This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will Pokemon Gen I get more reps, due to the new (gen I) anime?

#1hydra_dragonPosted 8/17/2013 3:05:04 PM
For those that haven't seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lyi2RSVxqg
It focuses (or atleast looks like it will only focus) on Gen I pokemon only. Sakurai said he picked Pokemon popular from the anime, so will we get more generation I pokemon now?
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#2GhastsPosted 8/17/2013 3:06:35 PM
We don't know.
---
Nanocarp and such.
#3Hughs_RagePosted 8/17/2013 3:06:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Pokemon Trainer will return at this point, since he's based off of Red
Jigglypuff will probably return aswell
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
QWILFISH for Smash 4! Also waiting on Qwilfish's Megalution, QWILSHARK!
#4PrinceSquarePosted 8/17/2013 3:43:11 PM
If anything I think they would change Reds look to the one in the anime.
---
FF: VII>XII>IX>VI>VIII=X>XIII>V>III>I>IV imo <( '.' )> CP: Bayonetta
#5WetterdewPosted 8/17/2013 3:51:22 PM
No.
---
A horrible person:
I am a horrible person. That's what it says: a horrible person.
#6terminacarnivalPosted 8/17/2013 4:07:32 PM
I feel like gamefreak is trying to make the pokemon roster Brawl+Mewtwo

They made Jigglypuff a fairy to make her more relevant.

They Still push Lucario.

Mewtwo is now ultra relevant and is now MORE popular than before[did not think that possible]

And the gen one anime starring red grants him a spot.
#7FlyngSordzPosted 8/17/2013 4:11:57 PM
When there's a new spin-off called "Pokemon Gen I," we can start to guess whether GF is actually pushing the first generation exclusively.
#8MeepleLardiclePosted 8/17/2013 4:27:42 PM(edited)
Brawl Characters + Mewtwo is probably the full extent of Gen 1 we'll be getting from here on in. There are no other characters big enough from Gen 1 who'd really fit in. I GUESS you could make an argument for Meowth or something, but I don't see that happening for a number of reasons.

Now, whether all will return from Brawl is a different argument.

:When there's a new spin-off called "Pokemon Gen I," we can start to guess whether GF is actually pushing the first generation exclusively.

Origins stars Red, the Pokemon Trainer of Gen 1, whose starter is Charmander, the fire starter of Gen 1. His rival is Blue/Green, the rival of Gen 1, whose starter is Squirtle, the Water starter of Gen 1. The trailer shows Red facing Brock, the first Gym Leader in Kanto which is, you guessed it, Gen 1. And what's he using? Geodude, a Rock/Ground type from Gen 1. Should I also point out that Professor Oak, the Gen 1 professor, can be seen in the trailer, and that we can see Lance, the leader of the Gen 1 E4, is also teased at?

Also, the series is called "The Origin" for a reason. Guess what The Origin of Pokemon is? That's right, Gen 1.

Face it, it is a series that is basically an homage to the original games, that being Gen 1. If we get a trailer that starts showing anything other than Gen 1, then you may have an argument.
---
www.rpgdl.com
The site Meeple argues at for too much of his life!
#9sterlingtygerPosted 8/17/2013 5:08:18 PM
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo are all likely anyway.
#10ecylisPosted 8/17/2013 5:12:43 PM
It's not a series, it's just a one-off special