This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some logistical (non-roster related) hopes I have for this game

#1SmashBro25Posted 8/17/2013 12:12:37 PM
There are a number of small things I would like to see implemented/carried over for this game, and these have nothing to do with the roster size/inclusions/etc.

1) An improved stage builder with touch screen control
2) A dynamic opening cinematic with an orchestra-performed theme, a la Melee (Brawl's was a bit lacking in excitement IMO, Melee did well matching up the music and the video since it wasn't based on existing cut scenes)
3) Longer replay recording, including the ability to upload saved replays to YouTube and/or clips or replays to Miiverse
4) Ability to upload snapshots to Miiverse (should be a given already, but in-game support for it in addition to just accessing Miiverse from the home menu)
5) More music remixes performed by orchestra, a la Melee (Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Main Theme, etc.). Brawl actually had basically no orchestra music except for the Main Theme and possibly the Fire Emblem Theme.
6) No leaderboards, but viewable statistics per player while playing online (via names?)
7) Being able to tie a name in-game to your NNID profile
8) Return of challenges
9) My Music should definitely return, though I hope certain songs might be able to be used on multiple stages of the same franchise (i.e., "Forest/Nature Area" from Kirby can also be played on Green Greens)
And finally,
10) The game should take a page from Halo and implement a robust system for uploading/sharing/downloading custom stages, replays, and snapshots between friends and other players. This could be an awesome addition if it was implemented in an easy to use and intuitive fashion- Brawl had the right idea but the system was a bit clunky, probably due to the Wii's subpar online infrastructure and limited "WiiConnect 24".
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#2Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 8/17/2013 12:37:53 PM
I concur -- especially in regards to stage building and sharing. As far as specific enhancements to stage builder are concerned, here are my two cents: I think background objects would add the most to aesthetics, and breakable blocks/objects would add the most to stage functionality. A set of stage effects (static or rising water/acid/magma, intermittent wind bursts, etc.) would also be welcome.
---
Series that desperately need another game:
LoZ:FS, BoF, Chrono and MM:L (You were so close, my friend!)
#3OsumnisPosted 8/17/2013 12:54:20 PM
I agree with everything you said here. (Except - Why no leaderboards?)

Kagemusha_Oulmn posted...
I concur -- especially in regards to stage building and sharing. As far as specific enhancements to stage builder are concerned, here are my two cents: I think background objects would add the most to aesthetics, and breakable blocks/objects would add the most to stage functionality. A set of stage effects (static or rising water/acid/magma, intermittent wind bursts, etc.) would also be welcome.

I think you should be able to download an image and use it as a background. Or maybe even use videos as backgrounds. Walk-off stages should also be possible in Stage Builder. And I want the ability to recreate at least every Smash 64 stage.
#4SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 1:37:17 PM
Osumnis posted...

Well, I don't think Sakurai wants to make things seem too competitive, and also what would be tracked? Local and online matches together? Just online?

I would definitely not mind leaderboards but it doesn't seem something Sakurai is interested in including.
---
#5SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 3:29:07 PM
Buuuuump
---
#6pbandjamesPosted 8/17/2013 3:45:47 PM
SmashBro25 posted...
Osumnis posted...

Well, I don't think Sakurai wants to make things seem too competitive, and also what would be tracked? Local and online matches together? Just online?

I would definitely not mind leaderboards but it doesn't seem something Sakurai is interested in including.

He already said he's not including leaderboards in this game. I can't remember the article, but it was in an interview.
---
Game news is the best news.
#7TheMasterTurtlePosted 8/17/2013 3:52:45 PM
SmashBro25 posted...
There are a number of small things I would like to see implemented/carried over for this game, and these have nothing to do with the roster size/inclusions/etc.

2) A dynamic opening cinematic with an orchestra-performed theme, a la Melee (Brawl's was a bit lacking in excitement IMO, Melee did well matching up the music and the video since it wasn't based on existing cut scenes)
3) Longer replay recording, including the ability to upload saved replays to YouTube and/or clips or replays to Miiverse
4) Ability to upload snapshots to Miiverse (should be a given already, but in-game support for it in addition to just accessing Miiverse from the home menu)
5) More music remixes performed by orchestra, a la Melee (Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Main Theme, etc.). Brawl actually had basically no orchestra music except for the Main Theme and possibly the Fire Emblem Theme.
6) No leaderboards, but viewable statistics per player while playing online (via names?)
8) Return of challenges
9) My Music should definitely return, though I hope certain songs might be able to be used on multiple stages of the same franchise (i.e., "Forest/Nature Area" from Kirby can also be played on Green Greens)
And finally,
10) The game should take a page from Halo and implement a robust system for uploading/sharing/downloading custom stages, replays, and snapshots between friends and other players. This could be an awesome addition if it was implemented in an easy to use and intuitive fashion- Brawl had the right idea but the system was a bit clunky, probably due to the Wii's subpar online infrastructure and limited "WiiConnect 24".

Why do you have such a hard on for orchestras?
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreeAmigosProductio - My short films, please enjoy yourself.
#8SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 4:18:41 PM
TheMasterTurtle posted...
SmashBro25 posted...

8) Return of challenges
And finally,

Why do you have such a hard on for orchestras?

Is that a problem? Were the Galaxy games any worse for having orchestra music?
---
#9SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 7:54:57 AM
Bump?
---