If Wonder Red is planned to be in SSB4...

#21stfn12345Posted 8/17/2013 8:50:10 AM
Seriously. With a game like Wonderful 101 that has non conventional controls you really have to give it time. You're entitled to your opinion, but it's really worth giving a 2nd go. And if you can't get into the controls try whichever scheme is the one you haven't tried yet (touch or right stick)
#22GenoPosted 8/17/2013 8:52:32 AM
SalsaSavant posted...
Did you play the demo once or twice?

My first playthrough, I had control issues. But the second playthrough, somethign clicked, and it became really smooth for me.

Only once. If I'd have played twice, I figure I wouldn't have had the same control issues, but I got the basic idea of what the game was like in the first go-around, so I didn't bother to play again.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#23Scorpion122178Posted 8/17/2013 8:57:38 AM
Olimar wasn't in Melee why do people think a series that isn't even successful yet will get a rep.
---
GT: Scorpion0489
Currently playing: Mortal Kombat, Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story, Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
#24SalsaSavantPosted 8/17/2013 9:00:58 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
Olimar wasn't in Melee why do people think a series that isn't even successful yet will get a rep.

Roy.
Though I agree that a clone=/= a totally new character.

But then there's the power of FRIENDSHIP to consider. That's what got Snake in, and WR is in a similar position but actually eligible.
---
On 12/02/12 I said I wouldn't change this until something impossible happened. Now, Earthbound just got re-released in the US.
#25RagirothPosted 8/17/2013 9:04:58 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...

The first Pikmin game came out like.......the same day Melee did.

W101 is coming out like potentially more than a year than this new Smash.

Not to mention like someone else said, Roy was put in as advertisement as well, I feel Wonder Red is a bit easier to figure out for a fighting game, and characters are put in more for advertisement compared to back then in most instances.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#26LinksLegendsPosted 8/17/2013 10:24:47 AM
Geno posted...

I've played the demo. I agree it plays nothing like Pikmin, but the general idea is there. You're just fighting more things much faster than you might in a normal game of Pikmin. Plus, the camera is all over the place, there's more than one instance in the demo where the gameplay comes to a screeching halt, and the controls are clunky. I fought the controls more than I fought the enemies in the game.

No offense but really the only similarity they share is having 100 things following you at any time. How at all is an exploratory RTS where your goal is to solve puzzles and collect stuff in an open environment in any way the same general idea as a linear mission-based action game where the only goal is to beat the crap out of whatever gets in your way? The only form of combat in Pikmin is throwing Pikmin/swarming enemies, while in W101 you construct giant weapons and use them to string together combos. In Pikmin you micromanage your units, in W101 you only really control one character at a time. It's like saying Starcraft is the same "general idea" as God of War.

All your problems with the game sound like they stem from unfamiliarity more than anything. I've never heard of anyone having problems with the camera of all things before now, I mean its practically a top-down game for christsakes. The controls are fine once you figure out what everything does. I'd really recommend you try the demo again or watch some videos of more experienced players before you continue openly bashing it and "giving people a fair warning".
#27Hon_CaterpiePosted 8/17/2013 10:30:40 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...
Olimar had had two games as of Brawl and is an entirely in-house Nintendo production. And that's the least amount of prestige a series newcomer has had so far. Characters like Wonder Red and Shulk, who have had only one game and are "first-party"? I'll believe it when I see it.
---
Honorable Caterpie, Deku Knight! | Queen Gohma's #1 Fan
So takusan baka gaijin desu desu in this tokoro desu. - ViewtifulGent
#28GhastsPosted 8/17/2013 10:40:08 AM
Scorpion122178 posted...

Super Mario Galaxy wasn't in Brawl why do people think a series that isn't even successful will get representation.

Your point is all kinds of invalid.
---
Nanocarp and such.
#297lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 1:47:52 PM
Bump.
---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust
#307lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 6:01:51 PM
7lightsXIII posted...
Bump.

---
...In a Sexual way...
Not changing this sig until JJBA:ASB gets localized in the west. Support #OperationStardust