and Little Mac. But both would get characters like Palutena and Ridley, because they have appeared on both consoles and portable systems.

Also this would keep people from *****-ing about the 3DS holding the Wii U back and the 3DS wouldn't have the Ice Climbers problem. There could also be partial clones this way to keep it easier on the dev team. I know it's not ideal but Chrom could be be on the 3DS version and Ike could be on the Wii U version. And for anyone *****-ing that Chrom isn't in the 3DS version, you probably shouldn't want a character so badly if you've never played the game they're from. And if you happen to have played FE: Awakening for 3DS and still aren't getting Smash Bros for 3DS, well that's you're own fault IMO. just saiyan

So in other words you'd rather Nintendo exploit you more because you'd rather a game feel special than be complete.

Well I'm getting both versions (so I don't really care) and the Wii U version could potentially be "less than complete" due to the 3DS holding it back.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#247lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 10:11:39 AM
raazychx posted...
Stupid ****ing idea is stupidly ****ing terrible.

What's even more terrible is the censoring in your post.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#25stfn12345Posted 8/12/2013 10:12:47 AM
stfn12345 posted...

Well I'm getting both versions (so I don't really care) and the Wii U version could potentially be "less than complete" due to the 3DS holding it back.

But having version exclusives would make the Wii U version "less than complete" because of the 3DS version. The only difference between that and what we have now is the Wii U version would also be holding back the 3DS version.
#26a_fartn_SpartanPosted 8/12/2013 2:01:08 PM
stfn12345 posted...
stfn12345 posted...

But having version exclusives would make the Wii U version "less than complete" because of the 3DS version. The only difference between that and what we have now is the Wii U version would also be holding back the 3DS version.

See that's why when SSB4 was first released, and we were told the 2 versions would interact in some way, some people interpreted that as the way we could play as ALL the characters on either version. Hopeful thinking, but it was possible until Sakurai said both versions would have the same characters.

I just think version exclusives could be cool in a way, but I'm bias because I'm getting both. The rosters wouldn't be all that different, and in a way it makes sense to me if character that have only appeared on portables are on the 3DS version and vice-versa. All of Smash's characters so far have been on consoles (even Pokemon Stadium was out before the original Smash Bros); we've never had a playable character that's only been on portables. I just think it opens the door for other characters like Andy and Isaac who's chances might not be looking so hot right about now. It's not like either version would be missing out on very many characters anyway. I do realize my argument is very flawed an opinionated.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
#27stfn12345Posted 8/12/2013 3:41:03 PM

I just think version exclusives could be cool in a way, but I'm bias because I'm getting both. The rosters wouldn't be all that different, and in a way it makes sense to me if character that have only appeared on portables are on the 3DS version and vice-versa. All of Smash's characters so far have been on consoles (even Pokemon Stadium was out before the original Smash Bros); we've never had a playable character that's only been on portables. I just think it opens the door for other characters like Andy and Isaac who's chances might not be looking so hot right about now. It's not like either version would be missing out on very many characters anyway. I do realize my argument is very flawed an opinionated.

Or both versions could include all the characters. If Nintendo is already doing all the work they may as well allow people who only plan on getting one version to not get completely boned. Even if you are getting both versions wouldn't you like to play as Isaac when you have your friends over and you want to play Smash Bros? Or what if you wanted to play Isaac vs. Ike? Plus the idea of having the version exclusives be partial clones as you said would only lead to characters being poorly represented instead of having further fleshed out and unique movesets like they deserve.
#28a_fartn_SpartanPosted 8/13/2013 11:41:37 PM
stfn12345 posted...

Or both versions could include all the characters. If Nintendo is already doing all the work they may as well allow people who only plan on getting one version to not get completely boned. Even if you are getting both versions wouldn't you like to play as Isaac when you have your friends over and you want to play Smash Bros? Or what if you wanted to play Isaac vs. Ike? Plus the idea of having the version exclusives be partial clones as you said would only lead to characters being poorly represented instead of having further fleshed out and unique movesets like they deserve.

TBH, it wouldn't bother me much, but it's easy to see why other people would. I mean unless Isaac turns out to be my main, I could go without playing as 1 character, and it would all be okay if we could connect my 3DS to my friend's Wii U so I could play as Isaac, but unfortunately that's not happening.

Your second point just comes to a matter of opinion. It's safe to assume Andy's chances aren't very high right now. Would you rather him not be in either version, or have him only in the 3DS version with part of Snake's moveset (like a Fox/Wolf type of deal) with Snake only on the Wii U version? Is it better to give each character the unique moveset they deserve, or include as much fan-service as possible? I think I'm getting my feelings in the way because I think Advanced Wars really deserves some a playable rep, but I don't find one likely. In fact, it'd be ideal to me if Snake was cut, Andy got some of his moveset, and Simon Belmont was the Konami rep, assuming Snake and Simon can't both be in because they're from the same company.
---
#29ScrambyMyEggsPosted 8/14/2013 2:58:24 AM
Same thing I told my friend who disagrees with me entirely....
I don't want exclusive characters because if I really like X 3DS character, I'm going to be very irritated that I can't use him on the Wii U and vice versa. There's no reason for exclusives in a fighting game that's being published on 2 systems owned by the same company